“Got exactly what I needed in Negril!” 5 of 5 stars

Sandy Haven Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #38 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Got exactly what I needed in Negril!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at Sandy Haven Resort for the last four days and wished that I could have stayed longer. From the moment I arrived, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The staff knew my name before I even told them who I was. Throughout my stay I was greeted with my first name and a smile.

My room was spacious, clean, and well appointed. One of my favorite things to do was sit on the balcony at sunrise and write. Later in the day, I took walks on the beach, enjoyed the cool water, and read a few books.

I traveled solo to this resort and not once did I feel out of place or lonely. I had two fabulous massages. Angie gave me the best deep tissue massage of my life. The next day it was followed up with a hot stone massage with Maxine. I would have loved to bring them home with me. And I can't end without mentioning the fabulously delicious food.

I have never before stayed at a small, boutique hotel. The interactions of the owners with the guests was refreshing. It felt like family. And the reception staff was always there to help, especially Sadie.

The only negatives I can think of is that the resort is located next to a club that played loud music all night. The interesting thing is that even though I heard the music, it didn't interrupt my sleep too much. And, I would also like to suggest that solo travelers be drawn into exploring the activities and attractions in the area. I was hesitant to travel outside of the resort alone.

I went to Sandy Haven Resort to heal my spirit and finish writing a book. I was able to do both and for that I am very grateful to the Uekers, Pops, Beverly, Sadie, Maxine, Angie, and the rest of the staff at the resort. I will surely visit again. I hope that by the time I return the gym and gift shop are up and running.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sandy Haven in August 2012 for six days and had a wonderful time. From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our trip. Unlike other reviewers, we never felt as though folks were angling for tips, rather that people were being helpful. The rooms we stayed in were beautiful, clean, and comfortable. Our first room had a leak in the bathroom and my husband mentioned the leak to the owner one morning, asking if he could have someone come in and fix it. Within 30 minutes we had been upgraded to a new, even more beautiful room, without even asking for an upgrade. Breakfast each morning was delicious and the cook was accommodating to my husband's breakfast requests. We liked having the option of getting out to explore lots of local eateries during our stay and the staff was very helpful in provided recommendations. The last night we ate at the restaurant on site and the food was extremely good - so much so that I wish we had eaten there several times during the week. All in all, a lovely place that we will be returning to as soon as we can!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just returned from spending one week at the Sandy Haven Resort! The staff are amazing and go above and beyond to make sure your every need is met. The food is fantastic! The hotel is in the perfect spot with its own private section of beach. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is close to all attractions and restaurants. There is a wonderful area for snorkelling just off the beach. Last but not least, the owners are wonderful hosts! They are so friendly and accommodating! You will absolutely love your stay at this amazing resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is very quiet, clean and comfortable. Rooms are big and newly renovated. Restaurant and Bar are very good. It is located on the best spot of the 7 mile beach, about an hour away from MB airport. Hotel had arrange for a transfer for us and the driver picked us up in a clean and new car. Beach is spotless, it has enough lounge chairs for everybody; it is secure and no one will bother you. Free WIFI everywhere on the beach,bar and lounge. Owner is always on the property making sure that everyone is happy. You are nearby to most of the attractions and restaurants. Sun Dives are an excellent place to dive. Dolphin Cove is not far either. A lot of action on the beach and nearby restaurants and clubs if you want it, otherwise you are in a very quiet and happy place.
We befriended a cab driver during our stay and he was a phone call away and very reasonable compare to other prices we were quoted. His name is Nicholas 876-864-2664

Room Tip: We stayed at the ocean front room 112 overlooking the hotel deck, beach and the ocean. Because of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Schiltigheim, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've spent 1 week in this hotel. I was really pleased of all the facilities, the staff and the room. The location of the hotel is great since you have juste to walk some meters to be in front of the beach. Everything is really clean, even if I think 3 rooms services/housekeeping per day is a little bit too much. It is possible to have cash advance and since I had some problems with my credit card, they could accept also Euro instead of the usual American dollar. The staff is always smiling, it's like a family which take care one of each other. The only bad point was that the jacuzzi was not working correctly as the cardiotraining. If you ask the staff they can arrange the tasfer to the city center or nice palces as for airport transfer (100$ from montego bay airport to negril, 10$ for the city center).

Room Tip: Ask the second floor to have a better ocean view since there are only two floor in the buildings. Si...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel is small and personal, staff and people are very friendly and nice. Good food, music and mood. Lovely service including front desk and security. The beach is wonderful. Sandy haven has its own little private section of the beach with a bar and lounge chairs that is only available for the guests. Really good place to relax. Not recommended for families with little kids though - 13 year olds or older.

• Stayed March 2013
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

A really nice laid back resort with a relaxed vibe. From the start the check in was professional, easy, and well done. Pops showed us to our room and gave us a nice review of the rooms offerings. Pops was great throughout our stay. The rooms are very good sized with a great layout, nice sized bathroom, etc. It is nice to have a spacious safe in the room as well. Air conditioning was great as well. Good water pressure as well which you don't always find in Negril.

The bar and service were good with Orlando and Linton both being very pleasant. We ate on the property probably six time with our four nt stay and it was always good with good service. My wife recieved a massage on the property as well and was quite pleased.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay at a nice new addition on 7 mile beach - Sandy Haven Resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandy Haven Resort? Share your experiences!