“Love this place!!” 4 of 5 stars

35% Summer Savings!
Ranked #30 of 91 hotels in Negril
“Love this place!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed at Travellers four times in the last year and each time is the same. Friendly staff, decent rooms (bathrooms need updating), good food and drinks from the restaurant. The jamaican breakfast there is awesome, especially if you can be there for the buffet on Sunday mornings. I always enjoy karaoke nights and have even gotten close to getting up the nerve to perform! The one time that I did have an issue with a security guard, management was quick to correct it and compensated my party with free drinks. The location is also great, while it is not in the middle of the action, it is within walking distance to town and within walking distance of some great local restaurants on the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thanks for your review for for continuing to choose Travellers. Four times in one year!! We really appreciate you coming back. It's good to know that you've had a good experience each time that you've visited. Our Sunday morning buffet provides a variety of local Jamaican dishes as well as a few international options. Hopefully we'll get you up there to sing on Karaoke night next time :). I do apologize for any issue you may have had with security and i'm glad it was resolved quickly. We look forward to your next visit!

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Love this hotel staff were great rooms were clean bed comfortable,location so close to everything I have been to Jamaica many times and have stayed in other hotels in Negril but the Travellers I found to be the best will never stay anywhere else hope to be back again this Nov.The only problem there were the stray cats and I am highly allergic to cats,but I was given a room on the second floor,and if the cats were around one of the staff was more than happy to walk me to the beach

Room Tip: Ask for second floor if stray cats are still around
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for posting a review. We're happy to hear you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and extremely pleased that you rank us as the best hotel you've stayed at in Negril. The cat issue is for the most part non-existent now. We did have an issue, as do many hotels in Negril, but we've succesfully managed to resolve it in the most humane way possible. We look forward to seeing you in November!
Bronx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Choosing the best hotel while on vacation is a high priority to me. The hotel must be able to provide me with the ability explore, rests and relax, a feeling of convenience, safety and some extra/added value.

Explore: This hotel is walking distance or a cheap taxi ride to all the attractions: Margaritavile, Jungle, Ricks, Juicy-J and Sweet Spice. I didn’t get an opportunity to go, however I heard Negril Hills Golf Club and many more attractions, no matter what your interest are –is nearby, all you have to do is ask.

Rest and Relax: The beds are comfy; rooms are clean, pool and beach access and free Wi-Fi all over the facility.

Convenience: The hotel staff was very attentive, there’s a food market nearby to stock up on water and light snacks, they have live entertainment/jazz/karaoke near the bar (and the staff/performers are approachable and they engage the crowd), drinks are fairly price and again, I love to explore but with this hotel, there isn’t a need to because of the extraordinary entertainment they provide.

Safety: The hotel itself felt VERY secure, there’s night security that waves down the cabs he trust for you and he is there when you get back.

Added Value: I have traveled to different parts of the world, especially the Caribbean – with that said, all inclusive are ok, but I wouldn’t have been able to travel as much or enjoy my stays as much as I do, if I didn’t look for great options. This is a great hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I'm glad to hear that you loved your stay with us and that we are able to satisfy your all of your requirements for a great vacation. We definitely recommend getting out and exploring all that Negril and Jamaica has to offer. There are plenty of great attractions and restaurants in the area to try. Although of course i'd recommend visiting the hotel restaurant before exploring :). I'm pleased that you enjoyed the entertainment that we provide throughout the week. Feedback from visitors has helped us to grow over the years and continue to add more value for our guests. Thank you for your review and for recommending us. We hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I will give my full account of the room, customer service and anything else that I can offer that will help anyone that loves to travel as much as I do.

