“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Philadelphia, PA
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stopped in during our late morning walk and ended up staying for lunch. The sign said they had Ackee and Saltfish, which I love but the hotels charge too much for it. Not only did they make it, but Abby let me watch her and she gave me a step by step lesson on how to make the dish. They were very accommodating and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants the real thing on the beach. It isn't fancy, but that is part of the charm. My husband had a beef and a chicken patty, which he said were very good and he used the homemade jerk sauce.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenwich, Connecticut
“From the ocean to the grill to the plate, have a cold beer while you wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just returned from another fabulous 2 week stay on Negril Beach. Of course, I had to see my old friends Gunshot, Bobby, RJ, Leo and Abba at the Cheap Thrill Corner. Wow! what major improvements they have made.I absolutely and truly believe 100% from my 10 years of going to Negril Beach, that I have truly found a peice of HEAVEN! The food is as fresh as can be! From Abba hand cutting the fresh chickens to prepare for the brown stew chicken and jerk chicken. To Bobby, hand cleaning the grill everyday to ensure the grilled food always tastes its BEST. To RJ, tending to the lobster trap that houses fresh lobster that you, yourself hand pick to eat. I myself, had a great oppurtunity to assist RJ in swimming out to the trap and bringing it back to the beach to handpick the lobster I had for lunch. Something of which I will truly cherish. This is the most hardworking and happy family I am proud to call my friends. They all work together each day doing their own part in the resturant to make your dining experience an absolute delight! It truly is like eating at your Auntie's. I have grown to love these people and their friends so much that my wife and I spent most of our trip with them. They are truly an up and coming Negril dining establishment and remember, "Fresh is always best!" To Bobby....Soon Come! Captain Gus

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC
“Sea to table--amazing foodie experience in Negril”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

For a TRUE foodie--that is, someone who appreciates food on every level--you can't beat a dinner, locally sourced and arranged just for you from this unassuming spot!

I got to participate in my meal, from the pulling of the lobster trap from the sea and choosing our lobsters--to choosing the fish that they prepared for us.

We opted to have our lobsters grilled with butter and garlic and had the fish both brown stew-style and spicy roasted. Served with rice and peas and homemade breads and salad. A great meal at a fair price and you're giving your money to local people who work hard and are preparing a meal just for you.

Auntie's is located next to Sea Splash hotel. Easy to miss.

One of our best meals in Negril and the best lobster ever in life!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nebraska
“Sons of Joe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is one of the most fun and yummy places to eat and drink!! You will be amazed by the delicious food they cook there! If you want to eat real jamaican food, they have curried chicken, brown stew, yams dumplings, rice and peas and more...If you want jerk chicken or lobster hot off of the grill, they have that too...You can pick your lobster, and watch them clean and cook it if you like..So tender and buttery...The guys that own it are brothers...Leo, Jon Jon, Bob and Jr...They are such fun guys!! There dads name is Joe, so my husband calls them "Sons of Joe." They also have fresh hot patties everyday...

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“This is what Jamaica is all about!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Auntie's Thrill Corner is THE place to stop on 7-mile beach if you're looking for a "true" Jamaican meal! Be careful that you don't walk buy it (it's next to the Treehouse Resort). Within minutes of arriving, you'll feel like you're a guest in a friend's home. The food is top notch and served up with a smile at a very fair price - much less than if you went to a tourist trap establishment.

Folks, this is a different culture and a different country. Don't expect the glitz and glamour of a US restaurant. Also don't expect to be waited on "hand-and-foot". There's no prep-cook filled kitchen so it may take a bit of time for your meal to arrive while they prepare it over hot coals for you. Relax and have another Red Stripe!

Don't forget to grab a patty if you're just strolling by on the beach....heck, grab two - you'll be glad you did. They're awesome!

We ate here three times in four days and I can't wait to return to Jamaica just to stop here!

• Visited November 2012