“loved gp!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

You added Grand Pineapple Beach Negril to your Saves list
Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd | P.O. Box 3050, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norwalk, California
“loved gp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just got back from a week trip at grand pineapple. We went here with about 28 of us for my sisters wedding (ages 1-71) and everyone in our group absolutely loved it. It is a smaller resort that isnt over the top like some hotels are but the ground are beautiful and we loved the carribean feel. by the end of the week, we got to know most the staff as well as many other travelers and it was great! ive stayed at many larger all inclusive resorts and i surprisingly prefer the smaller resort. not sure why people on here have complained about the bar- drinks were fantastic and bartenders were always on top of it! the food was very good as well. there isnt a huge selection like the larger resorts but they always had plenty to choose from and i loved that there was so much fresh fruit at every meal! the beach area is absolutely beautiful and there is lots to do- layout and relax, chill in the water, or go use the free rentals from our resort! we did kayaking, snorkeling, and paddle boarding. there is also beach volleyball which our group played everyday! yes there are vendors on the beach but like many have mentioned, once you tell them no, they usually leave you alone. there is security who is always there to make sure no one is getting hassled. the rooms are nothing fancy but who spends much time besides sleeping in them anways..? a few reviews on here complained about the noise level and to be honest it was never a problem with any of us! we also enjoyed the nights with the live band and our favorite was the beach bbq dinner! overall, i would recommend this hotel in an instant! it was one of our favorite family trips (We take one every summer)! like many other reviewers have said, the hospitality of the workers was amazing and is what made us love this place even more! these people are working extra hard to ensure you enjoy your vacation so although its not mandatory, its nice to tip them every once in a while! they deserve it. cant wait til we return here!

Room Tip: we liked the beach side cottages!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable and friendly environment. It's great to know how much fun all of you had at the beach; kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding and playing volley ball. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay.
We hope to see you all again.
Have a wonderful day.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This resorts was great one of the ones I ever had a great vacations nice always on top of people when they need something it's a small resort but so great and the water is so clear on the beach I recommend this hotel too all people if they want to there.
My next vacation will be there.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad to know that you had such a great time with us.
We can´t wait to see you again.
Have a nice day.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at the Grand Pineapple 6/21-6/29. This resort is laid back and very relaxing! From the moment I walked in I felt welcomed. Kerrie-Ann (so nice even had lunch with me before I left... love you girl!) checked me in. I stayed in the beach manor house in suite one. It was huge! It has a living area, dining area, bathroom and bedroom. It was super clean and spacious. Everyone from the front desk to security was friendly. I was traveling alone and felt completely safe the whole time. Whenever you leave the property the security guard writes down your name, room number and time you left. The vendors come by all day with anything you can think of to buy if you are not interested you told them no thank you if they persisted the security would come over and ask them to leave. My housekeepers (Chantel and one day Natasha) were very talented they made neat towel art everyday and the room was spotless. At the bar are some really great bartenders Winston, Marvette, Joseph, Vinton and Ghavri were quick to get whatever you wanted. The food was very good they have theme nights the best night was the Jamaican night awesome jerk pork and chicken! At every meal there was at least one choice of Jamaican food which is great! The fruit there was to die for it was like they just picked it. Jacqueline was my server most days she was so sweet and helpful. Took a ride on the little catamaran and took a kayak out to Alfred's float. There are pretty fish under it. They also had paddle-boards that I did not try wish I had. I met many great people while staying there. They had a band a couple of nights they were pretty good, just wish they sang more reggae Some of the workers came up and sang one was a chef and the other a server. I really can't thing of anything that I did not like everyone there was so nice the grounds were well kept my room was clean bed comfortable drinks were great! It is not a 5 star hotel but to me it was! So if you are looking for butler service and all the bells and whistles this is not the place for you. But if you want a great beach clean room great customer service, great food and drink this place is for you! I would return in a heartbeat!
Thank you for a very relaxing much needed vacation!

Room Tip: Beachside is close to the restaurant and bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm glad that we were able to provide excellent service and excitement in your vacation. We are always delighted to know that we met our standard as well as your expectations by offering amazing customer service in a fun and relaxing environment.
We hope to see you again.
Have a nice day.
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

What a wonderful vacation!

