“AMAZING Vacation!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #36 of 91 hotels in Negril
“AMAZING Vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We cannot say enough about Sandy Haven Resort! This was my 9th trip to Negril and I don't think I will stay anywhere else. The staff was amazing and the hospitality was unmeasurable! The beauty of the property made it a perfect escape, while giving us a great sense of safety, but freedom! If you want to avoid an all inclusive (although they have a package for that too if it is your thing!) then I suggest you check it out. Pops and the security staff, as well as the waitresses, bartenders and cleaning staff were all amazing and made us feel like family.

As for the rooms, they are beautifully decorated and have every luxury and convenience. It is definitely our new home away from home! Thank you for an amazing vacation!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SHRsm, Manager at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest it gives me great pleasure to hear of your wonderful experience at Sandy Haven; we strive to ensure that our property stands out with exceptional service which is the backbone for hospitality. I will definitely convey your warm regards and appreciation to the staff who have made your stay a truly unforgettable experience. Sandy Haven will always continue to be your home away from home and we are definitely looking forward to your next visit.

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hands down, the is the best place to stay in this area! One walk up the beach (either way) and you will know you made a good choice. My boyfriend & I, along with my parents stayed here for week & had a wonderful time. The property does have a few drawbacks though..no ice machines & the beach bar doesn't like to share ice. The hot tub was closed as mentioned long ago & who knows when it will be reopened. The onsite food was very pricey. The pool was closed many times during our stay. Good things outweighed the bad overall!! My top floor, ocean front room was wonderful!! What a breeze we could cath up there :) The food at Bongos 's was good, and they do have a 2 for 1 menu 1 night during the week that we took advantage of which made up for some of the other days. The free breakfast was JUST enough. Fresh fruits w/ toast & a muffin. Sure it's not eggs & gravy & sausage, but it was just enough to get us through the morning to lunch. Walk across the street to BEST in the WEST...gotta have the jerk chicken. Go a little further down the same way & keep going until you get to the outdoorpizza joint, sorry I forgot the name, but if you just keep saying pizza, the folks will direct you. Thin crust pizza was awesome and affordable. Yes, the beach has peddlers, this is a counrty that thrives off of tourism, so the people make a living off of the beach. What do you expect?? The folks will not harm you!! We walked down the beach EVERY night..some nights we staggered..lol & no one bothered us! Make your way ALL the way down towards the cliffs (away from Margaritaville) to Kuyaba...and have dinner in the tiki hut at sun down. You will not be idssapointed!!

Room Tip: Of course the ocean from is the best. High up & corner rooms are great. They catch the best wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a great little boutique property. I was welcomed on arrival by Kayon I hope I spelled it right? She was very nice and professional. I also enjoyed my room which was nice. Seven Mile beach is an awesome place to go. One of the best part was actually off the hotel at Rick's Cafe when the local kids just jump off the cliff, I have never seen anything like it. Overall great hotel and great vacation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

7 mile beach is beautiful and that is the only redeeming quality of sandy haven. The staff is unprofessional, unfriendly, and worstly expectant of tips for poor service. When we gave the bellman $200 jmd for taking our 2 small suitcases to a cab, he claimed he couldnt buy anything with that. The reviews on the breakfast are true, it takes forever and is not worth it. No hot water in the rooms and the fridge only fits beer or wine bottles. Worst of all, though, are the owners who favour lighter skinned people, and it is so obvious. Look at their responses to reviews, and you can already tell they are rude and feel superior to everyone else. This place could ruin your trip.

Room Tip: Beachfront, better yet stay away
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where to begin. Upon arrival to the resort we were greeted by Pops followed by delicious rum punch. We had a first floor oceanfront room that had a view that was breathtaking. The Jamaican Breakfast is a MUST you won't be disappointed. Andre and Orlando are two of the BEST bartenders. Melissa was one of my favorite waitresses. The beach is very relaxing. The resort has security at the entrance as well as the beach area to make sure your safe. Overall I can truthfully say I did not want to leave and I'm already planning my next trip back.

• Stayed July 2013
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights at the end of July and had the most wonderful time at Sandy Haven. After a long day of traveling, we were welcomed at the front desk with refreshing rum punch brought promptly to us. We stayed in the 2nd floor in a garden facing room. We did have 1 problem with our toilet, however it was fixed, the staff was very attentive to us at all times. Some shoutouts worth mentioning: Loyette our waitress was always incredibly friendly and provided great service at both breakfast, and dinner ; Kayon gave us impeccable service for all our random front desk requests and at the shop at the front of the hotel, and our taxi requests. We also cannot forgot Merrill, our wonderful housekeeper that kept our room tidy and even helped us get a mattress pad for our bed. Orlando + Andre were also super friendly at the bars, providing great conversation and gave us tips on what to do while visiting Negril. The staff really made for a wonderful vacation while visiting Jamaica, and we have already talked about coming back to this hotel with friends and family.

Room Tip: Any room is good! we stayed all the way in the back upstairs and we loved it! Very spacious compared...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our 4th stay at Sandy Haven, and it just gets better and better. The room was as comfortable and beautiful as ever, and the beach was as gorgeous as ever. The breakfast was outstanding. They have mastered Blue Mountain coffee and brew it to perfection. The fruit plate is fantastic. Over four days and with a group of seven we tried just about everything on the menu and it was all delicious. In fact all their food is good, we had all our lunches there and we did dinner at Bongo's one night. Their Jamaican dishes are excellent. The service has gotten better too. Melissa, Andre and Pops are unfailingly helpful and pleasant. I love the turn-down service at night. We always got fresh towels which was a nice bonus. I also love that there are thick fluffy towels everywhere on the beach and at the pool. Beautiful property, the decor is magazine-worthy, lots of detail, and the garden area is lovely and tropical.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are my favourites, especially Room 115, at the end. I could wake up and walk ou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sandy Haven Resort? Share your experiences!