“Relaxing destination” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 89 Hotels in Negril
Boston, Massachusetts
“Relaxing destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Grand Pineapple Negril from March 19 - 26, 2013 to relax and celebrate our anniversary. We have traveled to Jamaica several times in the past, so we knew what to expect. Traveling on a Tuesday with a direct JetBlue flight from Boston was the way to go, there was no one in customs and we got through with ease. We used Clives Transport for a private car to the resort. This was a great experience, our driver was wonderful and we would highly recommend Clives.

The moment we stepped from the car the staff of GP made us feel welcome. The lady crossing guard greeted us with a smile and showed us into the lobby. Check in was a breeze and we were given Beach Cottage Room 42 with a king sized bed The room was more quaint than small but with plenty of space for the both of us. The patio outside had a table with two chairs and a rack for drying swimsuits and was where we spent most of our time outside of the beach. During our stay, maintenance was painting the exterior of the buildings. The interior of my unit appeared to be freshly painted and exceptionally clean.

The beach is beautiful with plenty of shade chairs for lounging and is centrally located in Negril. Walking the long beach is my favorite thing to do in Negril and GP is right in the center of the action. The sand is powder soft, but walk in the morning as it gets hot in the afternoon. Bring an inflatable float and give it to someone when you leave. You will not regret it. We also brought our own snorkel equipment so that we could go off on our own snorkeling.

The food was delicious and we were never hungry. One afternoon for lunch I had a wonderful curried shrimp with vegetables. The selection was varied with different theme days. Due to the chance of showers, we did not have the beach party during my stay.

I had a massage and facial during my stay which were wonderful.

Overall, our vacation was wonderful. The staff was unbelieveable, I cannot stress how nice everyone was. Upon arrival my first impression of the resort was how NICE and genuinely welcoming everyone was. Jacquline our waitress was a pleasure and even King George went out of his way to welcome us among the GP family. GP is a small, boutique resort without that overbearing, crowded feel you get with some of the larger places. I liked the fact that I didn't have to bring 'dressy' clothes for dinner, the atmosphere is more like the casual, beachy, real Negril that I am traveling for. We loved it so much, before we left we booked for next year.

Thank you Alexander Pike and the staff of the GP for such a relaxing vacation. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Room Tip: I prefer the beach side cottage with king sized bed and in room fridge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are so happy that you had a wonderful anniversary stay with us! It's an honor to share it and I'm glad that we were able to make your stay incredible. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations and to know how much you loved the resort. We can't wait until you return!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I just returned for a great week at the Grand pineapple!! The resort is small and easily accessible. The rooms are clean and inviting!! We stayed in a beachside cottage which gave us a short walk every morning to the beach and coffee .The manager Alexander is always there with a smile and friendly conversation...and so is all his staff! We have been to a lot of all inclusive resorts and this is a First!! The desk staff is so helpful (Troy) .he made a dinner recommendation for us off the resort...arranged all the details.it was amazing.
The security people are also friendly and helpful. The bartenders and wait staff were all wonderful.
I cannot forget to mention Carver...he sits on the beach everyday making the most beautiful wood carvings...make sure you check him out.
The beach is clean and beautiful .You do have to go down early in the morning to get chairs under the few trees if you want some shade!!
They have a nice variety of food.for all meals.
Overall.. A quiet,comfortable stay...I and can't wait to go back !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We really appreciate you posting about your wonderful stay at Grand Pineapple Negril! Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and It is always our pleasure to serve.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Arrived with Virgin Atlantic on 17th March 2013. Late at night and raining, we were shown room 45. We upgraded to the beach cottage, room 45 is on the lower floor at the back of the resort with a great big tree next to it and the service road outside the window.... We were not for staying! We were moved the following morning to room 42, upper floor near the reception, huge four poster king size bed, ceiling fan and air conditioning - Great room. The staff, service, and atmosphere at Grand Pineapple endear you to the wonderful people of Jamaica. The food is very good, nothing fantastic, but tasty, good choice and very fresh. We never went hungry!! The location takes a little getting used to. A public beach but it is manned 24/7 by great security staff who keep the locals well away from you. There are some interesting characters to watch. Always felt safe and great we could leave all our valuables on the beds whilst we went swimming out to the floating platform. The hotel is a boutique hotel so you meet friends very quickly and easily and the staff get to know your needs!! - Rum and coke, rum punch etc lol. Plenty sun beds, no problem seating around the bar, just enjoy the entertainment from your table!! Music in hotel stops at 10pm but Alfreds starts then! Little interruption to sleep though. Enjoy the morning sunshine, chill in the shade in the afternoon then watch the most perfect sunset in the world with a cocktail from the great bar staff. Thanks Alex and your team, hope we come back to see our friends again next year.

Room Tip: Avoid room 45. The rooms across in the garden look like they will be quieter. Just crossing the road...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation with us. At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff at Grand Pineapple Negril did just that. We would be more than happy to welcome you back in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had the BEST time at the hotel! Everyone is soo nice and the food is to die for! It is my new favorite vacation spot! It is a great place for a family vacation, soo much to do!

