“Great little place for good price” 4 of 5 stars

Sunset on the Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #67 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Orlando, Florida
“Great little place for good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We didn't have a reservation to this hotel as I traveled with my Local friends. We picked this place along the way. It was a great experience. I would definitely stay here again. Our room was clean, the beds were ok, bathroom was a little outdated but you are in Jamaica and not in a fancy resort so it did the purpose. We even had a balcony :)
The beach is nice, more quiet than further down. The bar right at the beach was a fabulous place to get your sunset cocktails. I would recommend to try the dirty banana. I had a great experience at this hotel and I would definitely recommend to anybody who wants to have a budget getaway but still taste the real Jamaican vibe. We had breakfast and dinner at a local restaurant called Juicy J's. We had ackee and saltfish and a fantastic curry chicken and oxtail.
I wish I could eat there every day :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My second stay here was early October 2013. I stayed 4 nights and had a great time. The staff was delightful to chat with, and the housekeeping staff were top notch, ensuring I had clean towels, and my room cleaned daily. The continental breakfast was a little disappointing. It was a plate with one small muffin 2 triangles of watermelon and 1 slice of toast. The last time I visited, the breakfast was set up buffet style, which was much nicer. Overall, I really liked the property and will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

From the staff to the rooms were great. Really great place to stay if you are a woman traveling alone. Richardo will make sure to keep you safe. Chef Donnovan is OMG! I can't even explain how good his food is.the supervisor is always on his job and fixes any complaint ASAP.

I sent most of my party nights with the guys from the Jet ski hut out front and trust they know how to party. Especially at Kareoke! Big up Johny the Kareoke guy. They have almost any song you can think of.

• Stayed September 2013
Neptune, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went to this hotel for Dream weekend and my experience was not good. the pictures on line looks decent but at the hotel the court yard was disgusting the garden seemed like weed and haven't been taken care of for months garbage was piled up by the steps to walk to my room. electricity problem the whole week. no hot water for most of the day AC was leaking in my room. the window leak and wet my luggage up. after making a complain to the general manager all he can promise is next time it will be better i told him it will never be a next time. if you want some were cheap just to lay your head then go there if you want to enjoy you vacation i advice choose some were else i ave this hotel a 1 or should i say motel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North Pole, Alaska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you're looking for a five star this is not it. If you're looking to have a good time on a budget on the beach this is it. It's right on the beach very nice beach, good location you can walk to shopping areas and most local restaurants accessible to public transportation and taxis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Upon arriving in Jamaica, I realized that the resort I had originally booked was absolutely disgusting and not safe to stay in for my girlfriend and I. Not to mention the hotel staff had stolen our purses and I was scared beyond belief...(This was not the sunset on the beach resort I am referring to). So we began walking down the blvd and spotted a women driving down the road in her truck.. we waived her down and she let us hop in her truck and told us she had a resort up the road. This women ended up being the owner of Sunset on the Beach Resort and she gave us a room and wristbands so we could eat.. after we had all of our money stolen from the last hotel. She was beyond wonderful and helped us out in every way possible!

The nightly events on the beach were wonderful- fire dancers, live reggae music, a DJ, and the best part was that the Owners were mingling with the guests. They are very hospitable and extremely kind folks. I highly suggest staying here!
Rooms were amazingly clean and the food was wonderful! Not to mention the prime location on the beach!

Room Tip: The suite that overlooks the sea is absolutely amazing! Beautiful breathtaking view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I am taking the time to let people know about how bad this hotel is:
1. From the moment I got there no remote for TV,
2. ac needed repair in my room
3. Hot water kepts stopping I had to call for them to turn it back on
4. Room cleaning lady complained and tried to get out of cleaning. I had to call for soap for dirty glasses to be taken out if my room.
5. They came for dirty towels at 10 I couldn't leave the house because they did not have towels to bring for me
6. They woke me up in the morning to take the iron out of my room for another room. When I checked in they sent the security into a room to steal one iron because I had to make a scene.
7. At check out I had to carry a blackened iron, remotes back to front desk
8. They refused to give me more than 2 towels in my room
9. The curtains were see through I had to sign for a beach towel to hang over my curtain
10. When I tried to ask the manager ms.june to speak to she sat in the room at the reception and did not come out and told the receptionist to tell me she was busy.
11. No Ice machine
12. Gave me the wrong safe key and then asked me if I'm sure I know how to use the safe
13. Every time I was at the front desk there were other people complaining and arguing.

Please this place is not worth your money.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Sunset on the Beach Resort? Share your experiences!