“Spectacular views, great rooms & super awesome owner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moonlight Villa Seaside Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Moonlight Villa Seaside Resort
You added Moonlight Villa Seaside Resort to your Saves list
West End Rd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #9 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Negril
Nanaimo, Canada
“Spectacular views, great rooms & super awesome owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Moonlight Villa is situated on the cliffs of Negril. The property is very well protected by the guard dogs and other security measures. Debbie ~ the owner/operator is just an amazing woman, not only does she do a great job at running her villa she is also very involved in the community of Negril.

If you want to spend a little time relaxing and swimming right off the cliffs, Moonlight Villa IS the place to be!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Caledonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Oh what a strange trip we had! We both arrived sick with the flu and, following a natural lifestyle, needed some local help. Debbie quickly swung into action, hooking us up with the right people to cure what ailed us. Later in the week, there was a sprained ankle... again, Debbie to the rescue. Without her aid, we would have had a pretty miserable trip, as we only had a couple of days we were well.

The villa is well equipped with everything we needed. The service was fantastic, from the amazing maid service, to Omar and Kwako being available for help with anything else we needed. Looking for a good restaurant? Ask Debbie! Want to get set up for a great excursion? Ask Debbie! Want to go out for a night of entertainment and local connection? Ask Debbie!

Everything she suggested was amazing, and we will definitely go back! We felt supported, loved and respected! What could have been a disastrous trip, turned out to be full of many wonderful surprises! Thank you Debbie, for being the ultimate hostess!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Once you go, you know! We love staying at Moonlight villa. we go there yearly and feel like family when we are there. Debbie and the dogs are like an extension of our family. You will receive the warmest hospitality you won't get anywhere else. It's a clean, comfortable and cozy villa on the cliffs. So much better than the big box resorts where you never get to know people. Here you get to meet new people and have a chance to get to know them. We return yearly and have made some great friends that we see every year. It's our home away from home. Our family in negril!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Four girlfriends wanted a winter getaway and this was a great spot to check in to. Let me start off by staying that Moonlight came highly recommended to me by Canadian Blues Artist, Miss Robin Banks, who makes Jamaica her musical home all winter. Now, I see why because it was a truly great referral. We are normally all inclusive type of travelers but I really enjoyed the feel of this vacation. I would do this again.

Debbie Lightheart, our most gracious hostess, along with her beautiful puppies, made us feel welcome and safe right from the start. The villa is spacious, CLEAN and comfortable with spectacular views of the oean. Her staff are great people and our rooms had everything we needed for our 9 day stay, Loved the fridge and coffee maker. All the other guests were really nice people and welcomed us with recommendation and tips for our stay. Caesar Monday was a nice way to sit down with everyone and just talk. It was an overall great experience. We gathered nightly to watch the gorgeous sunsets. I loved the laid back and peaceful feeling.

Across the street there is the smallest little market that carries EVERYTHING. So convenient to run over there to grab some things for munching and drinking. Also, we had the pleasure of eating the chicken prepared by Tony who has a barbeque across the road. $5 for a huge plate of 1/4 chicken in pumpkin sauce with rice and veggies, comfort food for sure. Pee Wees next door made fantastic Spanish Omelettes. $5 again for a great breakfast.

The Cliffs at Negril are absolutely beautiful. The days are celebrated with a kind of feel that we overlook back home. It was totally relaxing and inspiring. It took me two days to SLOW down but after that it was pure enjoyment.

We joined Robin twice at her dinner shows at the Charela Inn, an upscale and most relaxed European run resort for great dinners and entertainment. Fantastic.

We took in a Reggae show featuring Yellowman that was totally unforgettable. So much talent in Jamaica. Fun, fun, fun.

We enjoyed the laid back feel of the beach and had a very good lunch at the Canoe Bar, nice spot with Free WiFi to catch up with loved ones at home. Lounged on 7 Mile Beach at Alfreds for the better part of the week. Nice spot with good food, clean bathrooms and showers.

Robin also took me on a 15 minute walk down to the Extabi Resort which is a lovely seaside hotel with a very good restaurant and cliffs and caves to die for. A very good lunch of snapper and then the luxury to go for a much needed dip in the hot sun. Devon proved he is a truly experienced diver.

Kevin Hughes (from our hometown) that runs Bourbon Beach on 7 Mile Beach, took us out on a day trip to the Pelican Bar that was quite memorable. It's a bar set on a coral reef and sandbar in the middle of the ocean. We ate some great seafood and stood in the water having cocktails and laughing all afternoon. A great day that I will not soon forget. He took us back to Bourbon Beach for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the specialty, Jerk Chicken. Awesome.

Overall, this trip was great and probably one of my better stays with my gal pals. I would love to return with close friends and family again.

