“Another unbelievable Travellers experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Travellers Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril JMDWD14, Jamaica   |
Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Atlanta, Georgia
“Another unbelievable Travellers experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Just finished up a weeks stay at Travellers as I was in town for Dream Weekend. This was my 2nd time staying at Travellers and I can't say enough good things about the experience! While in Negril, I don't envision myself ever staying anywhere else. The thing that really makes this place an amazing experience is the wonderful staff. Everyone from the front desk, on site maintenance, restaurant, and the owners do everything possible to make your stay an incredible experience. They have a wonderful Manager's Reception on Wednesday evenings complete with local dishes and rum punch. My favorite part of the week had to be having breakfast every morning on the restaurant deck under the shade of the trees while staring at the clear blue water. If you want to experience an authentic Jamaican experience, then Travellers is the place for you!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us here at Travellers over Dream Weekend. I appreciate your complimenting our team who make Travellers the success it is. Breakfast by the blue Caribbean Sea is certainly a great way to start the day - I know I do it every day! Do hope we can welcome you back and again thank you for your five bubble review.

Best wishes from the Travellers family...........

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here during dream weekend 2014...if you're looking peace and quiet this is not the spot...the bar starts to play music at 11am until midnight, the standard rooms walls are thin, I could hear the person next door snoring and the couple upstairs making love. The food is at the restaurant is very good but took me an hour to get.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Delia thank you for your review. It certainly made me think as only yesterday I answered a review that called us a "nice quiet hotel" and today I read the opposite in your review! Every guest has different expectations of course. Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear the music at the bar bothered you. We do try to cater for all tastes and if the music was too loud we would have gladly turned it down. I must admit ATI/Dreams week in Negril is the biggest party of the year anywhere in Jamaica and probably not the week to find peace and serenity. Your remarks re the standard room and restaurant service will as always be used by us to improve our guest experience. Many of our best ideas and plans come directly from our guests. I do hope we can welcome you back again. Best wishes from the Travellers team............
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Food Was great. Hotel is on the beach.. not bad for the price... Reef for snorkelling just 200ft from the shore.. great location on seven mile beach... recommend blue hole and west end point for snorkelling.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are glad we met your expectations and do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.
Hamden, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a great time at Travellers! We spent three nights (7/25-7/28) with a Groupon we couldn't resist. The resort grounds are well kept and the staff is very friendly! The restaurant and bar offer meals and drinks at an affordable US standard. The menu caught me off guard a bit with the gourmet choices; I expected a more traditional selection, but venturing outside of the resort just a few minutes away by foot satisfied my authentic jerked cravings. Having stayed at Sandals last year we decided the "All-Inclusive Life" just wasn't for us. You don't get to experience much of Jamaica in those places and to me it's just a waste of money. Travellers had everything we needed for exactly 10% of the price we paid at Sandals. When we did dine at the restaurant the food was full of flavor, but the drinks could've used just a little bit more alcohol. ;) LOL. The Groupon included a free breakfast every morning that was simply delicious. The beach is its best in the morning, the water is crystal clear and blue, and the locals trying to sell you pot and beaded jewelry are fewer. For fun we taxi'd to Rick's Cafe to watch the sunset, went glass bottom boating right on the beach, and soaked up as much sun possible. We met the sweetest local vender by the name of Carver further right to the beach entrance of Travellers that made us feel right at home. Please check him out! My only advice to you is try venturing out of the resort in the day, explore the Seven Mile Beach, kindly dismiss the venders and locals trying to make some change off of you, visit Rick's Cafe to see what the hype's about, and talk to the girls at the front desk. Davian @ the front desk was my go to person for nearly everything, and you'll never find a security guard as sweet and humble as Oneil. We plan on going to Travellers again in the near future. It's what you make of it! Have fun!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are more private. A standard room is just fine for a couple looking for afforda...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review which I am sure will be helpful to many of our prospective guests when they are making their vacation choices (even though we only got three bubbles from you!!!). Of course when we get a three bubble score instead of four or five it only makes us try harder! We are pleased to hear we met your expectations. Travellers Beach Resort is ideal for those guests who want to explore and experience Jamaica. We are centrally located and our guests can simply walk along the beach, into the town, explore other bars and restaurants, go duty free shopping etc. without needing to venture very far or to take taxis everywhere. I do hope we can host you again very soon. Will be sure to pass on your compliments to Davion
Regards from the Travellers family.......
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had a great time, friendly staff, security guards on the beach to look after you. Very simple but great for the price. Pool with bar & water fall feature, however the whirlpool wasn't working at the time. Didn't pay much and didn't get as much from another more expensive or all inclusive. Restaurant seemed basic menu but good food. They take US dollars (and Credit cards), but give change in Jamaican Dollars so be prepared for conversions, my advise is to bring $5 bills.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the your review Frank. Travellers is a Jamaican owned company and over the last twenty years we try hard to provide a vacation that is both good value for money and also a resort where our guests feel safe and comfortable. We hope we can host you again. Best wishes from the Travellers team.......
bladwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Loved it! The staff was amazing. The food was great, which included a buffet style breakfast every morning!

The resort seems to be at the perfect location. Sitting right on the 7 mile beach and very close to the downtown area and all the clubs, bars etc.

The rooms were comfy with an airy feel. Carribean with a sort of modern twist.

I will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014
It is always nice to hear from a returning guest and to get a five bubble score the second time around. I am glad we met your expectations. We are, as you say, ideally situated for our guests to walk into town, along the beach etc. I do hope we can host you for the third time very soon....best wishes.......
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Travellers! I decided to go as a treat to myself as an early birthday gift and its the best gift ive ever bought myself! The staff were very wonderful and accommodating from the start. I purchased the living social deal and was able to call and set up my reservation and airport transport without any issue. When we arrived they were very welcoming and got us checked in right away, they even got us umbrellas since we arrived in the middle of a rain storm. Our room was nice and clean, we were on the second floor so the view from the balcony of the gardens was beautiful. Our deal came with daily breakfast and everyday I was impressed by the selection at the breakfast buffet. Each meal I ate at the resort was delicious but it was nice to have the option to eat out at a few local places. I saw some complaints about beach chairs and towels but I must say we didn't have an issue any day getting good chairs and towels to lay out with. The staff were super friendly during our stay, helping us set up excursions and keeping people away when we were relaxing on the beach, If nothing else it felt a little over protective but I appreciate their desire to look after their guest. I appreciate the fact that they had activities set up just about every night so we were able to grab a drink and enjoy time at the resort before going out and doing other nightlife things in the area. The only complaint (though very small) I would have is that we had issues with our toilet and light in the bathroom and one night it was extremely late when the issue happened and having to get fully dressed to walk to the desk since there are no phones in the rooms isn't ideal.

Room Tip: Second floor room was ideal!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
La Toya we do appreciate your kind comments. You seem to have captured the very best of Travellers in your review. Our team endeavours every day to provide a comfortable and safe environment for our guests. I do hope we will be able to welcome you home again very soon.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.

Been to Travellers Beach Resort? Share your experiences!