We arrived on Saturday, 6/21 and left on the following Saturday. We met great folks (both locals and from abroad). I would say this resort is not for kids. There’s nothing for them to do. Mostly adults.

Grounds: The grounds were beautifully manicured. They were doing some maintenance but kept the areas clean and tidy for guests. There are some peacocks that are simply gorgeous. But, they do steal food off of plates that are low and on the edge of the dining room/bar!
Accommodations: This isn’t a 5-star resort. It’s clean and nice for the money you pay and for the amount of time (or lack thereof) that will actually be spent in the room. We were in room 33 in a beach cottage (two double beds). It is right off of the back of the dining room. Lots of reviews talked about too much noise. We heard the bass of music a couple of nights, but nothing kept us awake or woke us up while we were sleeping. The barking dogs woke us up a couple of mornings though! The AC works very well and drowns out a lot of the outside noise. Has a great balcony with chairs, table, and a drying rack. Bed was comfortable. Housekeeping keeps the place clean, particularly well done considering how much sand you will track in every day.

Beach: AMAZING! The clear, aqua water couldn’t be more refreshing and inviting. The white sand is fine and powdery. Perfect beach…except…There wasn’t a moment where locals weren’t trying to sell you something (fruit, massages, lobsters, meat patties, pot, excursions, etc.). The first few days were awfully annoying. But, after you’ve said ‘no, thank you’ a few times, they get the point. It was funny to see the new resort guests get dragged into the same conversations we had to have. Just say no and with a smile. Remember, they are just trying to survive. As are the stray dogs that walk around. All this said, the resort has security on the beach and at the front of the resort and they do a splendid job of keeping everyone away. No one will approach your chair as you soak in the rays. Music couldn’t be heard from the beach. If you’re one who likes some tunes while laying out, bring your own little device. We had ours and it was perfect.

Staff & Customer Service: The heart and soul of the GP! There are so many that made our stay so enjoyable. Vinton, Jacqueline, Marvette, Eliot, Winston, and Joseph are just the names I can remember. Challenge Winston to a mean game of Jenga. He’ll win! Thank you all for your hospitality.

Food & Bar: Eh…Breakfast was good! Omelet station, fruit, and other standard breakfast food. Dinner theme nights were okay. Obviously, the Jamaican Night was the best BY FAR. Lunch was hit or miss and seemed to be left overs ‘re-done’ as something else. They do serve pretty good cheeseburgers. The hot dog was disgusting. Bring some snacks. There is nothing served 1030a-1230p. Bar drinks were good! Definitely not weak like some mentioned on here. With daiquiris, though, you have to request rum to be added. Bartenders were great!

Tips:
- Go to Mayfield Falls. 1.5 hr drive, but amazing excursion. Ask for $2.50 (that’s the tour guide’s name); he does great tricks throughout. $60 for the ride there, $15 entrance fee, $20 in tips – Need water shoes or old sneakers!
- Bring singles for tips! We also brought about $60 in $2 bills and the staff seemed to really like getting them. We tipped $1-2 for every meal and every other drink order or so.
- Grab a lunch from Smokey Joes across the street from GP. About $7 per plate. Best Jerk Chicken ever!
- Get a massage from Opal next door. She charged $40 for an hour of pure magic! Best massage I’ve ever gotten!
- The Margaritaville has a complimentary shuttle. Check it out on the beach party night. It’s entertaining.
My husband and I had a blast. Beautiful people and a beautiful country! Thank you GP for a great time!

