“All inclusive.....NOT SURE” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“All inclusive.....NOT SURE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Went twice...as if once was not enough...and went solo...first time I arrived at 11 pm...only to find that they were surprised I had booked with them...funny I felt like an old aunt that keeps dropping in on family un-expectantly. Was told they did not have a room for me and were advised that I would camp out in the gate cabana until they found one....1/2 hour after I was in my room and was told that I was lucky that the air condition worked at the same time as the television...hummm security then handed me the two converter (one for the AC and the other for the television) at that time I made a mental note to bring them scotch tape if I ever went back as this was adorn on both converters.....next morning OMG WHAT A BEACH...but there was no tourist in the restaurant.....again got the "oh no aunty is here" look from staff...overlooked the menu (please keep in mind that I had paid 'all inclusive) only to get a head shake (no) from my waiter.....so after 4 "no we don't have" and thinking this is like MOM's kitchen "you eat what you are given otherwise...." I requested "then just surprise me"....on that same day I found out that I was the only traveler that was "all inclusive" and that the two other were not. Yep....resort of 30 some rooms and only 3 sold....OMG....and as you can see I am pretty easy going and look for the good in all experience......BUT THE STAFF WAS WONDERFUL...and I felt so sorry for them to have to deal with this crap ......I went and bought goods for the kitchen ...believe or not....so that I could get food........I NEVER SHOULD OF BEEN SOLD AN ALL INCLUSIVE for this resort and I did advise my agent of this.....and by his response...I decided I would no longer deal with his agency.......NOW LETS TALK ABOUT MY SECOND STAY......yep did it again.....but was pleasantly surprised.....this in only 6 months after the first one....and the resort was fully booked...but again....ran out of ice...ran out of rum....ran out of stuff...and at meal time you needed to be there on time other wise.....sorry we ran out....BOTH VISIT could not of asked more from the staff.....but so wanted to meet the manager/owner ...but never to be seen.....BUT THIS RESORT IS ON THE BEST PART OF NEGRIL BEACH....with a little LOVE AND CARE....this could place could go from a -2...to a 4 star....cause no matter how clean the room is if you cannot provide for you guest the basic of "all inclusive" you should not sell "all inclusive"

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Dover, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

so we paid extra for the all-inclusive and this place is not all-inclusive especially the bar which is very limited. They ran out of alcohol on a daily basis and take days to get it in again. They do not keep anything stocked. they have a swim up bar at the pool looks nice but those drinks are not part of the all-inclusive and they are overpriced. You can go to a rum bar right off property and get a better drink for cheaper price. After the first couple a days of drinking Pepsi on the third day I asked for a glass and he wanted me to pay two dollars for a bottle of Pepsi. Their food is always the same day after day. And if you are not there is soon as it comes out of the kitchen. The cold is warm and the hot is cold. If you get it right away. It does have a decent flavor, but after eating the same food day after day. It's boring. They need to have a more variety of the menu, oh await they do, but you have to pay extra for it.this placed nickels and dimes you to death. The room was okay if you don't mind sharing it with thousands of ants and the only give you sheets on the bed. no blankets. the personnel there, are not bad, but they can only do what the bosses allowed. you would be better off not doing the inclusive and just go outside of the property where they have plenty of places to eat and drink at a reasonable price. they say they have free Wi-Fi but unless you are in just the right spot, it doesn't work. And even if you get a signal. It's still in and out and not a very strong signal.Our first two days, there they wasted. They sent us to a different hotel the first day they said to call them the next morning after breakfast and someone would come get us. After an hour and a half wait, someone finally showed up when we got there they put us in one room. Just come back and make us move to another. So all the time I could have been on the beach was wasted because they were playing room shuffled.needless to say I will never return to this place again. This was my fourth trip to Jamaica and the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: if you pay extra for a beach view that just means you on the second floor. You don't see the bea...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself my brother & sister stayed here in April 2014 18th-23rd we had an amazing time, the staff were fantastic, the food was great, the beach is out of this world, our room was basic but clean, exactly what we wanted, good wifi all over the hotel & on the beach, we loved it so much we are returning again in April again, can't wait yo see you all! The Lewington family :)

• Stayed April 2014
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We didn't stay at Fun Holiday on an all inclusive package...so with that being said...the location was good on the beach right in the middle...it's right across the street from Montana's Restaurant...close enough to town and other attractions...the staff was very friendly...rooms were clean...the only thing that bothered us was, they had problems keeping beer on hand which we had to go down the street to load up or just next door on the beach,no real big issue...the price was decent for a two week stay...will definitely consider this place when we return.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this beautiful resort on Dec 8-15,2014. The office staff, Marion and all were very friendly and helpful. Calvin, and the entire Ktchen staff - Nadia, (special Thx for the Rum Cake)2'chef boys, servers Loi, Sharlene, Mona and the remaining girls were all excellent in their services to us at all times. The food was DELICIOUS. Always look forward for their tasty meals. Garry and the Boys in the bar were great entertainers and expert in drink mixing etc. I enjoyed their Virgin Mix.The beautiful sandy beach was safe,convenient and well kept. The resort was like a Big Family gathering with guests and staff mingled very good. Enjoyed playing dominoes game.
We will definitely recommend to our friends and family, also will definitely visit again.
We walked half an hour on the beach to the town of Negril. Visited/shopped at many stores and outlets. Weather was superb - always SUNNY during our visit. Specail Thx to all staff at the resort. Keep up the good works! See ya later!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor with Verandah and loved it. Ofcourse, the main fl looked great too. Ver...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Welland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great experience overall. However, there was a lot of heckling on the beach which became annoying @ times. There were no jetskies available as highlighted on the resorts website. The resort seem to lack alcohol, this is the owners responsibility. The staff were great they really tried and put forth a good effort to make sure our trip was great. Yoshi, Gary and Sharice are awesome.

Lots of activities in Negril and the surrounding area, ganja plantations, parasailing, cruises, Booby Cay lobster grill, Captain Moses and Captain Spongebob, Captain Quality, Ninja & Rasta Bob, one love to all!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We got daiquiris and coconut lobster. The advertised 2 for 1 daiquiri isn't actually 2 daiquiris for $4 (cost of one drink) but it's $6, similarly the 2 for 1 lobster deal isn't really $21 (cost of 1 lobster) but $32. Odd but still pretty good pricing. If you eat/drink there you can lay out on their lounge chairs on the beach. Wifi is better closer the restaurant/hotel, the signal is really weak on the beach out front.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Fun Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!