“real Jamaica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lost Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lost Beach Resort
You added Lost Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hope Wharf, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #69 of 89 Hotels in Negril
Toledo, Ohio
“real Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We recently stayed at The Lost Beach Resort and it was amazing. The resort was stylish and very romantic. The staff were amazing. There were only a few other guest at the resort when we stayed (which I loved) and it was not very touristy at all. We wanted a nice calm place to chill on the beach and be left alone and we found it. The manager was amazing and visited with us every morning to check on our comfort. The staff enjoy teaching guests about their culture and the food was amazing. Our tour guide Sebert, introduced us to the real Jamaica taking us to tons of little known attractions that were amazing. Sebert and other staff treated us as if we were family and introduced us to local bars and culture. Not only would I reccomend this hotel to a friend, but we will be staying again as soon as we can and may even get married there. First trip to Jamaica, but because of Lost Beach it will not be our last. Love this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

jamaciafunk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

tis place is superb i have been traveling to jamacia and this is the nicest place i have stayed yet i am very satisfied with service gave me the privacy i needed and the housekeeping kept my room clean

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Jamaica at the last minute. We wanted a real romantic getaway... We are both french but at that time he was living in NY and I was living in Paris. I was supposed to come to NY for one week but we needed to get out of city life.
Anyway, I choose Lost Beach Resort because even if we only had one week, we didn't want to spend it in a "tourist factory". This place seemed quiet, preserved and quiet and guess what ? It is !

I booked the honeymoon suite because the deal was great.

When we arrived at Montego Bay, we took a cab. The driver had no freaking idea of where Lost Beach was. He was very nice with us and even stopped to buy 2 cold "red stripe" beers so we could "have a first taste of Jamaica.
We were finally able to find the resort but arrived late. When we arrived to our room, the jacuzzi (or hot tub, not sure of the english word) was already working and two light meals and fresh fruits waited for us... GREAT !

The suite was perfect, we even had fresh flowers on the bed. At night, we heard some noises on the roof. As opposed to what another tripadvisor member said, rats can't cause that kind of noises. It definitly seemed to be the sound of badgers. They are totally inoffensive and in the south of France we have them in many attics, it is very common.

When we woke up the next day, the view from our balcony was beautiful. We ate at the hotel's restaurant and it was very good.

If you want to do some sightseeing, ask for a driver at the resort but be sure to pay for the service AT THE RESORT and not directly to the driver. We had a great time and we even went on a trip with the local fishermen and discovered some hidden places and did snorkeling while they were fishing.

We LOVED this place and wanted to stay longer...

Have a nice trip !

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

An amazing place to experience the real Jamaica: Lost Beach Resort is comfortable and welcoming; it instantly feels like home. Wake up each morning to gorgeous sunshine and the sea right outside your apartment. The restaurant has absolutely delightful food -- Try the Jamaican Dread Sandwich and Ackee Lasagna (I would have eaten both at every meal if I could!) The environment is quiet and serene, yet provides much to do without any hassle. The staff is fantastic and conscious of your needs, get to know these wonderful people! You will have the BEST time at Lost Beach and experience beautiful culture!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

My stay at Lost Beach Resort was amazing. It is isolated from other large beaches and has a gorgeous secluded beach. It also has a pool right on the beach if you aren't into the ocean. The rooms were not run down in my opinion and the housekeeping always did a good job. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating to whatever I wanted to experience in my stay. The food is authentic and true to Jamaican culture, (I personally fell in love with the Jamaican dread sandwich) the Red Stripe beer is not always served ice cold, due to the fact that traditionally it is meant to be drank warmer. You can get a cold beer if you want one however, if you ask. Jennifer was someone I really enjoyed in my stay too, she arranged many different trips off the resort quickly and efficiently. It upsets me that someone would put down Lost Beach so much when I intend on returning a second time and maybe more in the future. I would not even stop to think twice about staying at this resort again, it was a truly magical experience. If you are looking for a more secluded and cultural Jamaican stay with much to do and a lot of fun Lost Beach is the answer, if you are looking for an American burger on a beach, go to Sandals.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

I just recently returned from my third stay at Lost Beach, and I must say, I love it more everytime I go! The people there are so welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The traditional jamaican food at the restaurant is beyond delicious. After reading the last review I am upset to hear all the horrible comments. Jennifer the manager is wonderful, and always eager to accomodate. I have NOTHING but wonderful things to say about this resort. If you are planning a trip to Jamaica and want a truly Jamaican experience this is the place to go. It is far enough away from the hustle of Negril to feel like you have truly escaped, yet close enough (20ish minutes) to go into town at anytime. Lost Beach also has many day trips/excursions to keep you entertained. I recommend horseback riding on the beach/ in the ocean, fishing with Bora the hotel's fisherman, taking a trip to Little Bay, or Mayfield Falls (one of the most beautiful places I have seen). I would not hesitate to return any day of any week and recommend this resort to the person who wants to truly experience Jamaican life and culture.

US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

The good news is that Lost Beach is right on the ocean!

The bad news follows,

My significant other and I wasted tons of money and our precious time at this place. The service and cleanliness were horrific and they were very low on supplies while we were there. You can actually hear rats move around through the bamboo ceiling above your bed at night -- I don't care if they aren't supposed to bite YUCK!!!! Have you ever had a salad without the lettuce? Have you ever had a cold beer without the beer? The manager Jennifer is never around and when she is she doesn't seem to be concerned about the guests. Lost Beach sure doesn't seem to be doing well at all financially. The rooms are really run down and the hot water is non-existent. Jamaica's great, but we wouldn't ever stay at Lost Beach again even if it was free. We ended up in Negril finally. We had a spectacular time there. It's just so beautiful in Negril!

Beware of Lost Beach!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Lost Beach Resort? Share your experiences!