Sandy Haven is hands down the nicest of the smaller boutique hotels along the 7 mile beach.
The beach was beautiful, stunning, perfect. The lounge chairs were SO nice and there were always fresh towels.
The rooms were very nice and clean - we LOVED our ocean-view balcony! We did get the mattress pad and it made the bed very comfortable.
The included breakfast was wonderful - french press coffee, fruit, muffins and toast was plentiful and delicious. The breakfast area was so nice, too - just off the beach and the ocean.
We ate at Bongo's a few times and the food was good, but I would recommend checking out a variety of places if you're there for a few nights. Our favorite night eating at Sandy Haven was when they had the beach BBQ with a live steel drum band!
A few gripes:
- Check in and check out took a long time and at each they miscalculated something and almost over-charged us. It wasn't intentional but a bit frustrating.
- The hot tub didn't work or wasn't hot - even after we asked about it a few times it was never fixed.
- Service was overall a little slow, however the staff was lovely. I agree with some of the other reviewer comments that there was a lot of confusion about charging for food/drink, whether to the room or otherwise.
- The bar nor the front desk rarely ever had change for larger bills (whether American or J's).
- The music playing at the beach bar during the day could be irritating. I think it was up to the discretion of whoever was manning the bar, and occasionally some of the younger guys would play a song for one minute, then switch to another. It did not make for a relaxing background while you're lounging on the beach - would have preferred it just be reggae music!
Overall, even with the few gripes, we had a lovely time. Particularly if you get a good deal, I would absolutely recommend Sandy Haven to other travelers. I think if we go back to Negril, we'd spend a few nights on the 7 mile beach and a few nights on the cliffs, where there were several more beautiful boutique type hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive boutique resort built in modern urban style set on the famous 7-miles white sand beach location of Negril with 35 units of luxury guest rooms and suites. The Sandy Haven Resort experience goes far beyond bricks and walls. The prevailing atmosphere is that of a meeting place for friends and colleagues to mingle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandy Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.