“It feels like home ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“It feels like home ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We just got back from our fourth trip in a row to beaches Negril, and we already are planning our fifth trip. Our family is a family of four with two daughters of ages 14 and 18 (myself) When we first arrived to the resort,the first person we saw was Courtney. We remembered him from last year and apparently he also remembered us, so much so that we didn't even have to get off the van and he was already shouting our names. As we were walking around the resort on the first day, we saw so many familiar faces and it really did feel like we were home. The beach was just like what we remembered, soft sand and a bright blue ocean, it's also the best beach we've ever been to. My dad and I are divers and absolutely love the fact that the diving is included and is so convenient. Our first dive was good and Charles talked me into getting my advanced open water certification and I'm glad I did. Craig took me down for most of my courses and was very patient and really explained to me what he was going to have me do before each dive to make sure I was comfortable. Also on the dive boat the crew, Valentine and Larry, were so helpful and very knowledgeable about each of the dives. Samuel was also a big help for my drift dive course and he also helped us try to put a night dive together.
There was never a moment where you couldn't get anything to eat or drink. The pool bars were great. Lorenzo, Shavoy, and Oneil were hilarious day after day and we would seriously sit around the bar for the longest time just listening to their jokes and making fun of each other.
Our family really didn't do much with water sports but they were always there putting lawn chairs together and laughing at us every time we went down the waterside screaming. I met Alton three years ago when we were there and he's been awesome ever since.
The photoshop is something I really want to brag about. Everyone working there is so kind and helpful. Nicole helped us out a ton throughout the process of looking through pictures and cutting some out. Last year when we came, I took my senior pictures with the sunset. Antwayne was my photographer and I don't know how he did it, but the sun in the pictures look 10 times better than what it did in person. So because we knew he was so good, we requested him to take our pictures again this year and he did not disappoint. Also Nicolette at the photoshop was awesome. There was one night where her shift was supposed to end in 10 minutes and we needed someone to take a few pictures, without hesitation she walked to the beach with us and took way more than what we were planning on. Later, we realized that she was risking missing her bus ride home just to take our pictures. That's just one example that shows that the staff really does care.
The entertainment staff was hilarious and always running around with energy. However, this was the one complaint I had. I remember last year, there were two teen coordinators, Fasha and Nicholas, (sadly, the both had moved on) they were awesome. They were fun, outgoing, and very active. And that was one thing my sister and I were excited for this year was to get together with the teen coordinators and meet other teens and have a good time. This year, It took a good 2 days to even figure out who the teen coordinator was. And even when we figured it out we never saw him recruiting teens to do any of the activities scheduled. We read somewhere that there would be a teen boat cruise. Quite a few teens did go but half the people on it, my mom recruited herself. And on the boat, the teen coordinator hardly even talked to the kids, however I was surprised that he got in the water and swam with us at Margaritaville. The one entertainment person that really did stand out was Caffrrey. He came over to our lawn chairs quite a few times to hang out and talk with my family and he went around to people trying to make them go into club liquid. On our last night a few teens that we met on our own and Caffrrey were all in trench town and we decided we needed to do something fun, so we ran around the resort and found silly things to do and Caffrrey was right there having fun with us while we kept passing the teen coordinator who was just sitting at a table. Really though, being a family resort and knowing teens want to have fun but are shy, they need someone like Fasha back.
Some other people who really stood out were Troy B who worked in the mill but also served us on the beach for the beach party and remembered us everyday since. Our housekeeper Vinette, she never got frustrated when we would come into the room while she was cleaning it and she did an excellent job everyday. Winston at the BBQ grill was always happy to take our orders and was always friendly, he's definitely a hard worker in the small area where it can get pretty hot with the grill. Stephen who waited on us at both Arizonas and the Vanitian, he laughed and made jokes and also remembered us from last year. Lastly, Adrian who worked at the big top bar every night. He always knew exactly what we would like and how strong to make things.
I'm always heartbroken to leave not just because the weather is warm and the resort is beautiful, but mostly because I know I'll miss the staff. The staff is really what makes my family and I want to go back year after year. They have so much energy and you can tell that they genuinely care. There is never a dull moment when interacting with them.

Stayed February 2014
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril. We're thrilled to read that you and your family had another wonderful vacation with us. It's always good to know that we have exceeded the expectations of our return guests, as you are already familiar with our standard.

We can't wait to welcome you back again for another amazing stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Polish first
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Everything from arrival onwards was superb. Staff are friendly and eager to enhance your vacation but not intrusive. Beach dinner hosted by Marjorie was a great experience. Meals at the buffet were uncrowded, diverse, and flavorful with great service by Arica and Falon.

