We just spent 10 days at Legends I Negril and I have to say that I wouldn't go back there,
THE GOOD: the staff - the staff was wonderful and exceptionally helpful. Danielle at the bar could be friendlier. Her personality changed from day to day.
THE BAD: the food. The owner seems to be trying to save money by serving chicken and rice, along with some form of pasta at most lunches and dinners to fill up the guests with very low quality food. Breakfast was the exception where you could get omlets and scrambled eggs made fresh for you. FOODS ARE LEFT UNCOVERED SO THE FLYS ALWAYS HAD AO ETHING TO EAT.
The Ugly: the water. I'm talking about the water served at all meals. It is NOT PURIFIED. One would assume the water that the staff serves you would not be tap water, BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WAS IT IS! Management seemed very unconcerned when guests began getting ill. So ill that some guests had to seek medical attention! I lost more than 3 days of our vacation due to the 'local' water.
The nightclub next door - on 3 different nights the music from next door kept us awake until after 3 am. Granted, management cannot do anything about this, but it ruined our sleep for three nights.
My advice, stay somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the shimmering turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Complimentary roundtrip shuttles transport guests mornings and afternoons to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's famed seaside cliffs, where reefs providing snorkeling and scuba-diving directly off shore. This Jamaica resort offers 50 guestrooms arrayed on the sea side of the street extending through Negril parallel to the beach and across the street in a lushly gardened section. Buildings feature exteriors of pastels and vibrant colors. Ceiling fans and wood-louvered windows provide an alternative to rooms' air conditioning. Decor features tile floors, tropical-wood furniture, and richly colored fabrics. Fresh blossoms strewn about rooms greet guests on arrival. Coconut palms and lounge chairs with soft red cushions line the resort's frontage on Seven Mile Beach. Water-sport rentals, including jet skiing and parasailing, are available. Vibrantly colored buildings, blooming tropical gardens, and an open-air restaurant and beach bar manifest a friendly oasis to meet new friends, enjoy reggae music and discover exotic cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Legends Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril