“Amazing Family Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $335 in Air Credit!
Ranked #11 of 90 Hotels in Negril
“Amazing Family Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and kids a while back (when I was married and my boys were kids). Beautiful place!!!! We enjoyed the pools, sea, water sports, game room (especially awesome to my pre-teen sons), great restaurants, and awesome rooms!!!! I had my first eagle at the local golf course. My sons saw their first topless young lady! All in all one of my very best memories!!! Take your family and build the memories!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Polish first
Cassville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me first begin by saying the Sandals Resorts are amazing! My husband and I visited Sandals in Montego Bay a few years ago and loved the resort and Jamaica. After our trip we knew we had to bring our daughters to visit! Last week we spent 5 nights and 6 days at Beaches Negril. We had such an amazing time! The moment we arrived we were greeted by Natalie and immediately felt the amazing hospitality. We were upgraded to an amazing beach front suite with concierge service. Dalton then arrived to bring our bags to our room. He was so attentive to our wishes and remembered our names all week when we saw him throughout the resort! I will begin to tell you about all the amazing things we loved!
1. Beach: OMG! This beach is beautiful! We could walk out into the crystal clear and calm waters and see amazing things. One day we just picked up a starfish very close to the beach! The water sports were amazing too! We took advantage of most of the water sports and my daughter loved snorkeling!
2. Restaurants: Our favorite was by far the Venetian. It is an Italian restaurant and you have to make reservations. We loved the food and service! We also liked the Kimonos. The staff was super friendly and great food! All the food was good, but for a quick bite we loved the pizza!
3. Bars: Our favorite place to hang out was the main pool swim up bar. I have to give a big shout out to Jodi W.!!! LOVED her and she was always so friendly and could make amazing drinks! She helped arrange our cab ride to Rick's Cafe and it was perfect!
4. We also had our pictures made by the photographer Desroy! He did an amazing job! I still think he captured my favorite picture of all time of my daughter! Thanks you so much Desroy!
5. ENTERTAINMENT STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! By far Beaches knows how to entertain guests! The entertainment staff was amazing in every way! My 15 year old daughter had such a great time and made some amazing memories along with friends! I have to give a huge shout out to RAYON, O'BRIEN AND TRISHA!!!!! They all made sure all of us had an amazing time! Trisha was so nice and always stopped to visit with us and made sure our daughter was making friends and getting involved! O'Brien became an immediate friend to our whole family and even helped my husband and I acquire information about real estate around Jamaica! Went way above and beyond the call of duty! RAYON is amazing! My daughter was so sad the day we had to leave, because she didn't want to leave her new friends! Rayon always made sure she was involved in an activity! She ended up being in the fashion show with Rayon and can't stop talking about how fun it was! Not only does the entertainment staff ensure the kids are having a great time, but they are also so friendly to the adults! Rayon helped me pick my Jamaica Christmas ornament on our last day! When it was time to leave both O'Brien and Rayon were there to send us off and say goodbye. O'Brien spent about an hour with us waiting for our bus to get there. It meant a lot to our family and we for sure will be back to see our friends!!
Lastly I have to say Adrian the general manager is the best! He is so friendly and always stops to ensure everything is going great. We really appreciated his hospitality!

We are making plans to go back next year and will probably call Beaches Negril our vacation home! We thought about trying out other Beaches resorts, but I don't think we want to go anywhere else!
My daughter and her fiance leave in 14 days to spend 6 nights there and I can't wait for them to have the experience that we had! Thank you everyone at the resort! Even though we do not know everyone by name we did not come across anyone who wasn't friendly or willing to ensure our stay was perfect all the time! See you next year!!

Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There are so many reviews, I'm not sure how much I can add! But we loved our time at this property. No, it is not as huge and fancy as Beaches Turks and Caicos, but it is not as costly either. And we found it easy to run back and forth to our room at this property. The Kimonos restaurant had just opened while we were there, and my 9-year-old declared it the best restaurant he has ever been to! We tried out lots of water sports and really enjoyed the new water playground. There was one night when the property next door to Island Village (where we stayed), as described in some reviews, had an epic party; the kids slept through it and my husband had ear plugs, so only I stayed awake through that. I had a massage the next day and felt just fine after ;) We'd love to go back.

Room Tip: Calypso Cove may be quieter; Island Village is close to the water park and many restaurants.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Shelly is the best staff and friend I've ever met and she is the reason I'm begging my dad to come back for the 8/9th time at beaches negril I love it there but Shelly has been the best person you can ever be friends with please give her a promotion but don't send her anywhere better because I want to come back and see her next year. And I want her to come to England and go on X factor because she has the most amazing voice ever! She is the best performer there!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Exceptional service from Denesha and Sillion, in particular. The beach is insanely gorgeous. The resort itself is a little dated, but the staff goes above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. I only wish we hadn't been there during a rainy week because we were eaten alive by the mosquitoes. Requested a higher floor after the first few days, but they were unable to accommodate the change.

