“Cute place, friendly staff, the price is right.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
BOOK DIRECT 20 - 40% OFF
Ranked #8 of 90 Hotels in Negril
nj
“Cute place, friendly staff, the price is right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Chose room #20 from the reviews I read and was not disappointed. The posted photos do not do the place justice. Also chose this place because they have AC but i dont think we ever used it. We were very happy with our room and the location on the property. It was in the cut, so we had our privacy. The balcony and the sound of the fountain were fantastic to come home to after a long day of exploring. The foliage on the grounds were gorgeous. 420 friendly. Breakfast was simple- bread and cereal. I'm used to eating fresh fruit everyday on vacation, but you had to pay for it here. The dinner menu items were good. I found food in general to be a bit on the pricy side wherever we went. The saturday show and buffet was great experience. As far as location, it is a little off the path, but safe. We rented a scooter a block up the road which was key for our trip. Cabs here in general are expensive. They offered excursions, but we went the non tourist adventurous route and trekked everywhere ourselves via scooter (Jamaican style!!). They have a nice pool which i used once. We went to the beach most days. Booking, checking in and out, and arranging for transportation was easy. We were here off season, so it was a bit dead. But I personally liked it that way.

we really loved our balcony and miss it very much :)

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I love the Seastar. My BFF and I go at least once a year. We have met great people there and the staff is like family. We love SeaStar. Just like they say, "come as a guest and leave as family." That's so true. Now we go to Seastar to see our family, enjoy Negril, and relax!

• Stayed September 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Spent only one night. went mostly for the concert, but enjoyed the place. The concert was not disappointing. The food was good. The staff was fantastic. Extremely helpful and accommodating. Did everything to make us feel at home.
Great value for money. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful time at the SeaStar Inn. I had all the accommodations that I have back home which included A/C and Wifi.

The staff was very friendly anything my family and I asked them to do they graciously did it with a smile, and if they couldn't do it they'd do their best to try and get the next best thing or find an alternative solution. You also develop a bond with the staff as if they're your own family.

Over the place is nice for the price, the food was good, but really wanted to see some more authentic Jamaican food and the bar drinks were good as well.

If I'm ever in Negril again I would stay here and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
Orillia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Home away from home, you are just right at home. First visit in 2004 and still lov'in the vibes. I have over 26 years travelling to Negril and well over 60 visits. Seen it, been there, done it. By far the Seastar Inn is the place to stay, great rooms, food is fab and everything you could dream of. The staff is more superior than anywhere I have ever stayed. They are responsible for me coming back time and time again. They are family and treat you just like it every time. From a tiny place to a bigger tiny place what I really respect is the investment back into the hotel. The owners Chris and Francine have worked so hard to put their money back into the hotel to make their family of many friends a very enjoyable vacation. That's respect in a big thank you way. If you need anything on your stay at Seastar, don't be shy, just ask. You are family and loved. I say you cant go wrong, give it try. Being relaxed with no pressure in warm friendly atmosphere is what vacations are all about. Its got a lot of class. Just to be clear all the staff at Seastar from house keeping, office, kitchen, bartending, groundskeeper, security, music guy and owners all go over and beyond,.... everyday shift to ensure their guests come back. They are the family of memorable vacations.....................!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, you cant pick a bad one.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Quincy, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My room was 5. I had a king size bed, fridge, sink, desk, tv with cable (few channels), and bureau. Also I had a porch with a hammock. The place wasn't ready when I arrived. The cleaning folks had to come in and change the sheets and stuff. I went to the bar to try out the food and when I was done eating and having two beers, they were gone. The place looked clean enough.

Food was alright. Nothing to write home about. Plenty of choices to choose from.

People were friendly for the most part. They weren't very outgoing but if you talked to them, they were pretty nice. I think this is just how people in Jamaica are as it seems to be a common theme.

The landscape was lovely. You definitely felt that tropical experience. All sorts of critters chirping all throughout the evening. If you want quiet, you won't get it here. I was able to sleep fine but I can see some people having issues with the crickets.

Location blew. Nothing appears to be short walking distances. The closest beach required a cab or you had to drive yourself.

Pool was clean. At night, they turn on the lights in the pool and it has this glow to it. Real nice.

Unfortunately, not too many people stayed here when I did. Its a shame because the place is pretty good. Only downside being the location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room to get a balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

As a local. It felt warm and quite friendly while there.
However they need to put in proper checks
and balances in order not to call quest about missing orange sheets.It was very embrassing to get a call about sheets.
I wonder if they would do this to foreigner or if its applies only to locals. After calling to talk to personnel I was told ,sometimes people mistaken pack things away (bright orange coloured sheets).I wanted my staycation to leave good memories but I regret going.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Seastar Inn? Share your experiences!