“Stumbled upon a great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Stumbled upon a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stumbled upon Aunties after being ripped off by paying $9 for an orange juice and a red stripe, we noticed the sign which was advertising red stripe for $2!

My husband and I sat down for a refreshing beer and got talking to a cool guy from Chicago by the name of Danny. He had been coming to the area for a number of years and knew all the boys who worked there. We got chatting about day to day things and decided to order the grilled conch with rice and peas. Our chef was Bobby who took his time preparing our meal and it was well worth the wait. I have to mention Aunties resident Jerk sauce, which I believe was made by Bobby's grandmother, it was the tastiest jerk I have tasted to date during my stay in Jamaica.

The lads made my husband and I feel very welcome and we had a great chat and stayed for a couple of hours. So if you are ever visiting seven mile beach, take a trip here and you will not be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013

Savannah, Georgia
“love this little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

awesome staff. they take great care of this place. loved the patties, banana chips, and ginger beer they sell. they place rocking music too!

Visited May 2013
Brookville, Ohio
“Best place on 7 Mile Beach to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is seriously some of the best Fresh homemade Jerk Chicken on the beach. If you walk away hungry from here it is your own fault. Not to mention for the price it is also the "Best Value". Loved the atmosphere and hospitality. JJ and his brothers are great cooks and people to just hang out with and talk to in the evening. It doesn't matter if when it is, if there isn't something cooked that you want, sit down enjoy the local music and an ice cold beer and they are all happy to fix you a nice fresh meal of whatever you want on the menu!!! Try a "Patty" also - YUMMY they hit the spot. So if you make it to 7 mile beach stop in and say "HI" have beer and some Jerk Chicken you won't regret it!

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“If you travel to Negril you must not miss Auntie's Thrill Corner on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely a must visit if you want to experience the most authentic Jamaican food on the beach!!! Cousins Bob,JJ,Leo and Angela have transformed their Uncle Everton's patty shack...this fun and lively group uses their Auntie's delicious (secret)recipes and delivers unforgettable fresh fish,grilled lobsters,brown stewed and jerk chicken in a kick back and entertaining atmosphere. Great music, "full body contact dominoes" and lots of interesting and entertaining characters are all part of the mix...I've been going to Negril for over 32yrs and I am so happy Auntie' Thrill Corner is such a great throwback to the authentic family places on the beach...tell Bob Kathy said you could have her grilled snapper:-)
Kathy K-Chicago

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stopped in during our late morning walk and ended up staying for lunch. The sign said they had Ackee and Saltfish, which I love but the hotels charge too much for it. Not only did they make it, but Abby let me watch her and she gave me a step by step lesson on how to make the dish. They were very accommodating and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants the real thing on the beach. It isn't fancy, but that is part of the charm. My husband had a beef and a chicken patty, which he said were very good and he used the homemade jerk sauce.

• Visited March 2013