Stayed April 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We travel very regularly and are most comfortable with Ritz-Carlton, Disney and Marriott locations or trips. This was our first vacation using Beaches/Sandals and we had no idea what to expect. It was incredible! I read thousands of reviews of this resort and many others because we wanted to create a memorable family experience for our big 2015 trip. The number one reason this vacation was so amazing was the people that work at Beaches. They engaged with the guests and shared their culture and their hospitality so much more than at other resorts or islands that we've visited. We met some new friends who said they come every year to this resort and now we can see why. We had a concierge 2-bedroom suite with an ocean view. It was a great set up since we brought our three children (ages 10, 8, and 5). It wasn't as close to all the activities, but we had more space to spread out. The water activities were all inclusive, and the food was much better than the reviews I read. There is a new sushi restaurant that we enjoyed and the Stew Fish restaurant on the beach was one of our favorites. They have the tempanyaki restaurant which was very entertaining for the kids. The culture shows and performances at night were fun for the whole family. We really didn't know what to expect, but we were so impressed with the overall vacation. Two other families who rode the bus taxi with us to the airport said it was their first time as well. Both of those families had the same positive experience and feedback. The kids club was great and our kids are already asking if we can go back to this place. When I think of the trip, it all comes back to the attitude, service and hospitality of the employees. They are certainly doing things right there.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the 2 bedroom concierge suite for our family of 5.
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We travelled to Beaches Negril the first week of April, 2015. We are a family of 4 with two boys ages 12 and 15. (We stayed at Beaches Turks and Caicos in April of 2014.)

Room location:
We stayed in two connecting rooms in the Mont Pelier area, in the building closest to the Mill restaurant. We had concierge service. We had a very good view of the ocean. We were steps from the beach, the pool area, the pool bar, the night time bar, the Mill, the Venetian, Dinos pizza. Which made it SUPER convenient to pop back up to the room from the beach or grab anything to eat/drink at almost any time of day. It also was a very quite area and the surrounding grounds were beautiful. It took me one minute to walk down to the Mill in the morning and grab a quick cup of coffee and then sit at the beach to start my morning. The rooms were clean, the maid service excellent. I would highly recommend this location. I walked the entire resort and I feel this is the most beautiful area at the resort. This exact building would be my first choice of any location on the property.

We stayed in a two bedroom, concierge villa in the Key West area at T&C. These types of villas are not offered in Negril. That is because Beaches purchased these existing condos in T&C. They were like renting a condo at the beach but still having the all-inclusive. TONS of room. But this was only in the Key West area in T&C. I think all other rooms at T&C are on par with the rooms in Negril. So it is only an advantage at T&C if you stay in the Key West area in a villa.

If you stay in any other area at T&C, I would say the rooms at both resorts are a tie. But a Key West villa at T&C wins.

Service:
Overall, the service was excellent. There were a couple of employees who clearly did not want to be there. One was at the Mill, the other at Kimonos. VERY bad attitudes. Other than that, all other employees we encounter were EXCELLENT. Concierge service employees were excellent. However, they are way understaffed in that area. Any time we were there, we waited FOREVER. Including at check in. But I feel they just did not have enough employees in that area. The individuals working there provided excellent service...once it was your turn.
Concierge service was worth it. Fully stocked fridge with your preferences. Nice b/c we had bottled beer, which we thought tasted a lot better than the tap they served throughout the resort. Also nice to have lots of cold bottled water whenever we wanted it. 75% of the time the bottled water at the bars was room temp or warmer, so we drank the water from our fridge. Also, having concierge service got us into any restaurant we wanted on any given night. Because we had concierge, we could book all our dining reservations for the entire week the first day we arrived. Other guests told us they could only book 24 hrs in advance. If you didn't have concierge, you still would have gotten to eat at all of the restaurants for sure. Maybe just not at your preferred time or day. It was nice to just make the reservations at the beginning and be done with it. Also, we were able to eat at the Venetian twice, which was our favorite.

Service at T&C was also excellent on every level. We never waited for any thing there and all employees were wonderful.

It is a tie for service at both resorts. Both excellent.

Food Quality:
We found the food quality to be average at all of the restaurants with the exception of The Venetian, it was excellent. We found the overall food quality at T&C to be above average to excellent at all restaurants, with the exception of Booby D's, it was average. The sushi at Soy in T&C is some of the best I have ever had in my live. Soy at Negril was very average. T&C also offers two adult only restaurants with excellent food. The Arizona's at T&C was much better than the one in Negril. Kimonos at T&C was slightly better ran at Negril. Even the options at Dinos pizza in T&C were better.

T&C wins for food quality, hands down.

Activities:
As stated above, we have two boys ages 12 and 15. The water sports provided at Negril are excellent. Our boys water skied, wake boarded, paddle boarded, kayaked, used the Hobbie Cats, and road the banana boat EVERY DAY. This is how they spent their days. We also went snorkeling. There are three different locations they take you to via boat at different times of day to snorkel. All Included!!!!! This really made the trip for our boys.

At T&C, you could hobbie cat or kayak. They had other water sports available that were not associated with the resort, so they were an additional fee. Our kids rode the banana boat there, but we had to pay for it. No provided skiing, wake boarding, or taking a boat out to snorkel.

Negril wins hands down for water sports/activities.

Entertainment
Our boys are too old for the kids club, so I can't speak to that at either resort. The teen clubs at both resorts were equal.

The nightly entertainment at Negril was excellent. The nightly entertainment at T&C was terrible.

Overall Comparison of two resorts:
Overall, T&C is probably three times the size of Negril, which has benefits and draw backs. It is very easy to navigate the resort at Negril. No matter where your room is, you are really not that far from any thing. T&C is so much larger. Depending on where your room is, you can be really far from something. However, b/c it is so much larger, you have many more options when it comes to dining. I think the overall resort at T&C is prettier and while Negril's beach is absolutely beautiful, I think the beach at T&C is better.

Service at both resorts is excellent.
Rooms at both resorts are very good. Villa at T&C is excellent.
Food at T&C is much better.
Water sports and entertainment at Negril is much better.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!