“Great Time at Traveller's Beach Resort:” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
40% Summer Savings!
Ranked #24 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Time at Traveller's Beach Resort:”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Bought a Groupon for Traveler's and checked all of the reviews which basically said that the resort is not fancy but that it's clean, quiet and that the people are nice! Well, I paid a budget price and got exactly what I were looking for. My room was a superior room with a balcony and it was clean and comfortable. I loved having the balcony!

The room was very basic with no telephone, and no hair dryer, so definitely bring your own if you need one. This was a problem for me as I didn't know in advance, but they do have a couple of extra hair dryers that they loan out, but you have to go to the front desk and hope that there's one available. Had I known, I just would have brought my own, so I will know for next time.

It was nice to have the onsite restaurant and the bar made amazing drinks! The resort is right on the beach and there are restrooms as part of the restaurant so it's all right there and super easy. There are lots of restaurants and places to eat that are a quick walk on the beach away. My favorite was called, " Kuyaba" and it was about a 3-5 minute walk on the beach. They had a lot of things to pick from and the most delicious peanut butter pie for dessert. My friend and I went back on another night just to get the pie. There is also a BBQ place called Bar B Barn which was really good too. Again a short walk on the beach. The only thing is that they do NOT recommend walking on the beach at night, so for $1 you can get a cab to take you back! It was so easy!

One night we took a cab for $8 to Rick's which is a great place to watch the sunselt and enjoy some yummy drinks. They also do cliff diving there which was fun to watch!

Lastly, the family that owns the resort are super nice. They make a point to remember your name and really made the experience personal. My friend and I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony. Some people like the patios better, but I liked being on the sec...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Travelers, the staff was great, front desk Ullian, Davidson, Nickerisha and Kelly were efficient and very helpful. Hotel could use some upgrade like a phone! It might not have had all the amenities of the fancy hotels but we had a great time. The food was authentic and very tasty. We campaigned for the pool bar to be opened so hopefully when we go back we can enjoy especially since it also has a waterfall! Palmer the security guard was also very helpful and the gardener promise to save me mangoes! Love it!

Room Tip: second floor above the entrance! great view!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm usually not the type to log in and review restaurants or hotels afterwards but I felt compelled to after my stay at Travellers.

This place provides outstanding comfort that won't break your wallet. My girlfriend and I realized going in that this would not be like the all-inclusive, luxurious resort experience at Palladium or Riu. However, we were pleasantly treated to a fantastic stay thanks to the excellent staff, delicious food, beautiful beach, and clean pool.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful to your any need. The restaurant has excellent food and we ate there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner over the course of our 4 night stay. The beach was small but intimate and the sand was very soft. Because there were not many people at the time we stayed there, it almost felt like we had the beach to ourselves. If you want a true getaway, this is the place. The water was warm and nearly transparent. You can walk down and along the beach to check out some of the other restaurants and bars.

Some of our favorite memories from the trip were simply sitting on our balcony (with a lovely view) with a nice drink and smoke, enjoying the sun setting with a cool breeze. We always felt "at home" at Travellers. Their patio on the beach is wonderful and we would spend time relaxing, eating good food, and enjoying the view of the beach.

Some tips for any future visitors:
-If you ever want to purchase any goods on the beach, always try and haggle (the locals are accustomed to it and begin with charging high tourist prices).
-If you want to go snorkeling on one of the glass bottom boats, you can go for $15 a person if you are in a big group. If it's just 2 of you, don't be surprised if you are charged $50 a person, but do try and bring that price down. Don't forget the power of saying "no" and walking away. Better offers will come.
-Look for "2 for 1" deals on the beach for Pina Coladas. SO GOOD.

We'll never forget our trip to Travellers Beach Resort in Negril. Highly recommended for anyone, especially couples, that want a true getaway for a very good price.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms offer more privacy. Try to get a balcony facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a great time at Travellers. We booked through Groupon as a last minute getaway and it was easy to get reservations.

Everyone who has reviewed said the hotel is undergoing renovations, we peeked in one of the renovated rooms and they look fantastic. We got one of the un-renovated rooms but it still satisfied our needs. The a/c and fan kept the room cold, there were a lot of tv channels, and the front porch got a lot of use. There was plenty of room for our stuff and it was always clean no matter how much sand we tracked in with us (sorry about that)

The bar and restaurant was great. The staff was very friendly, the drinks cold and delicious. We were provided breakfast every morning and it was always very filling, one morning was a Jamaican buffet and it was nice to have some local cuisine. We had dinner there one night and the meal (we both had shrimp dishes) was fantastic. I absolutely love the restaurant porch, it had a beautiful view in the morning and at night was lit up and made it very special and romantic. We caught the sunset one night and it was incredible, the sun disappearing right in front of us.

There was entertainment 3 of the 4 nights we were there but we never it made it out. Hopefully next time!!

The beach area was great, the beach chairs had cup holders (sometimes it's the small things that make a difference) and there were always enough for everyone. There was a shady side and sunny side to meet everyone's preference. They also provide beach towels so you do not need to use suitcase space to pack your own.

The location of the hotel is awesome. It's right on Seven Mile Beach so you basically roll out of bed and onto the most beautiful beach. The locals are always walking by and it's nice to chat and get a bit of culture. It's a short walk to the city center and close to the West End so the location makes it easy to see everything Negril has to offer.

The lobby staff was extremely helpful with any of our needs, we wanted to book a catamaran tour, we could ask about cab fare, exchange currency, use the phone. They were more than willing to assist us if needed. Kenneth, was always out front and could take you anywhere and was very reliable.

We felt very safe and comfortable and were very pleased with the laid back ambience the hotel encouraged, it was a place you could truly relax and all of the guests maintained that relaxed attitude.

We hope to stay at Traveller's on our next visit to Negril!! Thank you so much for an incredible stay.

Atlanta ,GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What can I say about travelers besides how wonderful the staff is and how amazing it was to wake up so close to the beautiful Caribbean sea.. I've been twice and each time it just gets better .
The breakfast is amazing very authentic I was a little sad that the dinner menu had very little authentic Jamaican food.. No oxtails ,curry goat my fav, no curry chicken , I was a little sad that I had to get dinner else where but hopefully on my next visit the dinner menu will be better.

Room Tip: Superior Room is great way to go ,lots of space ...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

One of the best place to vacate,Great food,Great Staff,the beach was excellent nice clean environment, great friendly staff member, enjoyable entertainment.close to all night life entertainment and a great 7mile beach

• Stayed April 2013
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The stay was incredible! Great food, hospitality and truly a family friendly resort.We stayed at the resort from 4/27/13-5/2/13 and our only regret is that we didn't stay longer. The food was incredible, so much so that we ate every meal there- which is hard to find at resorts since we are locals. My husband and I were lucky enough to have our wedding there and the service was phenomenal. You will truly feel like family. We fell in love with the blended fruit punch and so did our son. We plan to have our honeymoon and several other family functions there before the end of the year. We love Travellers!!!

Room Tip: The one bedroom king suite was very spacious and quiet. Try to get a corner one on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Travellers Beach Resort? Share your experiences!