“Great for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Great for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had a great time, friendly staff, security guards on the beach to look after you. Very simple but great for the price. Pool with bar & water fall feature, however the whirlpool wasn't working at the time. Didn't pay much and didn't get as much from another more expensive or all inclusive. Restaurant seemed basic menu but good food. They take US dollars (and Credit cards), but give change in Jamaican Dollars so be prepared for conversions, my advise is to bring $5 bills.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for the your review Frank. Travellers is a Jamaican owned company and over the last twenty years we try hard to provide a vacation that is both good value for money and also a resort where our guests feel safe and comfortable. We hope we can host you again. Best wishes from the Travellers team.......

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
bladwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Loved it! The staff was amazing. The food was great, which included a buffet style breakfast every morning!

The resort seems to be at the perfect location. Sitting right on the 7 mile beach and very close to the downtown area and all the clubs, bars etc.

The rooms were comfy with an airy feel. Carribean with a sort of modern twist.

I will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014
It is always nice to hear from a returning guest and to get a five bubble score the second time around. I am glad we met your expectations. We are, as you say, ideally situated for our guests to walk into town, along the beach etc. I do hope we can host you for the third time very soon....best wishes.......
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Travellers! I decided to go as a treat to myself as an early birthday gift and its the best gift ive ever bought myself! The staff were very wonderful and accommodating from the start. I purchased the living social deal and was able to call and set up my reservation and airport transport without any issue. When we arrived they were very welcoming and got us checked in right away, they even got us umbrellas since we arrived in the middle of a rain storm. Our room was nice and clean, we were on the second floor so the view from the balcony of the gardens was beautiful. Our deal came with daily breakfast and everyday I was impressed by the selection at the breakfast buffet. Each meal I ate at the resort was delicious but it was nice to have the option to eat out at a few local places. I saw some complaints about beach chairs and towels but I must say we didn't have an issue any day getting good chairs and towels to lay out with. The staff were super friendly during our stay, helping us set up excursions and keeping people away when we were relaxing on the beach, If nothing else it felt a little over protective but I appreciate their desire to look after their guest. I appreciate the fact that they had activities set up just about every night so we were able to grab a drink and enjoy time at the resort before going out and doing other nightlife things in the area. The only complaint (though very small) I would have is that we had issues with our toilet and light in the bathroom and one night it was extremely late when the issue happened and having to get fully dressed to walk to the desk since there are no phones in the rooms isn't ideal.

Room Tip: Second floor room was ideal!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
La Toya we do appreciate your kind comments. You seem to have captured the very best of Travellers in your review. Our team endeavours every day to provide a comfortable and safe environment for our guests. I do hope we will be able to welcome you home again very soon.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wow! Is not even close to the wonderful stay I had at Traveler's three weeks ago. I have no idea why I had not stayed here before then. Moving forward this will be the resort I will stay. I loved my room #37, the staff was great, the activities was wonderful & the waiter at the restaurant was just fabulous!

Room Tip: Higher floors nice view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
What a great start to my day reading your review as I sit in our restaurant by the Caribbean Sea enjoying my Blue Mountain Coffee. Such a quiet and calm morning here today; the sea is like glass with a few early bird swimmers out there. Tough job I have right? Thank you for your kind words and our five bubble rating. We are so happy you found us and that we will be your hotel of choice when you return to Negril. Room 37 is one of our newly renovated standard category rooms. Guess it has your name on the door now! The entire Travellers family looks forward to welcoming you home again very soon. Best wishes.......and thank you again for your review.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Travellers Beach Resort is right on the beach. It has a great restaurant and the loveliest staff I’ve ever come across.
What makes this hotel so wonderful is the staff. When we arrived we were told our room was not ready. We decided to go to the hotel restaurant to eat while we waited. The manager, Howard led us to the restaurant and told us to enjoy ourselves, because dinner was on him. The restaurant served delicious Caribbean food overlooking the calm sea. What a great start to our stay!
This warm hospitality did not end there – the manager made us feel at home every single day we were there, and we noticed he treated all the guests the same way. The rest of the staff was just as kind and warm and helpful too. We felt like they were happy we were there, and they wanted us to have the best experience possible. I can’t wait to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments, much appreciated. I am glad myself and our team were able to make your stay enjoyable. I certainly enjoyed the opportunity to get to know you and look forward to seeing you next time you come home to Jamaica. Am sure once the Canadian winter takes hold you will be thinking of Travellers and the blue Caribbean Sea! Take care and see you soon....
Howard
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This review is long over due. I had my Wedding at the resort last November (2013) with 42 guests (including us), all staying at Travellers. Not a single person had 1 complaint, and everyone wanted to make it an annual tradition. I still repeatedly hear it was the best time of everyone's life. Everyone enjoyed the great things about Jamaica (sand, sun, etc) but at a place that made you feel at home. The staff was amazing and I can't say enough great things. They were very attentive in making me (the bride) feel that everything was under control a year before we even said our vows. We skype'd and emailed any time there was a question or thought, and they made all my requests possible. The wedding ceremony was perfect, and unfortunately immediately after the vows a long rain took over, completely washing out the reception. The staff took to action and within an hour had moved the entire show indoors without missing a beat. You would have never known it was supposed to be outside! I honestly cannot thank them enough for making our wedding the best day of our lives. Definitely going back!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Sadie what can we say? Thank you so much for your review. Your wedding was a blast for us all and a rain shower can't stop us!! It is very true that the planning of a wedding, particularly when you are overseas, is vital and I am pleased to hear you found us available at all times in the planning stages. All of us at Travellers are looking out for you and your husband and of course your family and friends to come back to see us - how about a first year anniversary party in November? We will have some great rates for you!
Again our thanks,

The Travellers family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you're expecting a five star hotel and service this is not for you. This is a place for travelers who wish to go on tours, mingle with the locals, enjoy the white sandy beach and also be able to walk around town without having to travel half hour by car. You have access to many tours and activities which we did many. We loved it! Felt safe the entire time. The staff and security were so wonderful. The head of security even drove us to some near by falls and was so knowledgable and passionate which made our experience much nicer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We enjoyed reading your review, thank you for taking the time to remember us. Travellers is a Jamaican owned resort and for twenty years we have provided a unique Jamaican experience on the 7 mile beach in Negril. We are within walking distance of the town, duty free, bars, restaurants and entertainment. We do hope we can welcome you home again as one of our many valued returning guests.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.........

Been to Travellers Beach Resort? Share your experiences!