“Great hotel, great service, great price...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
BOOK DIRECT 20 - 40% OFF
Ranked #10 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Natchez, Mississippi
“Great hotel, great service, great price...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was a fantastic choice all the way around. We found an amazing special online which made an already affordable place even more affordable. The staff is simply amazing. Every person we encountered was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were having a great time. From the moment we were picked up at the airport by Henry to the moment he took us back, we felt like we were in good hands. We also ate at several places in Negril, but we enjoyed the restaurant at the Seastar as much or more than the other places we ate. The prices for drinks and food were the same or lower than any other place we found and the quality was as good or better than any of those places. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, our room was clean and nice and the hammock outside the room was the ideal finishing touch to the room. It was a great first experience in Negril and we plan to return...when we do, we will be staying at the Seastar Inn again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

What an incredible place in the west end of Negril. Everyone treated you like family. It was home away from home.

They have a free shuttle that will take you to the beach daily. They also have side trips that you can take like horseback riding and such.

I want to thank the amazing staff that took care of us on this first trip to Jamaica. Rochelle at the front desk was just amazing. Always greeting you in the morning with a beautiful smile. Henry was are driver that went out of his way to make sure that we were comfortable. Lastly, Barbara was our bartender and server. She made sure that we were happy. The service was great.

This place is just wonderful and you can go on and on about it. All I have to say is that I am soooo glad that we didn't stay at a resort hotel.

Take a chance and stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 7. It had a king size bed, a veranda and you are on the second floor. Its really pr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I just want to say thank you for the entire staff for their kindness and making our first trip in Jamaica absolutely amazing. The Inn is on the West side of Negril by the cliffs nearby some really good places to eat (if you are brave and willing to walk the extra mile) or get a taxi. Francine and Chris the owners are really kind and attentive. The entire staff makes you feel like you are family before you leave. The rooms are very clean and have a TV with American Cable shows if you decide not to go outside because it is rainy. The rooms also have AC and a great hammock outside. The property is well maintained and the food there is really good for the price you pay. If you need to get anywhere the Inn will help arrange it for you. Barbara and Clara are absolute dolls and Henry is super chill.

Great price
Great Staff
Clean
Nearby Great Places to eat
- Ivan's
- Push Cart
- 3 Dives
Relatively Quiet (besides Saturday Reggae nights which are fun)
Comfy beds
Clean linens and towels

Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The overall service was great. Staff is friendly, attentive and personable. The bar/restaurant is not necessarily high end, but it is reasonably good. Mosquitoes and bugs can be a bit of an issue; my girlfriend got a few bug bites every night, and the hotel staff did not seem to be able to do much about it. The location is a little remote from the beach, but scooter and car rentals are offered at affordable rates. We had a fun vacation, and I would recommend this hotel/resort to other people.

Baltimore,Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just wanted to say from the very first time I stayed at Seastar I knew that this was the resort for me.
It's very clean, layed back, friendly, and affordable. The food and customer service is amazing.
It's the only place I stay when in town, and I've made it my home away from home.
Thanks to all the friendly staff for making this place such a great atmosphere.
I will see you guys soon.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

You cannot beat it for the price. The staff, food, and drinks were awesome! The Saturday night show was phenomenal!!! I wish we had stayed longer so I could catch the show twice. I thought that not being directly on the water would bother me more but it wasn't a big deal. They have a free shuttle that will take you to the beach or anywhere inbetween in the mornings and will pick you back up at 4:00, or later for a nominal fee. We walked out to the main road a few times, to go to the market or dinner and always felt safe. My kids, ages 18 and 21 loved it there. I left my wallet there with all my credit cards and driver's license and they called me right away and overnighted it back to me. I wasn't thrilled with the 2 bedroom apt like room
we stayed in, we could not figure out how to work the stove and the kitchen needs some updating and it could have been cleaner but then again I am a germophobe. There were cobwebs around the lights in the bathroom. But we did not bring any of this to anyone's attention and I have a feeling that if we had everything would have been addressed. I hate to mention these things as it really is a pretty cool place to stay, maybe next time we will try a different room, maybe one of the new ones they are currently building that are set to be done in November.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Let me just start off by saying that if you are used to staying at a resort like sandals and that is up to your standards than this is probably not the resort for you. That being said, let me tell you what is great about this resort. It is very peaceful and relaxing. The staff are just amazing and the rooms are pretty good for the price. Now let me just mention that the beds are extremely firm and, the breakfast is kind of limited, and the resort is not ON the beach OR the cliffs but it is very close to both. All in all I would definately recommend this resort to friends. The staff are what makes this place great!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Seastar Inn? Share your experiences!