“I will come back again and bring my favourite people here to share this Nirvana.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nirvana on the Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Nirvana on the Beach
You added Nirvana on the Beach to your Saves list
Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #5 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This place IS truly what it is called!!!

It was the best place we've ever been on vacation! Seriously! And I've been to places all around the world. I would go back in a heartbeat if I didn't have responsibilities back at home.
We love our home in Canada, but we didn't want leave this resort to go back to reality so soon. The people who work at this paradise are such lovely people. All of them! We felt so safe there. And even when we left the resort to stroll along the beach for hours at a time, we felt sure that our belongings were safe too.
We will definitely be saving up to come back and hopefully bring our extended families to share Nirvana with us.

Also, we met some lovely people who were also vacationing here while we were... You know who you are... Thanks for the memories :).

What a great place for friends, couples and or family equally.

Thank you so much for everything. It was exactly what we needed!
Jaime, Mike, and Samara

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Buenos Aireas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great stay at Nirvana (party of 4 at cottage 5), let me just say all the reviews are accurate, the place is incredible, the staff is super friendly, the atmosphere is awesome. We did walk a lot on the beach and every time we got back to Nirvana we repeated the same "we choose the perfect spot". Jamaican on the beach were friendly and not annoying, grab fresh fruit, orange juice an coconut bread for perfect day at the beach. Respect!.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and our two children (ages 5 and 3), recently spent a week at Nirvana. It was the best vacation we have ever had! The staff at Nirvana are just wonderful, and we were truly sad to sad goodbye at the end of our week. Shine and Errol were so helpful and kind, and so sweet to the kids. Everyone in our house is still talking about them! Sandra was always checking in to make sure everything was okay, and was always a presence if anything was needed. The grounds/beach at Nirvana are kept up just beautifully, as the staff are working on them daily. We could not have asked for a more relaxing stay! Thanks so much to everyone at Nirvana...we are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Recently my wife, some friends, and I stayed at NIRVANA. I will start by saying we will never stay anywhere else. The staff was amazing from the management to the grounds people to the security guards. Sandra and Jackson are the best. Erro, Shine, Kevin, Ramone were 4 of the security guards I met, sorry if I've left any of you out but these guys are what makes NIRVANA. I felt comfortable with my wife on the beach anytime of the day or night because these guys take care of business. I cannot stress how important the guards are to this property. I mean staying in a place with no windows and never once was I worried about anyone bothering us. The beach is amazing and they take great PRIDE in the property every morning they combed the beach, cleaned the leaves, etc. It was unbelievable the small things they did to make the place nice. The cleaning ladies were great as well. If you are planning on going to Negril and you do not know where you are staying you have to throw Nirvana in the mix. It was the most relaxing 7 days of my life.

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay at Nivana from Mar 21-28. This was the first time we had NOT stayed at an all-inclusive resort, and did not know exactly what to expect despite the rave reviews.
Arrangements had been made ahead of time for a private pick up at the airport and our driver, Leon, was there waiting as promised. After a stop for supplies, we were on our way. We arrived after dark and were assisted by Patrick from night security, to get settled. We met Sandra & Zemroy the next day, who checked to see if we were doing ok. Our room - upper verandah suite - was equipped with only a hot plate so the housekeepers were unable to cook meals for us, but did make us fresh squeezed orange juice with the bag of oranges we purchased on our first day. The ladies quickly & efficiently cleaned & tidied our room! Even washed a couple of our beach towels upon request, no problem! We LOVED our outdoor shower! Would have liked a bigger room safe. The groundskeepers/gardeners (Moses & his team) did a beautiful job of keeping the property beautiful and the beach area/sand pristine. The day (Errol) & night security (Shine/Patrick) (I apologize for not remembering everyones names) a fantastic job of making us feel safe & secure. Errol placed our chairs for us every morning in a perfect spot providing both sun & shade.
We tried food from a lot of the vendors that came by, fruit, jerk pork, patties, baking & coco bread with cheese. All delicious! Make sure to barter! Tried a couple of restaurants close by. We don't recommend The Boat Bar. Wanted to have a sit down meal, but were approached by a local who had no intention of leaving & was not moved along by the staff, we finally asked for our meal to go because we were uncomfortable and STILL the staff did nothing. Chances has really good pizza.
We did not miss having a tv for a week. There was a radio/cd player with iPod dock so we had music/Internet radio.
The water is clear & normally quite clam. We watched 2 or 3 stingrays swim through every day.
Would we stay again? Definitely! Would we recommend the property to others? Absolutely! Keeping in mind that is not polished marble by any means, but it IS neat, tidy & clean! On the beach, you are not elbow to elbow with other guests in their chairs, plenty of beach space & chairs. Very private & relaxing!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a group of six and we stayed in cottage #2. The cottage had 3 bedrooms an inside bathroom and an outside bathroom. We stayed 7 days and it was too short! We did not want to leave. Nirvana was purely paradise. The staff was extremely cool and helpful. We did worry about adjusting to the weather because there was no a/c in the cottage but it was not a problem. We tend to get hot very easily but, by the second night we got a little chilly. The entire stay was perfect. We will be returning. I've read some reviews on here complaining about the noise level of the road from cottage 1 & 2... and I have to say, its not as bad as these people make out. Just close the windows and crank the fans and you should sleep just fine. And to Zemroy, Sandy, Leon, Arrow, and Shine... We miss you and we'll see you again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife, a few friends and I stayed at Nirvana for a week recently. It was perfect. The beach is amazing, the rooms are fantastic. The people are the best. Sandra and Zemroy and the others made sure we had everything we needed and were great. No complaints at all. There's no TVs and phones at Nirvana, FYI, which is perfect. What do you need those for anyway? Get yourself outside! On the weekends there are loud bands down the beach that play well into the night. It didn't bother me, because I love reggae but I could hear the bass. But really it was just an amazing experience. A+++++++

Room Tip: Room #4 is a good one.