“if u want a boring vacation come to this resort” 1 of 5 stars

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #61 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Jamaica
“if u want a boring vacation come to this resort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

my first time to this resort and the first thing that changes my mind is when i was checking in at the office and how it was situated.frist thing there is no bell man to carry your luggage to your room,secondly when i entered the room there was only two towels in the room no wash rags no hand towels and no bath mat in room. so we went down back to the front office and let them know and she said she is going to bring them to the room and i waited for about three{3} hours and still did not get them and i had to go down there to her to get the towels and she didn't even appoligised for the towels.and also air condition was not working properly in room, no blanket on bed, no telephone and everything u have to pay for eg. coffee maker, fridge and alot more .on my second day of vacaction the housekeeper clean d room and left no towels inside the room and up until the third day we have not receive any towels.if i didnot take a rag from home i would have to use my underware to bath and dry my skin . their is alot more to say but i think this is good enough for u people. if u want to waste your money come to this resort.

Room Tip: choose rooms on the west side of the hotel they are upgraded.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Phillipsburg, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

As I said in my first review of Fun Holiday - If you are looking for an "Americanized" Sandals type "foo foo" vacation - then don't go to Fun Holiday. If you are looking for an opportunity to meet WONDERFUL people, enjoy great Jamaican food and a fantastic beach, with a clean, well kept basic room, THIS IS YOUR PLACE!

My wife and I just celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary with a renewal of our vows - we left right after that for our favorite spot in all the world (other than home) - Negril - We just returned from 9 days with the fantastic people at Fun Holiday. We relaxed, celebrated, enjoyed the beach, ate WAY too much, and had a marvelous time! Marian greeted us on arrival, from there we saw our friends Robert (best Jerk on the beach :-) ) Wayne (chef extraordinaire) Narron and Collin (mixologists) Richard, Shane & Richie (security) Richard (our great grounds keeper and all around handy man!) Odette (cashier and just a sweet person!) Ninja (keeper of the watta activiteis) and Jenna (the lady who braids with precision!)

We saw our dear friends Ms. Gem "and a fruit" - and Neville who makes the BEST patties on the beach - Oh and lest I forget Captain Moses!

They say "you get what you pay for".. That isn't really true of Fun Holiday - There you get MUCH more than you paid for! As is often said on the Negril Message Board (http://negril.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/2-Negril-Message-Board) - BOOK - PACK - GO!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stay in the "D" rooms - upper floor across from the office.. We like an upstairs room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Fun Holiday in negril, my first time was a short stay.
Check-in was fast and easy, had help with my bags to my room.
The property is well kept with friendly and helpful staff, you feel right at home.
Food is great rooms are clean with lots of hot water.Security is on duty 24hr a day.
Located right on the beach with a nice clean pool, they also have an all inclusive plan.
There are plenty of restaurants shops and clubs nearby.
My second stay was even better than the first, will go back for sure.
If you plan to visit negril, stay at the Fun Holiday!!! 876-957-9688

Dean Morgan

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have a great ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Somerset, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My first time to Jamaica and first time at Fun Holiday Beach Resort. AMAZING Staff... so friendly and helpful. Clean rooms, good food, great price and again SOOOO FRIENDLY and Helpful. I left the island feeling I had friends to come back to see some day!!!!!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

You're welcomed to Fun Holiday by friendly staff. They make you feel like a VIP guest. I was greeted everyday by staff by my name, which makes you feel special and get the personal attention unlike the large resorts where you're just a guest among hundreds of others. You will feel safe, security always on duty. Even during the hurricane, staff stayed overnight to accommodate, secure your safety and provided emergency necessities during the storm. Friendly house keeping, willing to provide any needs. Always looked forward to seeing my housekeeper with her big smile. Great servers, unlike reading previous reviews of staff being rude, I haven't encountered any of it.

Excellent location! Directly on the Seven Mile beach. Beautiful beach, view and sunshine. This hotel is in the centre of Negril's attractions. Short taxi rides to town, westend to the cliffs or Rick's, Margaritaville and shopping. Short walking distance to Jungle, local restaurants and road side jerk.

There is a restaurant on site. You can get some great fried fish and excellent jerk chicken (don't forget the "magic" sauce!) If you don't see what you like, the staff will accommodate. I wanted dumplings, yams, banana, ackee and salt fish for breakfast and next moring I got it!

Rooms are very clean, many satelite channels on tv, hot water never runs out and the AC keeps you cool and comfortable. You can keep connected with family and friends back home or resume work/business with available wi-fi. If you need anything, just ask.

Fun Holiday is home away from home. You're always welcomed home!

Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the day of check-in we received a warm friendly reception from Kadie and staff at the front desk. Our all inclusive meal was tasty and the chef was very accommodating, in that I don't eat meat but my husdand does. My husband bought fresh fish for me, gave it to the chef, who made it fried or steamed. The bar attendant Nihran and crew, Andre, Odette, Kimone nuff respect. Omg, how can I forget to mention the owner, Mr. Vernon, he went above and beyond to make sure our stay was pleasant. Last and not least the cleaning crew a job done well! It was indeed a Fun Holiday on our 14th wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: Garden view best location
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The majority of the staff was friendly and helpful. The cook was very rude, we ate there once in ten days. We were actually afraid to because of his attitude. The cleaning staff was awesome. The place was very clean, inside and outside. The security was friendly and helpful. Ninja was the best, he helped us find excursions, or anything else we needed at a discount. I would go back and stay there. The beach was incredible. crystal clear and, warm as bathtub water.you could walk out pretty far and still be standing up. Snorkeling from shore is at a minimum, very few fish were ever seen.
The sunsets were also unbelievable.. We felt safe here. We left valuables in the room with no issues.We went low season, so there were no lines and plenty of space to just chill on the beach. If you are on a budget, this is the place to go..

Room Tip: Do not pay for ocean view as all the rooms have about the same view, From the balcony you can see th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fun Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!