Room Tip: Beach Cottages are a must!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We only stayed at Grand Pineapple, Negril for 3 days (long weekend trip--a belated birthday present for my wife), but loved it. Everything people have said about the rooms being "dated" is true, but so is everything they said about them being kept impeccably clean. The staff were very friendly & accommodating. I think some of this was just "Jamaica, mon"--but I also think we had some of the best of "Jamaica" serving us during our stay. We were there during the "rainy season" (low season) Though, it only rained one afternoon during our stay; however, that one was a real "gully-washer!" We spent one of our 3 days taking the Appleton Estates Rum Tour (the day that it rained.) It was well worth it & we enjoyed ourselves immensely. We had a delightful visit with our driver (the trip lasted much of the day, so we had ample time to talk & ask lots of questions), & he would stop at roadside stands so we could get fresh (tree ripened) mangos, bananas & cold coconut juice (right from the shell--drunk through a straw). The "Rum tour" reminded us of nothing so much as some winery tours we've been on in the Napa & Sonoma Valleys...the main difference being that they used sugar cane for their fermentation, instead of grapes. But they had a "Master Blender" just like a winery...& she (the only "she" to have such a position of prestige & importance on the island of Jamaice) was responsible for blending the more "refined" (read: expensive & exclusive) rums... but I have to say, the tastings did get you "tipsy" a bit quicker, for sure!
We (especially my wife) spent the rest of our time walking on the beautiful ("7-mile") beach that stretched in both directions from the resort. My wife was approached a couple of times by men wondering what she might be seeking, as a solitary woman walking on the beach, but she was never hassled. When she politely made it clear she wasn't looking for "company," they left her alone.
The food was quite good.The fresh fruit at breakfast (papaya, mango & pineapple) was some of the best I've had in all of the Carribean, South, or Central America! And the variety of choices of main dishes at each meal, was mind-boggling--some of it great, some just so-so; but there were always several choices that were quite delicious at each & every meal. We also had fresh-made omelettes for breakfast every day..And then there was the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee they served each day for breakfast & stocked in the rooms daily. So if you're a coffee drinker, you know that it doesn't get much better than that!
Our experience with the (off-season) bar was also quite pleasant, as one recent reviewer noted. The drinks were well-made. The amount of alcohol used to make them seemed to depend on which particular bar-tender we were ordering from. Something I did find a bit curious was that they always asked if we wanted alcohol in our PinaColadas when we ordered them (& we probably ordered them more than just about anything else, as they were the most consistently good) Finally I pointed out to one of the bartenders, when he asked, that they AREN'T really PinaColadas WITHOUT the alcohol--they are just fruit juice. And they stopped asking. My only disappointment with the bar was that on the first night I asked for bourbon, neat (I had read a review that specifically identified that fact that they stocked Jim Beam bourbon, one of my favorites) & they said "no, don't have any bourbon; and offered me Scotch, instead"....! So I learned to drink rum, as a "sipper" (& I only had to forgo the "Beamer" for a few days, but I have to say, I've not converted to rum, when I have the choice!) ;)
So yes, we definitely loved Grand Pineapple.If & when we return to Jamaica, we will most probably go back to stay there, again; but I don't know just when that might be (we go to South America [Uruguay & Argentina, to be specific] on an annual basis, & some years, include Ecuador, as well; so it may be a couple years before we can make it back...)

Room Tip: We stayed in a beachside cottage--ground floor & to the back part (away from the beach itself) o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed at Grand Pineapple for 1 week. June 8th - June 15th.

Pros -
1. Amazing and friendly staff. Our servers, and most of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay accomodating. We were travelling with a 4 month old baby boy, and everyone loved him.

2. Grounds are well kept and I can't say enough of the beautiful beach which was cleaned daily. Security was tight, and kept the sellers at bay.

3. The food despite it being one restaurant and a buffet was tasty, and had a good variety of North American food and Jamaican food. (what was in season)

4. Drinks were tasty and not weak at all. Mind you, we tipped the bartender generously, so perhaps that made a difference in the quality of the drinks.

Cons -
1. A fridge should be standard in every room, but we paid $60 to have a stocked fridge for the week, which they stock only once. (4 juice, 4 small bottles of water, 4 coke, 4 diet coke, 4 red stripe, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of rum) We had a baby with us, and I didn't like to have to fork out extra cash to have a fridge for a week in order for us to keep his formula cold.

2. You have to pay for Wifi, and it's expensive!!! $45 for the week or $15 for 24 hours. We just needed it to be able to communicate with some friends who were coming the following week, but I felt nickel and dimed by having to again pay extra for stuff at an "all inclusive" resort.

