“Great value + Great staff = Perfect stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #60 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Montreal, Canada
“Great value + Great staff = Perfect stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I just returned from FHB. Upon my arrival check-in was done promptly. The room was basic and clean. A/C worked perfectly and hot water was available without any problems during my stay. FHB is located perfectly on the beach. Almost in the middle of the famous 7 mile beach. The food was delicious. What made my stay most enjoyable is the staff. Specially everyone at the reception and Milton, the manager. Milton will make sure you have the perfect stay and will go out of his way to make sure you are satisfied and pleased with everything. I strongly recommend this place for a low cost stay on the island. FHB, Milton, thank you for making my stay perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I just returned 2 days ago. everything was perfect. ac beds food staff location all wonderful. free room upgrade because ours wasnt ready. nice drive to and from airport. manager always made sure we were good and even gave us food to take to the airport. if u want a nice room dont bother going. cleanliness was all i cared about and it was clean. i didnt go to Jamaica to stay in my room. please tip staff as they soooo deserve it! reception staff was wonderful. beach absolutely beautiful. pool and hot tub cleaned daily. Loved it and will return in August!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Pro's:
Best beach in the world, clean rooms, safe environment, great staff, wireless internet.

The Con's:
Swim-up bar is cash only, all-inclusive bar closes at 10:00pm, not near enough beach loungers (approx. 9 or 10 for 42 rooms), safe is $4/day, fridge is $4/day, pretty much the same food everyday.

All in all, it was just what I expected. Just like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.
We had lunch and dinner outside the hotel several times. So much for the budget.
Thanks to everyone we met, especially Grant for the photography tips and everything else.

Room Tip: All rooms are very close to the beach. Try not to get a lower room right in front of the pool if you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nova Scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were terrible...our a/c didn't work the whole week we were there...beach has only a few feet of sand. The food was awful and lacked variety...the bar often ran out of drinks. The pool was dirty, very cloudy. There weren't a lot of people staying there. We expected a party place but we were the only ones partying. My teen children were shocked at how awful this place was. We're embarrasses to say we were here at all. Do not stay here! Not worth the money we spent staying here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this resort 4 times. I owe it to the wonderful people who work at this resort and consistently go out of their way to make your stay a great experience to write a well-earned & deserving review every time. They truly treat you like you are at home & as part of the family. The fact that I have gone back to this resort is a testament of my overall experience. I am also writing this as I find some of the negative reviews simply unfair.
The property has a great location on a great beach close to everything imaginable both beach & road side. Rooms are spacious, clean & basic. There's AC & basic TV. The TV package has all the essentials covering news, sports & movies. They even have CBC & CityTV if you fancy some CDN content. For Quebecers there’s TV5 for French content. I find that all room amenities, although basic, just suit me when on vacation as I am either out & about or just sleeping/resting when back in the room. I also find the food fantastic. It has variety, is fresh & has local representation. The callaloo, Festival and all the Curries are simply delicious.
Yes the bar closes at 10 pm. Which is great really as the resort is basically quiet & a great place to rest. I find that I always go out for entertainment in the area anyways [bars, concerts, dining etc]. And frankly when I come back, I want to go back somewhere quiet so I can rest [just like I want it at home...]. I generally avoid round-the-clock & rowdy resorts anyways as, like I say, when back from a good night of partying, I want a clean, cool room in a quiet place so I can rest.
There’s free wifi all over the resort except the rooms. You’ll have to come on the balcony to get connected.
Also, I have partied with a few guests on each of my 3 stays over the last year-&-half past 10 in the bar and resto area. As long as we were mindful of all the other guests the security and overall staff allow you to drink your own alcohol and stay as long as you want.
Everyone working at this resort is great. Latoya, Marianne & Kimberly at the front desk are simply fantastic. As always I feel safe & at home at once with Lawrence, Ms Ritchie & O'Neill[security]. Nyron,Collin, kalil & nadisha at the bar/resto area are constantly making sure you have everything and your glass is full. Master chef Wayne although in the kitchen, always come out & personalize your experience in the resto. They always smile and remember your favorites and add a sweet and friendly touch to breaky, lunch & dinner. And Jennifer et al in housekeeping make sure your room is clean and cool when you get back in. She is simply amazing. Everyone at this resort makes an honest attempt to get to know you in order to make a lasting impression on you.
On this trip, I also did an excursion to Mayfield Fusing Mr. Fix-it’s tour service which included George as our driver. They are registered at the resort and take care of you like family.
Sorry for this belated review. Every single one of my stays deserved a review of this kind.
I will always go back to this resort for the staff, value & the overall great experience.

Stayed March/April 2013, travelled solo

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a well run down place toilet over flowed most days into hallway , water was turned off unless asked ,ac never worked properly , linen worn out and was lucky to get towels at 8pm at night when asking at reception .The only thing going for this place is the location .We both had a skin allergy from this room and was glad to get out , its ashame a little amount of money spent would put this place to right i have been going to negril for yrs and definitely not going back here...........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

3 stars is a stretch but staff very friendly, nice beach, and all inclusive food was alright. if you need a cheap hotel this is it. Rooms/property didn't look like internet photos, room is old, bathroom beaten up, and ants everywhere in my room. Wi-Fi is only accessible near the front and not in all room. staff beach, food made up for everything else, kinda, little ants in my bed hard to manage.

Room Tip: rooms closest to beach could be noisy when live entertainment playing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
Travellers Beach Resort
Travellers Beach Resort
#25 of 90 in Negril
4.5 of 5 stars 682 reviews

Been to Fun Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!