I have been travelling to Negril since 1984.. I really am happy anywhere I stay, as long as I am in Negril, I can feel at home anywhere. Long before the internet,and when I was much younger, and not so fussy, I would just book air, get a taxi to Negril, and then worry about where to stay. Sometimes if I arrived late, I would just get to Negril find a place for a night, and then get up in the morning and search out somewhere that would do for my stay. I have never been fussy, and believe me I have stayed in some really low low budget places and still had great times and have many great memories of those places! Back in the early days you could just show up and come to an agreement as to what you would pay. Deposits and reservations were pretty much unheard of. Usually the place became a five star in my mind, if the staff was awesome!
Well, BHV hit it out of the park!! The staff touched my heart and soul!! Don't get me wrong my little Jungle Tree Top Villa was beautiful and simply awesome!!
I loved the room!! I felt Safe and totally comfortable. It totally surpassed my expectations!
This was my fourth trip to Negril this year and I have to say the most memorable!! The other three places I stayed this year were nice, however, this place compelled me to write a review, my first ever!
But what made my stay especially awesome was the staff!! Many of them have all worked at BHV for ten plus years, they love their boss! Everyone of them from Courtney my silly and cute Gardener, and now my friend- to Buju the other Gardener,who always had a smile, and was eager to help- to Sweet, Sweet Florence who did a fabulous job cleaning my room, always with a smile!! to all the Front Desk Girls and the amazing Security.. I really cannot say one negative about BHV !! I had a fantastic experience, One of, if not, my best time ever in Negril!!
I celebrated my Birthday @ BHV. I was there August 30-September 9th. I held a small Birthday party and anyone that showed up at the gate, did not hassled or ID checked, or forced to put on a neon wrist band which seems to be the norm now in Negril, which I find truly truly sad. Sweet Buju set up extra chairs and tables for my guests on the beautiful sundeck and made beautiful centerpieces for the tables! Truly Awesome!! Some of the staff showed up for food and drinks and we sent down Plates of food to those that couldn't leave their spot! Everyone was welcome!
I had a fantastic time at BHV and yes!! I was there when the sea turned brown but really is that something BHV can control? Nope! I just went down the beach when I wanted to swim, my gosh there is 7 miles of beach to choose from!! I really think some people should just stay away from Negril--It truly is the Capital of Casual and if little things irritate you then maybe the best thing to do is stay home. If people trying to make a living by selling you something bothers you, then don't leave your house. I see people at home with a cup or a hand made sign looking for "spare" change. At least in Negril they are trying to sell something NOT just looking for a hand out. I get tired of hearing complaints about Hagglers, this is part of Jamaica and I am sure part of every single City in the world!! This cannot be controlled by where you stay. I really cannot stand over-zealous security that will not allow even a friend of 25 years to stop and talk if they see you on the beach! I have even moved if friends were treated with dis-respect.
Here at BHV if you wanted to talk to someone, they let you, If you didn't then security was there, as it should be.
Would I stay here again? In a NYC minute!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Jamaica's western tip lies a beautiful and magical place - Negril. The seven mile beach is a magnificent stretch of white Jamaican sand along which are dotted low-rise hotels, resorts and guest cottages hidden among the palms. Three fabulous villas on the water's edge, each with breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy our 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 bedroom villas, or Studio Villa - which offer the very best in modern conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Beach House Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House Villas Hotel Negril
- Beach Hotel Negril
- Beach House Villas Negril