3. The first room we were given was on the garden side and the bathtub leaked, the closet door was broken, and the room was dark. However, we did mention it to Lancelot,(manager) and he upgraded our room at no extra charge and even put us on the beach side. Which we appreciated but also leads me to con #4.

4. On two of the nights, there was a huge music event at Alfreds which is right next door. I was awoken at about 10:30 pm to the sound of heavy beats, and it was LOUD!!!! I couldn't sleep, and I was so tired I was in tears. They wrapped it up by about 1am. If you are on the garden side, apparently you can't hear it, but if you are on the beach side, there is no getting around it. This is of course no fault of GP, though they should tell their guests that it at times can get noisy at nights.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. They clearly need to make some improvements. (fridges in the room, free wifi, electrical outlets in the bathrooms) but what they lack, they do try to make up in service. I give them 3 stars....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rhodelia, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Here we go...
JUST got back from 8 nights at the Grand Pineapple Beach Resort.
I literally was emotional leaving this place. I am in awe of the staff, the attitudes, and the value here......IF you didnt like it... I am not sure what to say... but here goes the review...
WE ( a group of 9 ladies from Kentucky, yes, we are crazy..) booked through FunJet vacations in August of 2013. I researched resorts for months, trying to decide what would fit our needs. After checking reviews, forums, and chatting with returning guests, we all decided on GPB, Beachside Manor rooms.
I started to email the resort, Ms.Sigourney Smith (Asst Mgr) to be specific, and stayed in touch until approximately 3-4 weeks prior to our arrival, making sure the booking had no issues, and we would all be close together. Four rooms were booked, so I knew it could get tricky.
She answered me every time, and assured everything was good to go.
On June 11th, we arrived in MoBay, quickly breezed through customs, and met our friend and driver Trevor, (He is the only person I choose to drive anywhere, and has been taking my family all over Jamaica for over 10 years). We went to Scotchies for lunch and headed to Negril.
Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted with smiles and hugs. All of the information, and paperwork was prepared and ready for us. Then there was a glitch...one of the ladies in our party, somehow was left out of the booking. Yes, I realize that sounds crazy... but here is what happened.. she booked with FunJet 3 months after we did, and paid for the airfare and was never told anything different, she was even sent the paperwork for the room... everything looke as it should be..She has NEVER traveled anywhere and just assumed she would be "sharing" a room....well guess what? she wasnt technically booked ....Ms. Sigouney Smith, turned a potential disaster into a "NO Problem" mishap. She worked it out, the balance was negotiated and just put on a card... and we went up to the Beachside Manor rooms... ALL connected. Perfect.
*Rooms-- we were in the Beachside Manor rooms are right above the gift shop, and the offices, all connected to a shared balcony, like a standard hotel. they have been painted, and "perked" up. Beachside Cottages are a bit closer, and adorable, Gardenside across the street, and you would have to walk a ways to the beach, some people like that... I am happy with where we stayed, very happy.
Pay attention here.... THEY NEED UPDATING.... new tile, caulking, vanities, some furniture, and definetely matresses.... YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR SANDALS OR SECRETS... (I wanted to point that out early)...I visit Sandals MoBay every february with my husband, and LOVE that resort ... trust me when I say, we pay much more... and ALL hotels need updating!!!!! Its the caribbean.. the weather with humidity is hard on these resorts...and GP is not new by any means... they are working on it, give it time...the rooms are kept clean, very clean, daily, and has cold a/c. If you need something, just ask.. we needed extra towels, easy to get them, by asking. My only request that could be changed...There are no refrigerators in the room.. I knew this going in, so I puchased one for the week upon arrival. $60.00 stocked with juice, water, beer, wine ( I requested more beer, no wine) and sodas. $40.00 not stoocked. We refilled the fridge, by simply walking across the street to the Shamrock Store. $1.40 per Red Stripe. Cheap.
