“Had a fantastic time !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach House Villas

Save Saved
You added Beach House Villas to your Saves list
Beach House Villas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd | On the Seven Mile Beach (beside T-Water Beach Hotel), Negril, Jamaica   |
Special Offer
Fall Special - 2 Free nts
Ranked #26 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“Had a fantastic time !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have been travelling to Negril since 1984.. I really am happy anywhere I stay, as long as I am in Negril, I can feel at home anywhere. Long before the internet,and when I was much younger, and not so fussy, I would just book air, get a taxi to Negril, and then worry about where to stay. Sometimes if I arrived late, I would just get to Negril find a place for a night, and then get up in the morning and search out somewhere that would do for my stay. I have never been fussy, and believe me I have stayed in some really low low budget places and still had great times and have many great memories of those places! Back in the early days you could just show up and come to an agreement as to what you would pay. Deposits and reservations were pretty much unheard of. Usually the place became a five star in my mind, if the staff was awesome!
Well, BHV hit it out of the park!! The staff touched my heart and soul!! Don't get me wrong my little Jungle Tree Top Villa was beautiful and simply awesome!!
I loved the room!! I felt Safe and totally comfortable. It totally surpassed my expectations!
This was my fourth trip to Negril this year and I have to say the most memorable!! The other three places I stayed this year were nice, however, this place compelled me to write a review, my first ever!
But what made my stay especially awesome was the staff!! Many of them have all worked at BHV for ten plus years, they love their boss! Everyone of them from Courtney my silly and cute Gardener, and now my friend- to Buju the other Gardener,who always had a smile, and was eager to help- to Sweet, Sweet Florence who did a fabulous job cleaning my room, always with a smile!! to all the Front Desk Girls and the amazing Security.. I really cannot say one negative about BHV !! I had a fantastic experience, One of, if not, my best time ever in Negril!!
I celebrated my Birthday @ BHV. I was there August 30-September 9th. I held a small Birthday party and anyone that showed up at the gate, did not hassled or ID checked, or forced to put on a neon wrist band which seems to be the norm now in Negril, which I find truly truly sad. Sweet Buju set up extra chairs and tables for my guests on the beautiful sundeck and made beautiful centerpieces for the tables! Truly Awesome!! Some of the staff showed up for food and drinks and we sent down Plates of food to those that couldn't leave their spot! Everyone was welcome!
I had a fantastic time at BHV and yes!! I was there when the sea turned brown but really is that something BHV can control? Nope! I just went down the beach when I wanted to swim, my gosh there is 7 miles of beach to choose from!! I really think some people should just stay away from Negril--It truly is the Capital of Casual and if little things irritate you then maybe the best thing to do is stay home. If people trying to make a living by selling you something bothers you, then don't leave your house. I see people at home with a cup or a hand made sign looking for "spare" change. At least in Negril they are trying to sell something NOT just looking for a hand out. I get tired of hearing complaints about Hagglers, this is part of Jamaica and I am sure part of every single City in the world!! This cannot be controlled by where you stay. I really cannot stand over-zealous security that will not allow even a friend of 25 years to stop and talk if they see you on the beach! I have even moved if friends were treated with dis-respect.
Here at BHV if you wanted to talk to someone, they let you, If you didn't then security was there, as it should be.
Would I stay here again? In a NYC minute!!!!

Room Tip: I only saw the Jungle House Tree Top, I am sure any of them would be nice!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
buckinghamshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Hi I'm sure you know me by now I'm in the trade so all reviews unbiased and as accurate as possible. We arrived at the property with great hopes as we knew of the property as we had stayed near by last Easter, our first room had more plastic flowers than a local market the room was depressing and dull, the second room a little less chinz but we were only offered it for 2 days of our 7 night stay the 3 rd room better than the others and after 15 hours of travel we settled reluctantly .
We booked a king suite apparently even with confirmation they do not exist !!! The restaurant 24 hours as stated opened around 8-30am till possibly 10-30 pm if the service had been slower they would have been horizontal. The food very limited and average which was sad as we had chosen this place as the previous hospitality was great but something has happened to brow beat these guys into submission, the restaurant is sub let we had been offered a meal plan prior to arrival which doesn't actually exist when you speak to restaurant owner ?? . The security was good if not a little over zealous with the beach traders, we had two nights without electric due to horrific storms , candles were used to light the areas H&S would have had a field day which left us feeling nervous . The air con was not great if it had been the height of season you would have been uncomfortable . The safe you have to pay for daily which considering BH Villas is the most expensive on the strip you would expect in this day and age for inclusion. The gardens were well kept in areas but found it generally over grown and quite oppressive . The room had to be fumigated as it was over run by mosquitos which of course is a tropical hazard but never o that extent. In summery give it a miss its far to expensive for the quality. The service was less than averagely ate out every day except for the complimentary breakfast given as a compromise or he room, we ordered the same items daily but received whatever they had as part of the request . There are far better quality places to stay for £1000 room only accommodation.
Negril beach was not as we remembered it it was seemed scruffy and dirty two of the days a sewage pipe was emptied turning the water a pea green for several hours. See photos. So in short mis- sold hotel , poor service, and well overpriced . Give it a wide birth.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
bhvillas, Owner at Beach House Villas, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
2014 is Beach House Villas 30th Year Anniversary. In all our years, we have never received a complaint like this one.

