“Magnificent vacation!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #5 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Negril
“Magnificent vacation!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This vacation was the best experience! It was great from our driver Nedric to the entire staff to the villa! Nedric was so knowledgeable and he knows how to drive! Our house staff, Chef Neil, Jonathan, Polly and Lebert were all fantastic! Chef Neil was such a great chef! The food was out of this world! Jonathan our butler/ bartender was Johnny on the spot! We felt like kings and queens! Our concierge, Nesha was so sweet and helpful! Words cannot explain how wonderful our stay at Dream Walk was! We wanted to take them home with us! The villa was wonderful! We had 3 couples vacationing and we all wish we could have stayed longer! We will definitely be going back! We LOVE, LOVE Moon Dance Villas! And our new friends!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was the best vacation we have ever had. Planning and paying the trip was so hassle free with Kim's assistance. Upon arrival we were impressed with the prompt service of our driver, bartender Christine, chef Robert, and accommodation specialist Nisha. Our villa was perfect. From the drinks, to the food, to the privacy and relaxation this was the best. Our villa was n great location, right next to Margaritaville. The pool attendant and lifeguard Roran were great as well. We will be returning soon and I will for sure be requesting Christine and Robert! The entire staff was awesome!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have never been to such a beautiful wonderland, i say it because from the time we landed we had car service takes us to the villa and was greeting with run punch. the rooms were over looking the oceans huge beds huge glass bathroom huge ceiling fans the air was rich. We were attending my brothers wedding and we stayed in the three bedroom villa you want to talk about everything we wanted or needed was given to us ever thing. breakfast was the bomb we had Jamaican breakfast with ackee and salt fish dumplings i felt were in Jamaica we will eat like the Jamaicans. The balcony outside the room made for great sun bathing if you didn't feel like going to the beach. snorkeling was the best. at night you literally can touch the stars and the moon. have you ever felt safe like when you home in your house safe well come here you feel more then safe like OMG i could leave my purse go walking along the beach at night by myself and never worry about someone hurting me. Love the people and they braided our hairs and we were taking to the falls. this place is the best the money you spend is *ucking worth it like OMG. the Wedding by the beach and the live band was excellent. i was very surprise i never heard of thi splace and i think it added to its mystery love loved loved loved this villa. and the other Villas were the other guest stayed were just as fabulous.

Room Tip: these villas are for friends looking to loose out the hair get you single weekend on or a lovers get...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The outstanding service started from when we were picked up at the airport. Our hotel driver Nedric had a smile on his face and a cooler filed with cold drinks. Our concierge, Nisha made sure she was there to greet us every morning and made sure our day was planned out just right. Or chef Nathaniel was great, nothing he made I did not like. Our bartender/friend Sasha was outstanding. So much to say about her, but will sum it up to she made the place feel like home. Villa was clean, nice and in a great location. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Outstanding experience and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013
Spencer, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My in-laws wanted to take us on a vacation for their 60th birthdays and chose Moon Dance Villas. After she sent me the information I thought the pictures were too good to be true - I was completely wrong. Upon arrival we were greeted by Neisha who showed us our villa. We stayed in the Bay Whisper Villa (5 bedrooms) which was perfect for our family. The short walk to our villa was gorgeous, out of every window in every room of our villa we could see gorgeous foliage and flowers. We were greeted with amazing fresh squeeze juice. Neisha sat down with us and asked us what we would like for our first meal and showed us around, out to the private beach (which we shared with other guests, but it was so spacious that was NEVER a problem). I can not say enough about Neil, our chef, who made everything we wanted. Since we were celebrating birthdays, he ended up making 3 delicious cakes and the staff sang happy birthday to each person. Every meal he made was delicious - we all came home wanting Neil to come with us. His traditional jerk pork and jerk chicken are a must while you are there but he will make whatever you want. We ate every meal there in our 6 day stay, when we went out on a glass bottom boat, they packed a lunch and cooler for us. When we went diving, they packed everything we would need. They had snacks, beer, pop, and water available to us all the time. Our bartender Wendy, was amazing, she got us anything we wanted and decorated our table everyday so it was gorgeous. We had my 15 month old nephew with us and the entire staff was amazing with him. We also used a babysitter (for an extra charge) provided by Moon Dance and she was amazing. When we got back my nephew didn't want to leave her arms. RoRo and Dale kept our pool clean and kept us safe of the beach. Whatever we wanted to do they had it set up for us in minutes. Want to go to scuba diving? Parasailing? Ride jet skis? Go to the market? Snorkeling? On a glass bottom boat? They will find the right people and vendors who won't screw you over. They do everything in their power to keep you happy and safe. I was