“Heavenly experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 89 Hotels in Negril
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Heavenly experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I took an impromptu trip to Negril and were pleasantly surprised. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and were assigned an ocean view room with a balcony. At that point, we thought we had arrived! The scenery was perfect! The next day, we couldn't close the safe and the manager swiftly came to our rescue. After many attempts, he notified us that the safe was inoperable and apologized for our inconvenience. In return, he upgraded us to room 131, which was heaven on earth! We can't describe in words our reaction as we stepped out to the balcony every morning thereafter. It was just amazing!!! We are also very appreciative of all their staff. Customer service was absolutely fantastic which made our stay even more unforgettable. They took care of very detail with a smile and happiness. We highly recommend this hotel if you want to reconnect and get away from the everyday stress of work.

Room Tip: Room 131 is a real treat!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very nice resort. Great atmosphere. Great room. Great food. Very modern with a pool, Jacuzzi, and a gym. Nice staff. Lovely owner. When in negril Sandy Haven resort is the spot! Would recommend this resort to friends and family.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place has a wonderful ambiance that is complemented by the excellent service! We were welcomed and pampered by the staff from day 1. There was power outage as a result of storms during our stay. If the cable had not gone out, we would have never known we were on generator power....impressive for a small hotel. If you like private beaches and personalized service in paradise, this is the place! We plan to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My fiancé took me to Jamaica for my birthday! He found this place on a livingsocial deal and we don't know what to expect. We had a fabulous stay, everyone was friendly, very clean, the fish we had at their restaurant I will never forget because it was so good! We even met the owner at breakfast and she told all the staff it was my b day! Anywhere I went they told me happy b day! They sent a card to my room and did the cutest set up for us. I will never forget this place and we have told so many people to stay there. I love this place!

Stayed July 2014
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is the 2nd time I stayed at Sandy Haven and I still love it! The staff are so nice and accommodating. Housekeeping keeps your room spotlessly clean. We had no issues with water temp or pressure, however we were on the ground floor. Unfortunately, I booked an oceanview room, but they gave me a garden view saying they were sold out. Not cool. The location seriously cannot be beat. There are ample loungers and they have a nice chunk of the beach for the property. Linton makes the BEST pina colada I've ever had. Check in is fast and painless. Wish they were some night entertainment....Included breakfast could be better i.e. the fruit has zero flavor and the breads are eh. But, the saving grace is the Jamaican French Press Coffee! That is worth it all in itself IMO. I will be coming back for sure and recommend Sandy Haven

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had a very good stay here, the staff members were professional and helpful, the rooms were clean. I was very impressed with the hotel and the amenities. Breakfast was lovely overlooking seven mile beach. The hotel is modern and there is a gym. Kennisha at reception was wonderful very professional and pleasant. I would recommend Sandy Haven and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for four days first time in jamaica i was expecting a very enjoyable time . As we check in front desk receptionist was nice .The following day we left the room to go to the beach and to return to a dirty room , called for house keeping 3 times until I physically walked to the guest services and they were very rude did not fully clean the room she left the dirty cigarette buts stained sheets on the couch n did not mop the dirty floor , the following day same situation occurred the complementary breakfast is some dry fruits n bread covered with a million ants running all over u r food , not to mention that u don't get cereal or eggs just dry bread n fruits everything else u have to pay . I also had a guest come visit me and was told that we cannot have guest which is pretty sad being you paid your money to a non all inclusive hotel and are being treated as your in prison the rooms are nice and the hotel is kept and maintained very nice it's the staff that makes this review what it is a total total joke . Understand you will not get good customer service dealing with such trash pay a little more and go to a all inclusive hotel somewhere else .

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Sandy Haven Resort? Share your experiences!