The guest paid $1041.76 for 7 nights in GH Studio #3 (King Suite) including tax/service charge. Our lowest price accommodation/condominium and it is exactly as described on Booking.com as well as all advertisements. At the time, we quoted them $669.60 for the upgrade price to the Penthouse waterfront apartment which they never confirmed.

We also quoted a price for the breakfast plan of $130.48 for 7 nights (2 guests) which is all the guest wanted pricing on. Further explaination was given that the meal plan would need to be paid for at the property. The guests' response to that was "I may do the all inclusive on arrival". Booking.com did have an error with the 24 hour restaurant as it was supposed to be 24 hour security. No hotels in Negril have 24 hour restaurants. However, to try to appease the guests, we gave them complimentary breakfast for the week.

The a/c's are new split unit Panasonic's and yes there are mosquitos in Jamaica and the front doors should remain closed at certain times. And yes some kitchens have plastic flowers above the kitchen cabinets. There were power outages in Negril due to storms and there is no sewage pouring anywhere that we have ever heard of in Negril. The rest of the post is just plain not true.

We believe that the guests are always right in the hospitality business, but when this guest gave us the ultimatum of giving them the Penthouse complimentary with their free breakfast or they would post a negative review on Tripadvisor, we chose to let them do as they have done.
Ontario NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Have been travelling to Jamaica since 1986, even saw Hurricane Gilbert first hand in '88. Nothing compares to the vacation we had staying at Beach House Villas. Level one beach house; clean, comfortable, everything you needed in the kitchen, Rose (the housekeeper) was wonderful, plenty of towels, clean bedding and greeted us daily with her welcoming Jamaican smile. The guys in the bar/restaurant were the best. The food is awesome, great prices and again served with a smile. The girls at reception were professional, friendly and always on hand if you needed something. 24 hour security led by Stephen made us feel safe and secure when we slept at night!
The entire property is well maintained, clean, and a great place for families to stay. BHV is a shining example of hospitality, friendliness and the relaxed vibe of Negril.
Thanks to all who made our stay so pleasant.
See y'all on 17th Aug 2014!

BHV is truly a hidden gem,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at the Beach House Villas in Negril.
First the good:
-The location is great. Just about every place we wanted to visit was in walking distance, including several restaurants and bars.
-7 mile beach is beautiful. The roped off section dedicated for BHV guests is small, yet adequate given the size of the property
-The staff were all very friendly, and the presence of 24 hour security was an added bonus
-The foliage surrounding the property is beautiful, and had me feeling like I was in the middle of a rainforest
-The food at the on-site restaurant was always fantastic, and staff went out of their way to fulfill all of our desires (including letting us order off the lunch menu at 9:30AM!)

The not so good (not bad, just left room for improvement)
-The villas are very basic. All necessities were there, but if you're used to 5-star accommodations, then you may be in for a shock. But you'll see that most hotels in this stretch of Negril are the same. Ppl come for the beautiful beach, not luxury hotels.
-The beggers and hustlers are non-stop! Security did their best to keep them at bay, but it's difficult to enjoy your time on the beach when every 5 minutes someone is trying to sell you anything from fruit, to fresh seafood, to ganja, to handmade crafts, to foot massages. And when you finally catch a break, a stray dog or cat may come along begging for crumbs. Again, this is more of a reflection of Negril itself than BHV itself.
-There's no swimming pool, fitness center, nor nightlife on the property

So, if you're looking for a clean comfortable place to lay your head after a day spent on the white sandy beaches of Negril, I would suggest BHV. But if you're looking for 5-star accommodations, then I'd suggest looking into one of the all-inclusives, or finding a different location altogether.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The location is amazing!!! Walk out the door and have the beach And restaurant within steps! The 24 hour security is truly 24 hours... The staff is so great-very friendly and informative! Our beachfront room was truly that, beachfront!! The rooms are clean. Nothing fancy, but we spent only time sleeping in there.. We plan to go back and stay next summer, if not sooner. Great value and great location. Paradise

• Stayed August 2013
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were so happy that on our first trip to Jamaica, we chose to stay at Beach House Villas. We had a studio and it was so nice. Full kitchen with all the appliances! So we could make our own Blue Mountain coffee in the morning. But that's the least of it. It's really beautiful and pleasant and the people who work there are wonderful! Each and every one of the staff is so nice and friendly and warm. We fell in love with Beach House Villas. Just a small walk, thru a gorgeous garden, to the beach front bar and restaurant. It was awesome and now we're spoiled and couldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our group of eleven enjoyed our stay at the Beach House Villas Negril. The staff was so warm and friendly. I want to thank Claude, Milton, Shelton, Michael and everyone else for their kindness. The staff went out of their way to make our 9 day stay awesome. Special thanks for helping to make my birthday party a sucess. The villas are large and clean. The property is beautiful.

Room Tip: The beach house is amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beach House Villas? Share your experiences!