Honeymooned at BHV in Sept 2012. Stayed in the penthouse. Had an unbelievable view of the Caribbean Sea from our balcony and an even better view on the roof. The star-gazing was beautiful. I walked the length of Negril beach and concluded that BHV has the best view in Negril. The place is 10 steps from the water. We swam every day. And the beauty of the Caribbean: Stunning.
At BHV the employees were gracious; the security guys were professional; and the Red Stripe was always cold. .
Now for the bad part: There is nothing wrong with BHV. The problem was that the beach vendors were relentless to the point that we could not take a walk on the beach without being harrassed. The root cause is that a bad world economy has decreased the number of tourists - but the number of local beach vendors is the same. We were the only tourists on the beach and 20 vendors were vying for our business. It was uncomfortable.
Fortunately we had Jimmy, the personification of Jamaican hospitality, who acted as our tour guide, and friend, to fend off the beach vendors, which allowed us to take long walks on the beach and enjoy the beauty of Jamaica and the laid-back attitude of Negril.
Would I go again? To BHV, yes. And I'm crazy about Jamaica, but the economic situation there is getting worse, and its making people desperate, which is a real dis-incentive. Nevertheless, I am already thinking about another trip to Negril.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Jamaica's western tip lies a beautiful and magical place - Negril. The seven mile beach is a magnificent stretch of white Jamaican sand along which are dotted low-rise hotels, resorts and guest cottages hidden among the palms. Three fabulous villas on the water's edge, each with breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy our 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 bedroom villas, or Studio Villa - which offer the very best in modern conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Beach House Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House Villas Hotel Negril
- Beach Hotel Negril
- Beach House Villas Negril