Thank you to Deb, Robin and Devon, Racquel, Marlene, Gwato, June, Rick, Steve, Elisabeth, King Louie, Rebel, Zsa Zsa, Boompy, Easy and Precious. A wonderful stay and we will surely return. Irie!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I just returned from my second stay at Moonlight Villa and it was all that I remembered and more. Arriving there felt like returning to my home away from home. Debbie and the dogs were there to welcome us and instantly the relaxation began. I stayed in a different room then last year, and it was just as great. Large room with a queen bed, additional single bed and a sofa, mini fridge and freezer for ice. Lots of room to lay about and enjoy the breeze and view, and lots of room to welcome the dogs to hang out. Debbie once again arranged some great outings for all the guests, optional of course, but I highly recommend taking Debbie up on her suggestions as she never steers you wrong. The villa was full this stay and it was a great group to hang about and chat with, enjoy some drinks, but there is plenty of room if all you want to do is chill out alone. I was happy to see all of my Jamaican friends around the villa, Kwako, Marlene and Omar, who also take the time to tell you about the local way of life, hang out with, point you in the right direction and also make you feel like you are family. Marlene is a fantastic cook and I was lucky enough to enjoy a dinner she cooked for a group of us. I will be going back for sure, and next time staying two weeks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mayo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I travelled to Jamaica with a friend, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Negril than Moonlight Villa. Amazing people - Debbie is the best host in the world, and her staff are super friendly. She gave us tons of good advice, and everything she recommended was great! The rooms are well equipped with 2 beds, lots of dishes, a mini fridge, etc. There is an amazing view from the veranda - get up early to sit on the wall and watch the fishing boats going by. We also loved the 6 VERY friendly dogs :)

If you're going to spend time in Negril, stay here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

All except one odd ball has nailed it in all of the reviews of Moonlight Villa. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. Cliche-ish, but honest.

This was my first time to Jamaica, and I was really excited to go. I was going to celebrate! My 30th bday that is :o) I didn't know anything about how certain systems operate; transportation, money, etc.....I mean you can do but so much research online. You just have to go out there and DO IT. So I did. I was traveling solo, and as a woman, traveling alone can be a little nerve racking, especially if your going to a new country. I travel alone pretty frequently, but I had never traveled to JA, so this was going to be very new new new to me.

I communicated with Debbie frequently before my arrival. Even in our communications before I got to JA, Debbie Lightheart, the owner and operator, offered to show me around, explained how transportation worked, explained how the money worked, told me the best places to exchange money for the best rate, set up very affordable transportation from the airport for me (which was incredibly generous) among other things...and this is all before I even set foot in JA! I had so many questions, and she graciously answered every single one of them. She really put my mind at ease. Being able to connect with another woman when traveling overseas is always always always a plus, so I was feeling really good about this trip.

Upon arrival at Moonlight I was greeted by Debbie and her doggies! I didn't exchange $ at the airport, and I wasn't comfortable quite yet changing $ at the bank, so upon arrival at the villa, I was just talking to Debbie about it and she totally offered to help me take care of it! How to get the taxis, where the bank was, etc etc..Put my mind at ease. Just to give you an idea of the good vibes here, the folks who were staying in the room next to me, after I introduced myself to them, gave me $300J to get to/from the bank since I didn't get a chance to exchange money! So kind...Just good vibes all around.

The room was fabulous. Whether you are a single traveler or a family, the value is OUTSTANDING. You are not going to find a nicer place at a better value than Moonlight Villa. Even if you wanted to stay in JA for longer than a week or two, that can be arranged at very affordable prices with Debbie! The floor plan of the room I was staying was perfect. Queen sized bed, sofa facing the wood paneled doors that open in to the wonderful view of the Caribbean Ocean. Your own full bath, ceramic tile floors ( so thankfully you don't have to worry about carpets) tv w/cable, beautiful furniture, wall decor...I mean, it was just wow. I was floored!! I couldn't believe how beautiful and homey this place was. I didn't feel like I was in a hotel room, or that I was visiting. When you walk out of your panel wood panel doors, you have your own little veranda with a single large wicker chair, and another wicker chair that is large enough for two people. With the glass table, it was the perfect reading spot!

On the first floor, there are three main rooms, and each room has there own veranda, so total privacy. If you walk away from your veranda, the three porches kind of become one large open patio with a table and chairs, beautiful trees and plants. Walk down the stairs of the wide patio, and you are in a grassy area with more nice lawn chairs, hammocks, plants...ahh just so serene and private, and calm...all with the Caribbean ocean right there! The villa is on the cliffs, and there is an entrance/exit from the villa to get to the ocean if you want to go swimming or snorkeling in the ocean! Very very cool.

On the second floor is the kitchen, a beautiful kitchen that Debbie allows her guests to use openly to cook if they like. Beautiful wood floors and the view is to live for.

There is plenty to do within walking distance of the villa. And even better, there is a grocery store right across the street. Debbie and the people who work with/for her are pleasant, accommodating, helpful; I mean really, it was just like hanging out at a with friends awesomely incredible house for a week. I didn't have to call anyone for anything. If I needed milk for my coffee, Id go upstairs in the kitchen and get it. No problem.If I did need something. No problem. A wonderful surprise was the dinner Debbie and her staff cooked on the Friday of my birthday! Debbie had friends over, she invited myself and the guests who were staying next to me upstairs, and we all sat and ate dinner together! It was great beyond what I can describe for you here. Just a one of a kind experience that you can't get at a key card resort.

What I can tell you, if you are a couple, family, friends, and especially if you a solo traveler, this is the place for you. Ladies, if you are looking to travel solo in JA, come to Moonlight Villa. I stayed here a week, and I will most definitely be making this a regular spot. Its affordable, its clean, its private, and its safe. The owner makes sure her guests are secure and taken care of. No worries mon. If you want to be spoon fed on your vacation, then this isn't the place for you, but if you are coming to JA to get to know JA, walk and talk with the locals, make some friends, create connections, meet people, and not stay trapped in some all inclusive prison...check out Moonlight Villa. You will not be disappointed. See you in the Sun!

Room Tip: I was in Room 1 and I saw Room 2, and they both are beautiful and have excellent views of the sun an...