Legends and Samsara are sister resorts meaning you can use the facilities and the all inclusive benefits of both the "resorts". - Let me inform you before starting the review that none of the 2 places can be defined as a resort.
Legends Beach resort, as the name suggests, is a beach front resort- meaning the bar and the restaurant is beach front- none of the rooms are.
Rooms: I found the room more better than the samsara, because the AC actually made the rooms cooler. Still, no iron/ironing board, or hair dryer, no refrigerator.
Bar and food: They have a nice menu for drinks and the bartenders are also nice and always cheerful. they make the drinks quite strong. the food is like samsara. Minimal Choices. the funny part, they have wait staff that serve you the food - like in the soup kitchen. very embarrassing to hold the plate upfront and ask for more food if you think you would need more.
Entertainment: I dont know if they have hired these 3 entertainers or do they just come wandering to this place to entertain the guests but thats all you get in the name of entertainment. there are these 3 guys that were playing jamaican music and singing on their own- they were good but were asking for money from guests that I found weird. these same entertainers were present in of of the nights at Samsara as well.
Beach: AMAZING! the water was blue and calm the best beach to relax in the Sun. I have also being to Mexico but when I compare these two places I feel the water in Jamaica is better.
there are a lot of hawkers in the beach area that continuously be asking you to buy stuff from you. Michael the security guy was helpful in providing us with the beach chairs and umbrella.
I stayed here one night and 3 nights at samsara- I have also given a review about samsara. Both these resorts are considered on the lower price range compared to the other resorts but then you would get what you pay for.
this is not a 24 hour service resort- Bar open from 10am to 11pm. restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner- 3 hours each. Food choices are minimal. So if you are coming to Jamaica for the first time and are looking for am ALL INCLUSIVE experience in the real sense I would not recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the shimmering turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Complimentary roundtrip shuttles transport guests mornings and afternoons to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's famed seaside cliffs, where reefs providing snorkeling and scuba-diving directly off shore. This Jamaica resort offers 50 guestrooms arrayed on the sea side of the street extending through Negril parallel to the beach and across the street in a lushly gardened section. Buildings feature exteriors of pastels and vibrant colors. Ceiling fans and wood-louvered windows provide an alternative to rooms' air conditioning. Decor features tile floors, tropical-wood furniture, and richly colored fabrics. Fresh blossoms strewn about rooms greet guests on arrival. Coconut palms and lounge chairs with soft red cushions line the resort's frontage on Seven Mile Beach. Water-sport rentals, including jet skiing and parasailing, are available. Vibrantly colored buildings, blooming tropical gardens, and an open-air restaurant and beach bar manifest a friendly oasis to meet new friends, enjoy reggae music and discover exotic cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Legends Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril