“What can I say? This trip was fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$145 Early Booking Bonu!!
Ranked #10 of 91 hotels in Negril
Atlanta, Georgia
“What can I say? This trip was fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I have never posted a review from any vacation before but this trip has prompted me to do so. What can I say? This trip was fantastic! This was our third trip to Jamaica. This was the first time we brought our kids and our first to Beaches. My wife’s sister also came with us. This resort did not disappoint in any respect. This review ended up being longer than I intended.......
After a long and tiring travel day culminating in a two hour ride from Montego Bay in the pouring rain, we were greeted by the staff with smiles, cold towels and cold rum punch. This being our third time to Jamaica, this drink is the first thing you need after the journey to get here. Our room was the Honeymoon suite with concierge service in the Montpelier block that had a beautiful view of the lawn, gardens and the ocean. It had plenty of room for our family of five with a large bathroom area and sitting area that had a sofa bed. To our surprise the roll away bed was actually a comfy single bed and not a cot. The sofa bed was OK on comfort but hey, it's a sofa bed. The kids never complained because they were so exhausted by the end of day. It was a short walk to the beach and to the Mill restaurant. Any request that we had of the concierge was granted literally within minutes. Our requests were small like needing shampoo or soap, but it was if they were standing right outside the door. I call for a bottle of shampoo...2 minutes later there they are with a whole four pack or shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc, and not the dinky little bottles you get at most places. I ask for a bar of soap they bring two. I ask for a couple of extra towels, they bring four. The room was cleaned every morning and towels changed as needed. Rooms were turned down nightly. The housekeeping staff is excellent.
The beach is fantastic, huge and very clean. It was raked and chairs reset daily very early in the morning. You never felt crowded on this beach. Plenty of chairs to be had but you need to get the shaded bungalows early because they go fast. We liked that you could use any quantity of beach towels and didn't have to worry if you didn't have them all at the end of the day. We have been to other resorts that made you "trade in" your towels each time. With a family, it is impossible to remember how many towels there are or where they are. No worries here! And the sunsets........you have to see them to believe them.
Food was very good at the Mill and Kimonos and good at Seville and Last Chance. We didn't get a chance to eat at the Italian place. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the food an overall 6.5. We have had better food at other resorts but those resorts were also for adults only. No problem for us though. One thing to remember is that this is a foreign country, not the US. The food all tastes a little different but that's OK. We knew what to expect and it was just fine with us. We enjoyed seafood night that had all you can eat lobster, crab, mussels, oysters, fish, etc. My family loves seafood so we all went nuts. The Jamaican night had many items that were authentic foods, many more that the two other resorts we had stayed at. The other resorts we have stayed at had the typical Jerk chicken and beans and rice. Beaches put out 8 or 10 different things to choose from so you could really get the flavor of the Country. Service in the dining rooms was also excellent and attentive.
My wife and I are certified scuba divers. We did seven dives while on this trip. The dive staff (Shorty, Karen, Damion, etc) were all excellent guides and were very attentive to the safety of all divers. The diving was nice and very relaxing. The icing on the cake was actually on dive #1 on 8/08 in the afternoon. Water was choppy and dark and rain was coming down before we jumped in. But the water was calm at depth and out of nowhere we saw three huge dolphins that swam three circles around us then scooted away. These were not little "flipper" dolphins. They were probably 10-12'. Before writing this review I read a post on 8/11 by someone who was on the same dive! We don't know who he is, but it gave me chills when I read his post because he was there also. I was lucky enough to get two pictures on my cheapy underwater camera!
We went snorkeling five times with the kids and saw many, many schools of fish, two beautiful black eels, puffer fish, stingrays, sea urchins, Lionfish, etc. It is wonderful snorkeling on this side of the island compared with Ocho Rios. We also did the kayak, trike, banana boat, water skiing and played on the beach.
Nightly entertainment is excellent. The staff is tireless and anxious to please. Steel drums, reggae night, afro-carribbean drums with dancing, pool party, beach party, etc. All of it was very entertaining and the acts well rehearsed. Club Liquid is actually open to adults past 11pm on many nights. This place is awesome! They cranked out the dance beat until the early hours of the morning. My kids went with us on "family night" at the club but we couldn't get them to go by themselves (too shy for that I guess). They went to bed early and my wife and I stayed up dancing as late as we dared.....
The staff at this resort were all friendly, hard working, attentive, and energetic. I think this is typical of the Jamaican people overall and not just a show for tourists. If it is a show then they are sure good at it. You cannot get service like this anywhere in the States.
This is an awesome place to vacation with family and to meet people on an International scale. We met people from Belgium, England, Canada, Greece, Asia, France and from all over the US. Even though this place is marketed mostly to families with small children with the whole Sesame Street thing there is actually a ton of things to do for older kids and adults. You will not feel like you're in some cornball "kiddie" resort here. This place was wonderful and will provide many lasting memories for us for years to come. We liked it so much that we pre-booked a vacation to Beaches Turks & Caicos for 2011. If that resort is anything like Negril was, I'm sure we will not be disappointed!

2,976 people have reviewed this hotel

2061
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
Orange County, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

This was our second trip to Beaches Negril and the second trip was just as wonderful as the first. We were traveling with our son and daughter (17 and 15), and they can’t wait to come back next year. The beaches are beautiful and very well maintained, and the hotel grounds are just as beautiful and pristine as the pictures. We have stayed in the same wing of the resort both times that we have stayed there, and both times our room has been clean and very comfortable. Each room has a mini fridge stocked with sodas, juice and waters. You will want to ask for extra water bottles - we went through them very fast. I can’t say enough wonderful things about the staff. We were greeted with a beautiful smile and a friendly “good morning” from everyone. The water activities on the beach are abundant, but there is a lot to do outside of the resort too. A trip to Rick’s should be number one on everyone’s list. The cliff jumping is fun and the sunset is breathtaking. I almost had a heart attack when my 17 year old son jumped off of the highest cliff. There are smaller ones to jump off of for the less adventurous. Next year we plan to try the canopy zip-lining and the falls.
One word of caution – BRING BUG SPRAY!! It is hot and humid, and with that you get bugs. Spray on bug spray as often as you would sunscreen, and you should be fine. You should use it at night as well. I recommend that you spray it on before you leave the airport. This trip I didn’t do that, and I had a few bites before we got to the resort. The itching from the bites can make you miserable, so use the spray often!!
This year my children were old enough to go to the Seville (adults only restaurant), and the food there was amazing!
We had a relaxing and amazing time at Beaches Negril, and we can’t wait to go back!!!!!

Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Food was excellent but hated that we could never get reservations to the japanese restaraunt. Also, I was not happy with the fact that my children who are 14 and 15 and well behaved, could not eat at "The Seville". We had gotten dressed up only to find out they would not serve my children (disappointing). The staff was very friendly and personable. The beach was beautiful and clean. The beds were sooooo comfortable, rooms clean, and fridge always restocked. Loved the work out facility being close to my room. There was so much to do that my kids and their friends never cared to leave the resort. I have already recommended Beaches to friends and co-workers.

evanston wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

fantastic place, too many things to do, kids absolutely loved it, friendliest most attentive staff I have ever experienced. i don't ever hardly travel, this was my first trip internationaly, i could have stayed and lived here, because of the people and the beautiful resort. i will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

We went for our wedding and everyone who came had an absolutely awesome time. Everyone's expectations were so far exceeded that we've already booked another trip for March.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

There's nothing like an all inclusive. You do pay big bucks at first, but then everything is included, leave your wallet at home!! Unlike last year when my family and I had gone on a cruise. The cabins are small, they nickel and dime you to death ($2 for a can of soda??), and dont think about any excursion prices. We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
jarrettsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed our Beaches Family Vacation. It was relaxing for my husband and I, but activites galore for the kids. We stayed for 5 nights and still could not do everything that we wanted. I have five kids: 17, 17, 16, 15 and 14. I was not sure if they would be bored or not. They enjoyed the teen activities and water sports. I can't say enough about the staff. They went over and above my expectations. The overall atmosphere of the resort was just so comfortable and welcoming. I actually got teary eyed as we were boarding the shuttle to the airport. I could've stayed 5 more days! The only thing that was just slightly off was the food. It just wasn't over the top. It wasn't bad, just a little repetative. Kimonos, the Japanese restaurant was outstanding but reservations are required. Our Butler took care of that before we even arrived. The Butler service really added to our experience. There was never a question of what we needed. It was there before we could even ask. I can't wait to go back to Beaches Negril. I would highly recommend it to anyone! Enjoy!
Coleen Porter
Jarrettsville, MD

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!