You always feel like you are a part of the family while you stay. You live in your bathing suit, so you don't need to bring much. Unless of course you want to donate items. They are very grateful! My family and I did that the last time we were there, went to goodwill. So awesome!

Room Tip: Beach Side is the best!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril! I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectation and make this an amazing experience for you and your entire family.

Come back to your second home soon! :-) We look forward to your return!

Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just returned from 15 days at Grand Pineapple, which was absolutely wonderful. This was our 2nd trip here and again we have rebooked to return before we even left there. All the staff here are wonderful, ensuring guests have everything they need or they will go out of their way to ensure you get what you need. The food was varied with each evening being a different selection of foods. Sean in watersports along with the others worked hard to ensure towels were available and would gladly take you out for a sail. We had absolutely no complaints of any kind and we met lots of other nice guests to chat with..The beach there is the best, always clean and plenty to keep you busy, including paddle boards, kayaks and of course sail boats. Rooms are cute and quaint with everything you need to be comfortable. Can't wait to return and already the countdown is on...

Room Tip: We chose to stay on the beachside both times but daily would cross the street to the gardenside..bot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are very grateful for your excellent review. After your amazing vacation at Grand Pineapple Negril, I know your second stay with us had a lot to live up to and I'm so glad we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your review with our General Manager and staff.

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review of Grand Pineapple Negril.

We look forward to your third visit with us in the future!

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

In 2000 we found this little hidden gem and fell in love with it. People always ask us why don't we try other resorts or areas of Jamaica and the easy answer is that we know this fits us perfectly so why be disappointed going somewhere else?

This trip was March 23-29. We had room 35 on the beachside, upon setting down our bags we were thrilled to see the towel art and flowers placed upon the bed. We had a small issue with the air conditioner but after reporting it to the front desk Kerry Ann and Riccardo quickly had a new air conditioner installed. The rooms are simple and modest but always clean. The housekeepers were great, our bathroom and floors were spotless.

We were thrilled to be here again because Sandals at one point was going to sell the property and we thought we would never see this place again. Upon being checked in the resort manager came out of his office to great us. AlexanderPike is one of the best managers I have ever seen! He is hands on with the staff and out mingling with the guests at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are very happy to see the resort in his very capable hands.

Through the years we have been here where the food was just good to just ok to very good. I think this year the food was very good. When I come to Jamaica I want to eat Jamaican food and there was always authentic options. i can never get enough of it! Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all good in my option and if you don't like it you can order from the grill and get a burger or grilled cheese and french fries.

We quickly noticed the familiar friendly staff members. Joseph in the dining room was the first we encountered and we gave him great big hugs! He has been one of the staff that we have known since 2000 and he was a sight for sore eyes. Joseph is always one of my favorites every trip. Jacqueline is another staff member that returned after the shut down and she is so sweet and such a pleasant lady. I really enjoyed talking to her everyday. We met Nicholas for the first time this trip and he was also such a pleasure during our week, he always had a smile. Marvette is another returning staff member that we love to death but were a bit disappointed that she did more behind the scenes work this time and was not out in the dining room interacting like years past.

Now onto the bartenders. Who does not love their bartender? Well the biggest news durning our stay was a VERY BELOVED bartender named Andrew came back home to GPN durning our stay. Trust me when I say the resort was not complete without him! We were thrilled to be there when he returned. Gharveri took such great care of me that I coined myself " the white wine lady" because I was at the bar every night asking for white wine which they tended to run out of nightly but he made sure I was happy :). One other bartender that impressed us was a new one named Vinton. This guy never stopped, he was the hardest working guy we have ever seen.

One other staff member that took very good care of us was the sports guy Sean. Sean was always asking how our day was and got us chairs and towel each day. You can always get your own towels in the sports shack as well.

And finally my report would not be complete without mentioning the one man that we met in 2000 that showed two strangest from Philadelphia PA what true friendship means. Courtney the carver is one of the most special people we have ever met and he is now like a brother to both my husband and myself. I am not sure we would have returned for our second if it was not for Courtney's friendship.

There are so many other great things about this resort so please feel free to reach out to me if you have questions. We will be back in 2 years no doubt!

One love,
Heather

Room Tip: There is a beachside and garden side. The beachside rooms are just steps away from the restaurant th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so thrilled to hear that you had such a marvelous vacation with us. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations again. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again.

Brainerd, Miinnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Pineapple from February 23, 2013 to the 28th. The staff was so friendly and willing to go the extra mile for anything we wanted or needed!! Antoinette (guest services), Ghavri (bartender), James (sous chef) and D'Von Whilby (security) all deserve an A+!!!! D'Von was so friendly and helpful and does an awesome job in his position! The food was fantastic and James went the extra mile one afternoon and made us some appetizers on the "off hours" and brought to us on the beach. Antoinette helped my boyfriend walk the resort and pick a big bouquet of flowers for me as a surprise. They are so many intimate things about this resort that we treasured. We are going back already in May!!! Each one of these employees are an asset to Grand Pineapple and made our stay extra special. I give this five stars because of them!!!

Room Tip: We are going back and thus time staying in a cottage on the beach. We stayed beachside before in th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review of Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and it is always our pleasure to serve. We are very happy to know that you had a fabulous vacation with us. See you soon!