unfortunate enough to jump off of the cliffs at Rick's Cafe and broke my tailbone. The staff was so helpful getting a doctor who came right to the resort. He gave me pain meds and anti inflammatory shot to get me through the plane ride back to Iowa. I can't say enough about the staff. Neisha checked on us every morning, helped us plan our meals, helped us plan what we wanted to do for the day. Neil and Wendy were there whenever we needed them to be - if we wanted breakfast at 6 it would be ready then. RoRo and Dale helped us with everything else we needed. Amazing staff. Amazing memories. Amazing memories. If I would ever take another trip I would never stay any where but here. I would request the same staff because they were so amazing. If you want a vacation where you want to be waited on hand and foot and be spoiled by the nicest people in Jamaica - this is your place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My girlfriends and I wanted to do something special for our 40th birthday and we hit the nail on the head with Moon Dance Villas. Together with our husbands, we stayed in the Ginger Breeze house and LOVED all of the staff! We started off the day with Jeremy, our driver, picking us up in Montego Bay. We had a great ride and learned some Patwaa (sp?) on the way. We were greeted by Jonathan and Kaisha with fancy blue drinks and were shown to our house and around the property. We were happily shocked (one of my friends was moved to tears!) For the next several days we were treated like kings and queens by Jonathan, our bartender and Neil, who was a talented and amazing chef. We had the best food I have ever had. It was fresh, seasoned perfectly and always hot off the stove! We were never without a drink in our hands and wanted for nothing the entire week. We LOVED Jonathan, Neil, RoRo, Dale and all of the other staff who took such good care of us, including cleaning the big beautiful house daily. We loved Negril and I would never stay anywhere else! This trip was very relaxing and fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
West Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were the "mom and dad" in the review titled "Our Best Vacation Ever", that renewed our vows for our 50th wedding anniversary at Moon Dance Villas (Bay Whisper), Negril, Jamaica with our two sons, their wives, and our two grandchildren. Our son started to write the review but was forced to "submit" before he had completed it, so asked me to do so. He specifically asked me to mention the fantastic job that our concierge, Nesha, did for all of us while there. What can I say, but "awesome"? She was there every morning to check on us and to help plan our meals for that day, arrange excursions and transportation, and to attend to any and every need or problem (like my lost luggage which she got delivered right to our door in short notice). She also attended to every detail of our "vow renewal". She and Oneika (our absolutely wonderful wedding coordinator) took care of my flowers, decorated the bridge and arch, set up a table on the beach for our certificate signing, scattered flower petals on the walk and beach path, made the arrangements for Reverend Pearth, and even "made" me a cd for our music that night. She planned our special dinner that night, complete with champagne, and a beautiful cake that she took the time out of her very busy day to personally bake just for us (as I hadn't even planned to have one). As my son said, we were all a little "unsure" at first at the prospect of having a "staff", but got used to it real quick. I have never been more "pampered" in my life! Our driver, Dean, waited at the airport for us, as we were late in arriving. He actually found us in the middle of a crowd, wandering around in a daze, and greeted us with a "full cooler" for our ride to the villa. We were met outside at the van by smiling faces and margaritas!! We were escorted to our beautiful, cool room, to freshen up, and out to the patio for one of the most fantastic meals I've ever eaten....which was just the first of the many fabulous meals our chef, Nate, prepared for us. (I said it was a good thing they were weighing our lugguge when we returned, and not us!) The night of our "vow renewal" we returned to our room to find that Denzil had decorated the room with flowers everywhere! There was a heart of flowers and "I love you" spelled out on the bed. It was beautiful, as was every morning, with fresh flowers and "towel animals" adorning our room. Now, for Andre, our barman,...and our "everything". I fell so in love with him that I felt like I was leaving one of my kids behind. I don't remember having to "ask" for anything. He was there with drinks, snacks, fans, towels, whatever. He walked by one day heading to the beach with a cooler, and I asked where he was headed. He said, "just going to see if "our kids" need a cold drink or a fresh towel". He served our meals and kept our glasses full, and had our coffee waiting for us every morning to greet another beautiful day in paradise. He was wonderful. The groundskeeper, and people at the pool and beach, were just terrific also. We are most definitely asking for our entire staff again when we return....which we are also most definitely going to do. Our time there was without a doubt, "our best vacation ever".
One other concern, for me, was security and tales of being hassled by vendors on the beach. Not so. I was greeted most mornings by security "blowing kisses" to me as I sat on my balcony, sipping hot coffee, and looking at the beautiful ocean....and, again, as we sat outside around our pool until the wee hours of morning. Perfectly safe and secure. The vendors were very respectful and never created a problem. Security was also very prevalent on the beach area.

Room Tip: Bay Whisper was the only place we found that had 5 "master bedrooms".
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Moon Dance Villas? Share your experiences!