“If you travel to Negril you must not miss Auntie's Thrill Corner on the beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cheap Thrill Corner

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely a must visit if you want to experience the most authentic Jamaican food on the beach!!! Cousins Bob,JJ,Leo and Angela have transformed their Uncle Everton's patty shack...this fun and lively group uses their Auntie's delicious (secret)recipes and delivers unforgettable fresh fish,grilled lobsters,brown stewed and jerk chicken in a kick back and entertaining atmosphere. Great music, "full body contact dominoes" and lots of interesting and entertaining characters are all part of the mix...I've been going to Negril for over 32yrs and I am so happy Auntie' Thrill Corner is such a great throwback to the authentic family places on the beach...tell Bob Kathy said you could have her grilled snapper:-)
Kathy K-Chicago

• Visited April 2013

91% Recommend
Philadelphia, PA
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stopped in during our late morning walk and ended up staying for lunch. The sign said they had Ackee and Saltfish, which I love but the hotels charge too much for it. Not only did they make it, but Abby let me watch her and she gave me a step by step lesson on how to make the dish. They were very accommodating and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants the real thing on the beach. It isn't fancy, but that is part of the charm. My husband had a beef and a chicken patty, which he said were very good and he used the homemade jerk sauce.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenwich, Connecticut
“From the ocean to the grill to the plate, have a cold beer while you wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just returned from another fabulous 2 week stay on Negril Beach. Of course, I had to see my old friends Gunshot, Bobby, RJ, Leo and Abba at the Cheap Thrill Corner. Wow! what major improvements they have made.I absolutely and truly believe 100% from my 10 years of going to Negril Beach, that I have truly found a peice of HEAVEN! The food is as fresh as can be! From Abba hand cutting the fresh chickens to prepare for the brown stew chicken and jerk chicken. To Bobby, hand cleaning the grill everyday to ensure the grilled food always tastes its BEST. To RJ, tending to the lobster trap that houses fresh lobster that you, yourself hand pick to eat. I myself, had a great oppurtunity to assist RJ in swimming out to the trap and bringing it back to the beach to handpick the lobster I had for lunch. Something of which I will truly cherish. This is the most hardworking and happy family I am proud to call my friends. They all work together each day doing their own part in the resturant to make your dining experience an absolute delight! It truly is like eating at your Auntie's. I have grown to love these people and their friends so much that my wife and I spent most of our trip with them. They are truly an up and coming Negril dining establishment and remember, "Fresh is always best!" To Bobby....Soon Come! Captain Gus

• Visited March 2013
Washington DC
“Sea to table--amazing foodie experience in Negril”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

For a TRUE foodie--that is, someone who appreciates food on every level--you can't beat a dinner, locally sourced and arranged just for you from this unassuming spot!

I got to participate in my meal, from the pulling of the lobster trap from the sea and choosing our lobsters--to choosing the fish that they prepared for us.

We opted to have our lobsters grilled with butter and garlic and had the fish both brown stew-style and spicy roasted. Served with rice and peas and homemade breads and salad. A great meal at a fair price and you're giving your money to local people who work hard and are preparing a meal just for you.

Auntie's is located next to Sea Splash hotel. Easy to miss.

One of our best meals in Negril and the best lobster ever in life!

• Visited February 2013
Nebraska
“Sons of Joe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is one of the most fun and yummy places to eat and drink!! You will be amazed by the delicious food they cook there! If you want to eat real jamaican food, they have curried chicken, brown stew, yams dumplings, rice and peas and more...If you want jerk chicken or lobster hot off of the grill, they have that too...You can pick your lobster, and watch them clean and cook it if you like..So tender and buttery...The guys that own it are brothers...Leo, Jon Jon, Bob and Jr...They are such fun guys!! There dads name is Joe, so my husband calls them "Sons of Joe." They also have fresh hot patties everyday...

• Visited February 2013