“Amazing Trip, Amazing Tour Guide” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 86 Activities in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: When hearing the words "tour company", most people picture the big, stuffy tour bus, packed with strange travelers. JuJu Tours is the complete opposite of that stereotype! We are an American owned company whose number one goal is to meet American standards. While practicing safety and maintaining professionalism is our number one priority, JuJu maintains a very laid-back "vibe" on all of our outings. Our tour guides are both knowledgeable and energetic American and Jamaican nationals. In order to offer our customers the best of both worlds, one female and male tour guide from each country attend all tours – dreadlocks, flip-flops and all. Every outing is completely private, for both big and large groups, allowing our guests to have a more intimate trip and customize the excursion to their liking. No other tour company on the island offers and delivers such personalized experiences. JuJu has over forty tours to choose from. Large groups, families with kids, couples - we have something for everyone. Amongst our array of different choices, both “touristy” and “off-the-beaten-path” excursions are available. Our primary mission, however, is to live up to our tag line “Jamaica Unleashed, Jamaica Uncovered!” Whether it be the secret cliffs to jump from, the limestone caves to explore or the rustic restaurants to enjoy a true Jamaican meal, we aim to help our guests discover Jamaica’s hidden charms and treasures. Proudly, JuJu is also the only company on the island that officially offers nightlife tours to the local dance clubs and reggae beach bars. We understand travelers tend to be hesitant about leaving their resorts, (most especially at night), and that is why two tour guides join all parties inside the venue and take them home at whatever time they choose. We have safe and comfortable vehicles of all different sizes. Roundtrip transportation, admission into all attractions, an authentic Jamaican lunch and beverages (yes, that includes booze!) are included with all tours. We also throw in a complimentary high-res photo CD of each trip for each customer.
Fernley, Nevada
“Amazing Trip, Amazing Tour Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Angie is hands down the best tour guide, and now friend, we could have asked for! We toured the Appleton Rum Factory, Pelican Bar, and Rick's Cafe. Along the way we were able to experience Jamaican culture and even better enjoy authentic food! She was professional, knowledgeable and fun for both tours. The Pelican Bar was truly an experience we won't soon forget. Angie's knowledge of the island and charm made the trip truly exceptional. The price was extremely affordable. She offered us a chance to get away from the resort and really experience what the west end has to offer! Thank you!!! I can't wait to go back! I am missing her JuJu Rum Punch! Much love!

Shreveport, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
“NIght Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I'm a little late writing this review, but I was in Negril Nov 7-15th. I researched & researched and decided that I just had to go snorkeling....... at night! I emailed a few times back and forth with Angie and explained that I would be visiting by myself and would she be able to accomadate me by myself on a night snorkeling trip. She was happy to help & even tried to find someone to go with me. However no one wanted to go which was still fine.
She picked me up Sunday night promptly at 5:30 PM. She provided a lot of background and interesting facts about locations that we passed out to Bloody Bay, where we were taking a boat from.
We sailed out to a reef about 10-15 away from where we started. There was another boat from couples in the area, but they didn't stay long at all.
It was everything I wanted and more, We had underwater flashlights and an underwater camera. I saw a lot of different animals (sea cucumber, lobsters, urchins, starfish, a HUGE crab & other things I can name or remember). We swam about for about 1.5 hours? Cant remember as I lost track of time.
There was only one thing that happened that freaked me out, but I caused it. For some reason I "forgot" that I could swim. After jumping off the boat I was like "Ohhhh Noooo, I'm about to sink to the bottom of the ocean and die with no one to save me". Yes, I had a slight panic attack, not sure why? Probably because of the unknown. Angie asked did I need to get back on the boat, and I was no (I was NOT about to let this chance pass me by!). I was fine after about 5 minutes or so.
After we arrived back at the car, Angie asked where I wanted to eat at, what did I have a taste for. I said something traditional. We went to Sweet Spice & it was delicious and it was included in my trip (to my pleasant suprise!).
At dinner we talked forever like we were old friends!
After she dropped me off, She gave me her number and told me to call her if I needed anything! Which I did, lol.
I cant wait to go back, hopefully soon, and will be definetly giving her a call or email

New York City, New York
“Still the best tourism company in Negril!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went back to Negril for 6 days in November of this year after going for the first time in November of 2012. After falling in love with the area, the locals and everything else Negril has to offer, we couldn't stay away! We decided to book with Juju again and as expected, it was one of the best things we did. We DO want to go where the locals go and see what the locals do, but we aren't comfortable doing it with a random guy from the beach who tries to sell you whatever he can. Oneil from Juju picked us up on time (he actually waited a few minutes while we had a quick breakfast) and we sipped on Rum Punch on the way out to Booby Cay island to go snorkeling. Seymore, the boat captain, went in the water with us and showed us starfish, sea cucumbers, crazy neon colored fish, a sea snake (!) and we were lucky enough to see a sea turtle. We had the same tour last year and it was just as amazing this year!

A few days later, we went to a local school to see the kids and brought some school supplies for them. Talk about an amazing experience. These were the sweetest, most loving kids I've ever met. They ran up and hugged us as soon as we walked in and wanted to be picked up and played with. We spent a little over an hour at their schoolhouse, the teacher showed us around and had the kids perform some numbers and spelling for us. The kids seemed to really appreciate the visit and the time we spent with them. Angi and Oneil made us feel very comfortable (we weren't really sure what to expect) and helped us understand what they kids were saying. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone going to Negril!

If we had more time, we would have done the horseback riding tour for sure! But since this has become an annual trip for us, we decided to save it for next year!

The only thing that is a little bit of a drawback about Negril is the constant selling on the beach. Jamaicans are so laid back which can mean that prices for goods and services can be a grey area. We knew exactly what the prices of the tours were with Angi and she honored them. (She actually gave us a discount as returning customers!) There were no surprises or unexpected fees. We didn't feel obligated to over-tip, but actually wanted to because we wanted her to know that we enjoyed her and her team very much. And on top of all of the great service, this girl works her butt off. She's passionate about what she does and the proof is in these reviews! Happy customers!

Visited November 2013
“Sunset your, pelican bar, rum tour and ricks cafe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We went as a group of 8 and Angie was AWESOME! She was very knowledgable about all of the tours and we considered her as part of our party! The tours we amazing and way worth the money which was cheap. I would go back in a heart beat. Thanks again! We couldn't have had a better time.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Had a blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This tour didn't feel like a tour, it felt like I was hanging out with friends. Day 1 went out on a boat to go site seeing with Angela and Seymore, very relaxing and playful experience, which made me and my GF decide to do a Day 2 tour which was even better, we went diving at Blue Moon, well GF actually dived, but played some fun sports, and had the pleasure to attend a concert with Angela, Oneli and her friends. Angie has me and GF yearning to come back and visit in the future.

I want to say thx again to Angela, and for those looking for a wonderful tour, I highly recommend her to provide the experience