“Paradise & Unmatched Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Direct Get 40% Off
Ranked #12 of 91 hotels in Negril
Troy, New York, United States
“Paradise & Unmatched Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed at Seastar Inn several times, my most recent stay was over the Christmas holiday 2012. I stayed with my 18-year-old and 17-year-old sons. As a single parent, I was concerned that they might get bored as this was their first trip to the island and they are very attached to their friends at home. Boredom was far from the case. The resort was active with other families staying there and we found ourselves taking the free shuttle to the beach as a group most days. The staff was great to my sons and within a day it felt very comfortable to let the kids do their own thing around the resort.

The pool was pristine, the game room was fully functional, the free Internet always worked, and the food was incredible, as usual. Order anything off the menu and you'll be glad you did. The free continental breakfast with bagels, coffee, and muffins also saved me quite a few bucks over the course of our 9-day stay.

For me, there is no better value or service in Negril than Seastar Inn. The Seastar crew is more of a family than a "staff." The quality and comfort of this resort cannot be overstated.

You will love a stay here. -Brasi Hyatt

Room Tip: Insider tips: In my opinion, the coolest room is Room 16, but rooms 17, 18, 19, and 20 are closest t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hubbie and I returned to Seastar for 2 weeks to enjoy the Luciano concert and return to our most favorite place to stay while in Negril. It seems each time we return there has been another enhancement to this gem in the West End.

Attached are a few photos of the new section of 4 rooms that are now completed and ready for action.
Nice brand new spanking section behind the pool. The room on the second level to the left, exits down the stairs to the pool.
The fountain outside the rooms has now evolved into a tropical fish pond.
For those who want to party on the roof top - that too is a possibility.
The landscaping in the front looks like it's been there forever, some of it has.
Nice new hammocks to enjoy.
King size beds
Small Fridge
Wall safe

In February we will be back and my sister will get to stay in one of these as she pre-booked early enough to get one. There will be a small intimate wedding for my sister at Seastar, just another offering that Seastar provides.

The staff at Seastar are one of the main reasons we like to return to this hotel. It's so nice to get my morning hug from Barbara. I'm usually the first one at the pool in the morning and every day Delroy is there to get it ready for the day for all the guests to enjoy. Then there is Delroy and Tucker in the kitchen who take pride in turning out those meals that leave you with no room for dessert and looking forward to tomorrow. Rochelle and Clarol - daughter and sister they are to me - or so they make me feel. Akima is one smart lady who helps keep the business running along with Samantha who has the best laugh ever! Security couldn't be better at Seastar - these gentlemen Kirk and Rambo make sure we have no worries on the premises. The friendly bartenders Randy and Alvin keep those drinks flowing especially during those happy hours we all like to enjoy. Maintenance and grounds are kept in tip top order with Garret and Tony and Evon. The lovely ladies - Francine and Vaz and Karen ensure that your rooms are kept tidy and replenished as needed, so it is a pleasure to come back to your room and know someone has been there looking after you.

The owners Chris and Francine take pride in their establishment which reflects in all that they do, to make this wonderful hotel is the place, we continue to return to.

Room Tip: Try one of the new rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

There are so many good things I can say about this hotel. I don't even know where to begin. I had an awesome time at Seastar. I will admit, I was a little leary when I turned up the small street that leads to the hotel. But once we got through the gate, I was pleasantly surprised. EVERYONE at the hotel was very polite. When I did meet the owner, Chris, he was very nice. I got a warm reception upon check-in. When I made it to my room, Room #7, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very spacious and clean.The bed was very comfortable. My favorite part of the room was the veranda. I loved how the foliage grew up tall enough that it provided coverage from the sun. It also gave a lot of privacy. I stayed there during the earlier part of the week so it was very quiet, which I liked. The room was tended to daily by the staff. The TV worked fine, and provided enough channels.

