“Magical” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Muskoka District, Canada
“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Having never visited Jamaica before my husband and I were very excited about the new experiences open to us. Not being 5 star people ( just a number in an assembly line) we felt the Beachcomber would be the perfect fit. We were so right!!!

Our room was spacious and clean the bed was comfortable and the outdoor patio was a great place to have a Red Stripe and reflect on a perfect day.

Location on the beach is perfect and whatever you need in the course of a beautiful sunny day will arrive at your lounger or is just a short stroll away. Fresh juice, in the morning, baked good's, trinkets, the vendors are a big part of the Negril experience and they are all polite and if you take a minute to listen interesting people with great stories.

Okay now the thing that makes a great holiday, magical.... the people!!! Both my husband and I have been in the hospitality business for many years and never have we seen this level of personal service. Paul, he will look after all your needs with a heartwarming smile and he is a fountain of information. You can trust that if he is arranging something for you it will be the best time and the best price. He went out of his way many times for us and always was a willing and very helpful friend. When I come back in April I will be bringing him a CD of my favorite songs as he was so helpful in finding me the best Reggae!!!

Tanesha, Latesha and Jeffrey, Thanks so much for your friendly service, long chats and genuine warmth. A lot could be learned about customer service from the 3 of you!!! Tanesha I miss you already and can't wait to see you soon. You guys ROCK!!

My husband is a chef so we are always quite excited about the food in the various places we travel. Well Chef Juan you are amazing!!! Thank you and your team for the taste of Jamaica that will keep us coming back. I even had Ackee and salt fish for breakfast and it was great!!! The Red Snapper and pastas are delicious and I came home pining for Jamaican fruitcake!!

Ray, who taught me about Cricket, the lady who cleaned our room and hugged me, Irvine who pointed me in the right direction more then once, and the man in the gift shop who brought in some chips for me. THANK- YOU!!!!

I must also mention that a place this warm can't help but attract a clientele to match, we made so many new and special friends that week. Wayne, Dale, Elaine and Diane, thanks so much and next January well you know where we'll be for 2 full weeks!!!

So if you like to be a number, and eat tasteless food in a big factory setting do not come here. If you want to eat real food, make great friends and come home feeling like you can't describe your holiday, because it was so great, The Beachcomber is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Fenwick Island, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

What an awesome trip..thanks to the wonderfu staff at the beachcomber for making our stay great again. This is our second year staying there and we brought our friends with us who enjoyed there self as well. The only problem we had was the water pressure and from my understanding this is a problem in Negril not the hotel. Our housekeeper Maxine was just as wonderful as last year, and our Room as well as the kitchen and the Living room area was always clean.The service was prompt and the Spa on the beach was wonderful.The only thing that I would recommend to bring would be a blender so you can make a Yummy frozen drink. Beachcomber is located right in the middle of seven mile beach and directly next to margaritaville. There are panhandlers, but once they get to know you they don't bother you..The pool was clean , the food was great as well as the drinks.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

The Beachcomber was a great place to stay, friendly staff always there to help you out
The room was Big Nice and Clean The bed was comfortable very cozy,
The Location can not be beat set on a white sandy beach
The food was very good I put on 5 pounds ,
It was easy to get around To the west end of Negril or to walk down the beach
to other bars everyone was very friendly,
I well retrun to the beachcomber Negril again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Lindsay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

We(my wife and I) stayed 11 days all inclusive at this Hotel starting Boxing Day. Lots has been said about the rooms, ours was clean and everything worked. If we had any issue it would be the water pressure but this is true of Negril and not unique to this property. The Beach is excellent and this hotel is located in the middle of the 7 km stretch. No trouble finding shade or getting a lounge chair (ours was waiting for us each day, thanks to Paul). There were peddlers but they were not a bother. The staff was very friendly and appreciative. This Hotel is small and during our stay, very quiet. There were only a few people all inclusive. We ordered breakfast and lunch from a menu and dinner was buffet. Dinner was a bit repetative (fish and chicken) but we like fish and chicken. It was served hot and cooked well. Overall the food was good. Bar service was quick, friendly and lots of options. When they say wine with meals they mean it "period" and do not serve it at other times. Very nice meal served New Years eve including Roast Beef and Lobster. If you are a very particular person there is lots to find fault with here but we enjoyed our stay and would return if it was priced well. Great staff, Lilly, Paul, Tanisha, Jeffrey, Latricia and Maxine deserve your tips.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

We spent 15 days at the Beachcomber Club and enjoyed every minute of it. The most wonderful staff we've ever encountered while on holidays and we do travel often! After being there a couple of days we felt truly at home. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and family and friends joined us. We all found the Beachcomber to be truly a great Jamaican experience. We were AI and the food and drinks were outstanding. The rooms are large and clean - perfect for a family as they have 3 connecting rooms - all with king size beds with the center one having kitchen and laundry facilities. This is not the place for anyone who enjoys the large 5 star hotels with all the options but perfect for the person who loves to be around the local people. The location is fantastic - right in the middle of the 7 mile beach. The water is the best you'll find anywhere. We will return!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

First of all I have to start off by saying what an outstanding staff is at the Beachcomber! They are totally awesome & go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! Tanesha & Jeffrey are the best bartenders & we enjoyed their company immensely. And OH MY GOODNESS....CHEF JUAN is the best!! We had some of the most awesome meals ever there!! Paul & Claude the grounds keepers are very friendly and always busy. The whole staff was exceptional. The owners are very nice also & we enjoyed their company in the evenings. The rooms are very large & spacious and the maids do a great job of keeping them clean! We never sat in our living room, (which was huge, as our bedroom was very large also & that was pretty much all we needed!) as who wants to be inside when you can spend your time on the beach or at the bar with great company? The beach area is also magnificent & kept very clean. Paul & Claude always had our area setup for us in the morning. Our stay was only for a week and it was too short. I would recommend this hotel to anyone & next time I would stay longer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We went there as a day trip as our cruise ship went to Jamaica. We were to spend a day at a resort. This is a run down dump. By using the word resort, one expects toilets that flush, no missing plumbing fixtures, clean pool etc.

If you are looking for a place to stay and be a Vagabond, I'm sure you can get this place for $30 a night.

Sorry it was, what it is!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachcomber Club? Share your experiences!