Travellers Resort is situated on the 7 mile beach strip in Negril and close by other well know resorts. I used a Groupon for this vacation and was given room #15 by the lobby listed as a superior room. The entire property has Wifi unfortunately my room did not. However, this by no means would allow me to rate the overall experience as an unpleasant one. I will say that for three consecutive days managers as well as the personable guest relations employee Tanisha were wonderful. They addressed my concerns and due to rain, my location, and other concerns I was unable to use Wifi services. This problem was resolved by either going to the lobby or bar area where signals were strong. My breakfast was included in the package I liked the fact that I wasn’t “locked” into the same thing each morning but given a menu to pick from daily. The servers were accommodating and respectful at all times. I highly suggest any omelet from the menu as well as natural fruit juice. I ate lunch/dinner here once and if you love seafood the coconut shrimp and conch burger are a MUST! The bar was always fully stocked and drinks were plentiful and not watered down.

I did utilize the pool and the beach is approximately 5 paces away from the dining area. They also have outlets there for cellphone charging as well as other devices which is a plus!
Also if you are staying here directly across the street you must try Fatty’s for food. Any meal purchased from brown stew chicken to steamed fish is not only economical but filling. I did not use the spa services via the resort but I was able to bring in someone from (Essential Care Spa) Sav La Mar close by to perform a massage in my room. If you are interested in those services please contact me via YouTube and comment with an email address.

My room consisted of two beds, a small kitchen area (fridge & microwave), large closet, flat screen TV as well as a hot plate. There was karaoke night as well as a managers reception with drinks and hors’ d’oeuvre. Directly across from the hotel are taxis that are willing to take you where you need to go at all times. I will suggest a driver who was respectful and accommodated during my stay here as well. In closing ,I would stay at Travellers Resort again because it was economical and the staff were available for any concern or assistance I needed. My linens were fresh, my room was cleaned daily. I will list below the drivers information, I used Clive's for airport which was very inexpensive $30 each way (single) my YouTube video of the room as well as pictures…Blessings

Driver: Andre's Taxi Service
Email: andrenegril@gmail.com
Tel: 1-876-580-4998/559-3730

Youtube video of the room link: http://youtu.be/ReZq7XneQSs

Room Tip: Room #15 is by the lobby but extremely quiet Attend all resort functions esp. when free drinks are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for choosing Travellers Beach Resort and for your in-depth review. We do have free wireless throughout the property and in all guests rooms. I apologize for the temporary downtime that we had in your section during your stay. We've recently replaced the faulty equipment that was affecting internet access. I'm glad our team was able to address your concerns in a satisfactory manner. You left some great tips that I'm sure will be appreciated by future visitors. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and that you would return.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I can't describe the beauty that you see your first time you go to breakfast! You can't help but pause and look at a distance to the ocean wow! Second your so close to town that you feel like you live there for the week. The people there are very friendly but just be careful at the ATM bring back up for assurance! My favorite was taking a walk down the beach and getting buzzed out then returning back and going out for some jerk chicken at 3 dives the best food in town and most affordable hands down !

• Stayed April 2013
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and found everyone to be friendly. We are fortunate to be in a great location that is within walking distance to the town and many daytime and night time activities. There is also an ATM at Time Square shopping mall which may be a closer walk and is probably the better option for our guests. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you back again in the future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We just returned from our first trip to Jamaica, and we certainly will be back! We found Travellers through Groupon, and we were a little nervous about staying at a hotel that we found through a deep discount website. I was immediately comforted when I called a week ahead of time to confirm my reservation and the woman on the phone was polite and professional. It was our anniversary, and when we checked in, the Director of Guest Services greeted us and took us to our room where a complimentary bottle of wine was chilling in an ice bucket and towel swans with flowers were on one of the beds!! After a long day of traveling, seeing how attentive and enthused the staff was to meet our needs and make us comfortable was wonderful.

We were treated so well by every person on staff; from housekeeping to the front desk, to the restaurant staff, and the security guards. Junior, the security guard on the beach, is awesome! He makes sure that everyone has a towel and chair, and keeps the local beach vendors moving so that the guests can experience the fun of purchasing (or not) from a vendor without feeling harassed. Romeo is one of the bartenders and waiters, and he is fantastic! The women that work at the bar during the day are amazing, too; they remembered your drink orders as soon as they saw you and it was ready before you even ordered! The breakfast was good, very carb-heavy for an American diet, so just make sure you are prepared! We had dinner at the restaurant our first night, and we were very pleased with the quality and taste of the food, as well as the price. Additionally, the staff was very helpful in calling to make dinner reservations and arranging for transportation. Make sure you drive with Andre!

The rooms each have a private balcony, which we used every evening to sit out and relax. The mosquitos do get pesky, so just be aware! The room itself was very clean and tidy; the sheets, towels, bedspreads, pillows, and shower curtain were all VERY clean (I could smell the bleach on the sheets and towels). The rooms are older, and that shows in the furniture and tub, but again, I can't emphasize enough that the cleanliness of the room made up for that, especially given the incredible value that we had gotten for our money. We found the bed very comfortable, and the temperature was perfectly regulated by a quiet and remote-controlled AC. There is a flat screen TV in every room, and we were able to watch US programming, like ESPN and CBS.

I have read reviews both positive and negative, and I have to say that I am sorry for those that had a bad experience, ours was vastly different. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, go to one. If you are looking for a very unique and authentically Jamaican experience, I highly recommend Travellers.

Room Tip: Opt for a second floor room, the balcony is more private. And let them know if it is a special occa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay. We are extremely pleased that your first trip to Jamaica was an enjoyable one, especially it being your honeymoon. We do our best to make occasions such as honeymoons, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries etc. as memorable and special as possible. I'm glad that you found all the staff to be helpful and friendly. Romeo is truly an amazing bartender who always keeps himself busy.

While many of our rooms are not yet up to date as you mentioned, we do pride ourselves on providing a clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests. We are also working hard to get all rooms updated by the end of the year.

Thanks for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you both again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would totally go back to this place. The location of this resort was perfect, at the west end of the beach, quiet and peaceful. The deck where you eat is ten feet from the water! The restaurant food is very good but the menu is limited. Yummy curry shrimp and escoveitched snapper! My daughter loved the fish fingers. I did think the prices were a bit expensive though.
The bartender was awesome! Great drinks! My daughter ordered the (virgin) miami vice more than once. I liked it too(non virgin):) Rum punch was good too. They make it w/real fruit.
Our room was small and basic, but clean. The ac was awesome. It was quiet and had a remote so you could easily adjust the temp. There was a TV w/cable, but no phone. There was also free WiFi!
The beach area was small, but nice, with some lounge chairs.
There is a salon on site where we had our nails done. They did a good job.
The weight room, in my opinion, wasn't great. Just one broken down treadmill and some free weights. With no ac.
The pool was really nice. We enjoyed it a lot.
I also want to give a shout out to our waiter from our first night, Leroy. After my daughter had a meltdown (from lack of sleep) he was so sweet and understanding. He even delivered our meals to our room. Now that's service! After just arriving in a different country, it really meant a lot to me to feel welcomed and taken care of. Thanks Leroy, great job!

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for your review! We are indeed blessed with a great location that is walking distance from the town center, shopping malls, and many other great restaurants. I'm glad you enjoyed the restaurant food and drinks at the bar. We appreciate your feedback regarding the price and menu options and will certainly take this into account when we revise the menu. Just as a tip for future guests, room sizes and amenities are directly related to the room type. Standard being the smallest and most basic followed by the superior rooms which are larger with flat screen t.v/s and safes. The Deluxe rooms are even larger with either a king or 2 double beds. All rooms have free WiFi but no phones. We are currently considering an option that uses wireless devises as opposed to phones.

The gym is a work in progress so I do apologize for not having this up to the standard we'd like to provide for our guests. Hopefully on your next visit that will be in better shape. Thanks for shouting out Leroy; we were all very happy to read about how he handled the situation with your daughter. He is a relatively new member of the Travellers family and has truly been doing an outstanding job. Thanks again for your review and we're looking forward to your return!

Been to Travellers Beach Resort? Share your experiences!