As for the food, it was great. I did alot of eating in town, but while at the hotel, I had the jerk chicken sandwich, cheese pizza, eggs, potato wedges, bacon breakfast, and the garlic lobster. All of the portions was more than enough for two people if you are not a heavy eater. Although the meals were not included, they were priced very reasonable. I didn't have a chance to indulge in happy hour, which is from 4-6 pm. During that time, they have 2 for 1 drinks and chicken wings.

I loved the shuttle service to the beach. The bus is new and comfortable. The driver, Henry, is very nice. I also got a shuttle back to the airport. It was only $50, which I find to be very reasonable. One of the most expensive expenses you will incur in Jamaica is transportation/taxi costs. I was amazed at the price of the shuttle.

The only hiccup I had while at the hotel was the cellular phone service. The hotel provides cell phones for the guest to rent for $10 a day. You can talk all day on the phone locally and internationally. I thought that was a wonderful added feature to the hotel. The problem that occurred was not the fault of the hotel though. The cellular company switched the phones off, but the owner and his wife handled the situation in a timely manner.

My overall experience at Seastar was wonderful, and I will definitely be staying there again in the near future. Thanks to Chris, Francine, Rochelle, Samantha, Randy, Junior, Kirk, and all of the wonderful staff members at Seastar. Hope to see you soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

You feel like family at this place and I am really looking forward to my next stay at Seastar. The staff aims to please and the vibe of the place is super chill. You can float around in the pool for hours and enjoy lunch at beverages at the swim up bar. Most days it feels like you have the place to yourself during the day and at night is when the fun really begins.

Great reggae/african dancers show on Saturday with a solid buffet, and I'm not big on buffets. Drinks specials as well as most major sporting events on numerous TV's at the bar. If you need a place to take in a football game with some buddies this is the place to do it. They also have a projector that they can beam a game on a big screen if you so desire. Pool table on site as well as a little shop that sells killer hammocks. And if you are on the West End and need pizza they do deliver and the pizza is pretty good thin crust.

This place is an outstanding value for what you get. It's about 500 yards to waters edge, but there are several places within walking distance that will let you hang out on the water as long as you buy some drinks and great food. If you want a brand new room just ask, they just built 4 new rooms and they are the highest numbered rooms, 17-20 I believe. 17 and 19 are ground level and 18 and 20 are upstairs. These rooms are right next to the pool and a short walk to the bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockbridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was by far one of the most laid back vacations I've ever taken. It was great to wake up every day and just go with the flow. Chris and Francine have carved out a spot in the West End of Negril, where you can begin your days with a continental breakfast or better still with one of their outstanding cook to order meals, (breakfast, lunch or dinner). The daily beach trips from 11 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon; (complimentary transportation provided) takes you to one of several spots on Negril's famous Seven Mile Beach. However if you just want to “cool out” you can hang around the lush garden property, swim in the pool or relax on your verandah hammock,(made by Francine). The staff was wonderful. They tried to meet each and every need quickly and with a smile, and by the second day of your stay they will remember your name, no matter how many guests they have. I loved the personal touch, the real Jamaican atmosphere and the feeling that you are home, with friends and family.

Room Tip: Room Six is great. It's almost at the end of the path, so there is little traffic or noise. Se...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Spent a night at the Seastar last March. I love the west end of Negril because there is so much to see and do if your adventurous and comfortable walking down the streets. Make no mistake, this resort is in the heart of Jamaica. Food was okay, facility decent and small. Staff was adequete. No fancy surroundings or scenery. But if you wanna get a chance to really see Jamaica and not just the guarded majesty of the bigger resorts its waiting for you right outside the gates of the Seastar. Any questions, drop me a line, glad to help as i have stayed all over Jamaica and love to help other travellers. Irie.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I can write three-four pages about how absolutely wonderful this place it. You won't go wrong here. My husband and I came here from the Ritz in Montego Bay and this place blew the Ritz out of the water with its prices (of course), quality of food, privacy, and of course the Staff. This place is truly a Gem in Negril. We are lifetime guests. Had so much fun!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seastar Inn? Share your experiences!