*Grounds-- Beautiful, manicured daily, and new sidewalks were being put in during our stay. Flora and Fauna, all that and more....
*Food-- I have NO complaints... I gained 7 lbs... yeah I know..... I think for a small AI, the food was great... I loved international night the most.. one afternoon, my niece was hungry before lunch was served, and I simply asked if we could get anything, one bartender said no not yet... Kerri-Ann, from the desk walked by and I asked her about it ..she looked puzzled...and stated "of course you can"... So burgers and fries were ordered....AGAIN... ask. If you are a "late Night" snacker... then you may have a problem.. nothing really available after 10:30pm.... so my suggestion.... the store has chips, snacks... or bring some.. or just go next door to Alfreds...or the jerk chicken stand across the street.. they serve late... the dining staff, Bethune ( my sweetie), Jaqueline, Kevin, CiCi, and many more... always smiling, accomodating, genuinely care. We miss them.
*Beach-- Simply gorgeous.... clear, amazingly beautiful. the beach is cleaned up daily, and we stayed there from 10am to 5pm everyday... if you love the beach you will be in heaven here....
Ther are peddlers. IT IS on a public beach... there is a fence line, on each side, to a certain point, with signs posted..... you dont want to be bothered? stay behind the fence line... Security works hard to keep them away.. Thank you Denis and Damian... we loved these guys.. actually hung out with them a bit... great people. They are there for your safety. Use them. if you are leaving the area, they will write your names down, so everyone is accounted for...very nice.
Now there is Gilbert the yelling homeless man... he stays on the public stretch and walks by cussing ... up and down the beach... he never harmed any one, but it is annoying as heck.
Security will keep him away from you. Then there is the dog issue..... My heart is broken... the dogs are on the beach, sweet playful, hungry and thirsty. You cant do a thing about it. I know this, but I AM an animal lover esspacially dogs... so any comments about "dogs attacking", is ludacris. They did nothing, but want to be petted.. and maybe a scrap of food. AGAIN, the security will run them off... I just walked next door to Alfreds and played with them...
*EXCURSIONS--We took a couple trips with Captain Moses Boat tours right next door, and had a BLAST! Rasta Lobsta and Anthony are amazing, and took great care of us, they are a couple of young kids, (20ish) and made it perfect! ...DO the One Love Bus Bar Crawl... best money Ive ever spent... I promise..Lenbert is great, you will visit several "real" Jamiacan bars, and have the time of your life.. Courtney a.k.a "Carver" sits on the beach and makes beautiful things, at a reasonable price, he is a very sweet man, and made us a gorgeous plaque that says "Sunshine Girls", (everyone said we brought the sun with us , haha) check out his items.
*Bar-- I dont understand the comments about "weak drinks" and "waiting"... I realize we there in June, but this was never and issue at anytime. we had to ask the to lighten up some of the drinks.. LOL, not even kidding...Beer was always cold, eveb for draft... and its Red Stripe and Red Stripe light... so get used to it.. ...Marvette!!!! IS THE BEST!!!!! I absolutely get why she was employee of the year... she absolutely deserves it...Vinton, a close second, Ghavri, SheMarie, Joseph... loved all of them...
we were SOOOO not ready to leave...it started raining, and the joke was, we were taking the sun.... LOL, we got a kick out of it.... we hugged everyone, and hated the idea of not seeing all these wonderful people for a while.... Sigourney and the Manager, Lancelot, (amazing guy... )literally helped us take our luggage to the van, and personally gave us "goodbyes", or as they say "Soon Come Back", very special...... Listen, if you want Sandals 5 Star, or Secrets, or Couples, or even Half Moon or Jamiaca Inn.... then pay for it... if you want a clean room, good drinks, good food, a beautiful environment, and peace and comfort at an affordable price??? Come here... you will not be dissapointed... if perfection is what you are looking for.. then get it elsewhere..this is a no frills resort... and I love it. BUT, you will miss out on memories, friendship, laughs and love. I am already looking to book next year.....
any questions?... PM me... I will help in any way I can.... #OneLove

Room Tip: Beachside.... unless you really want away from it all.. total quiet (minus the peacocks)... we slept...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Pineapple Beach Negril? Share your experiences!