“A sunset not to be forgotten” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Moscow Mills, Missouri
“A sunset not to be forgotten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We weren't guests at the hotel but our taxi driver knew of the restaurant and brought us there. We sat out on the lovely stone patio and ate over looking the ocean. The food was wonderful, the view was fantastic and the combination of the two makes it one of the best meals of my life.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The SPA Retreat, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are truly honored that you feel your experience was one of the best meals of your life! Always cognisent of the relationship between food and health, our talented Chefs provide fresh, all natural options while maintaining savory taste amidst a memorable backdrop. Until next time, one love.

Colleyville
“Nice relaxing atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at the Spa Retreat last year for a little couples getaway. We loved the location of this restaurant. The head chef was super nice and accommodating. My husband wasn't impressed with the local food, but the Chef at the Blue Mahoe was able to make him something more American. He was happy and satisfied. The banana pancakes were some of the best pancakes I've ever had in my life. If we ever make it back to Jamaica, this will be our place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have you as our guests. Our chefs were happy to prepare customized dishes that your husband found satisfying. As we recognize that no two taste buds are alike, our team focuses on providing a unique and personalized experience for each of our guests. We are humbled that you have chosen The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel as your exclusive destination when traveling to Jamaica and look forward to your return one day!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food and service great for Negril and right up there by us standards too. Location location location !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved blue mahoe so much we came back the next day to check it out in the daylight . Our kids met the owners dog and spent an hour jumping off the cliff with her while we enjoyed a COLD red stripe by the bar. The renovations to this property are quite beautiful and were done right. We hope to come back next year!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review! What a pleasure to have you visit with us during your time in Negril. We are delighted that you can appreciate the innovative design and must agree, the cliff side location is fantastic (especially at sunset)! We look forward to having you as guests of The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel next year for many more cliff dives with Rosa, soon come!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent place for a group dinner or romance!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I used Trip Advisor to look for restaurants in Negril to host my groom's dinner (party of 8) before my wedding in May 2013. It isn't always easy to choose places over the internet, but I saw the reviews and photos and picked the Blue Mahoe. They really took great care of us. I requested the shuttle service from the restaurant and they picked up my finance and I promptly, then stopped at several hotels and resort along the way to pick up the rest of our party. I had timed the dinner for sunset and the view was perfect. The hostess was absolutely amazing!!! She wasn't intrusive, just super attentive. The atmosphere was so relaxing and it felt very intimate. The restaurant had reserved the patio table for us by my request and it could not have been better. All of the food and drinks arrived as ordered, fresh and hot, and the servers quickly ensured all was well. I got huge bonus points with my fiance's family for my arranging everything so perfectly, but all of the credit is deserved by the Blue Mahoe...they really took care of us and helped the night go perfectly. By the way, the food was fantastic too!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for writing about your experience at Blue Mahoe Restaurant! We are thrilled to learn that our team was able to provide an impressive experience for you and your soon to be family. Until next time, one love!
Gueydan, Louisiana
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I were in Negril in May. We love eating on the cliffs. The food and scenery at the Blue Mahoe was incredible! We ate there twice while in Negril for 8 days. Incredible place to watch the sunset! Cannot wait to go back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you chose to join us not once but twice for our organic cliff side dining experience. We look forward to your return one day where we hope to also have you as a guest of The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel! One love.