Room Tip: Adjacent rooms provided privacy and ability to supervise the kids.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and I had the most amazing vacation at Beaches Negril! This was our second trip Jan31-Feb7 2014; our first awesome visit was in August 2013 (for my b-day) and we booked this second trip well in advance for my wife's b-day - I didn't think it would be possible, but Beaches Negril somehow even raised the bar since our 1st stay; the resort was absolutely beautiful and all the people worked so hard on every detail to make it the best of times for each guest.
*** Quite frankly I would like to recognize and express my sincere gratitude to every person who worked at Beaches Negril Jan.31 to Feb7 2014. In fact, most of the Beaches Negril team recognized my children and I from our last stay in August 2013.
* KIDS CAMP (ages 5 to 7- Janiel & team) was excellent the entire week, our children loved it whether is was just a quick drop-in for a bit, or a few hours at a time;
* WATERSPORTS: all watersports reps were amazing: Captain Lloyd, Alrick, Howard, Lucien et al - all the waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, snookering, sailing, paddleboarding and more, all included, is just frigin' amazing!!! You'll find a lot of muscles you never use :) and never knew they could get sore ;)
* FOOD: the food is absolutely delicious thanks to our friends Conray & Rlando & everyone in the kitchen, at each BBQ & all restaurants;
* DRINKS: Leggon, Lorenzo, Oneil as well as all the ladies behind the bars always had much cheer to share - good times!
* STEWFISH: Catherine and the Chefs at Stewfish also took great care of us. Sour sap juice and specialty fish dishes and fresh brewed JA coffee for brek on the beach ... oh YEAH MON!! Actually our kids keep saying Stewfish, every time we ask them what they would like to eat, eventhough we've been back in Canada for a couple weeks already
* SPA REDLANES: Couples massage with Sonet and Michaela was soooooooooooooo good
** CONCIERGE: from Day 1 all the way through our stay Lucine at Concierge made everything absolutely fantastic!! Lucine came highly recommended by a nice lady on our flight who was originally from the UK and now has a home in Manderville, Jamaica with her young son & family. She loves going for stays at Beaches and said it was one of her favorite places on the Island.

***** Every single person on the Beaches Negril team was absolutely amazing, and our whole family is looking forward to being WELCOME HOME again as soon as we can make the next trip ****

p.s. Further to some of the reviews, please note that there are only a chosen few regulars selling their wares - jet ski, parasail, cruises, bracelets, hats, etc. - on the resort's stretch of the beach. No worries, the resort security keeps a close eye and know each of them; these folks may be hard-working salesmen/women (but so are many of us that can afford to vacation) yet you'll find they are good people, very friendly, and mainly just working hard everyday. My tip would be to just say a friendly hello/"respect" each morning, don't give them false hopes if you're not interested just say "No Thank You" , and it's all good each time they see you & yours on the beach. Zafari in particular, as well as the Hat guy, were 2 of our faves. Security will tell you "you're on your own" when you leave the resort, however, Zafari came thru huge with a private sunset cruise to Rick's Cafe for my wife & I with Uncle Bob as our skipper - door to door service (actually beach to dock) then back after a cliff jump and nice stint chillin' at famous Rick's Cafe ... back in time for another awesome dinner, entertainment and amazing evening at Beaches Negril with the whole family. Good times!!!

Room Tip: Use advance check-in through the Beaches call center. The reps are based in Jamaica and are very kno...
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Family is having a great time but the reserved tiki huts on the beach for butler guest is bogus! Every day the butler comes to the beach saves a hut, a table, six chairs and 18 towels that the guest never end up using. It is unfortunate that we are here as a family of 13 and share four chairs and four towels. Very small resort but lots of amenities. Beautiful beach.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The cost is worth every penny!!! My husband and our 4 children ages 12, 11, 9, and 5 stayed at the Negril resort from Jan 20-29. This includes a 2-day extension which would not have been possible without the assistance of General Manager, Adrian Whitehead. Thank you Mr Whitehead! This is our second time to a Jamaican Beaches resort. In 2010 we renewed our wedding vows in Ocho Rios at Beaches Boscobel. People asked which I prefer. Having now been to both, I would say you should choose which resort based on what else you want to do while in Jamaica...if you want to see Dunn River Falls and go zip lining, stay at Beaches Boscobel. If you want to go to Rick's Cafe and Margaritaville, stay at Beaches Negril. Both make you feel like family!
We arrived at the resort where we were quickly welcomed by Dalton. He helped my kids find the restrooms and got us much needed beverages. When Dalton realized we were still waiting to check-in, he found Carla who promptly checked us in. He then brought us to our Butler suites where we met Novia, one of our Butlers during our stay. She offered to unpack us so the kids could play down on the beach before sunset. After dinner we met Pollyanna from the kids club who was a WEALTH of information. She helped a very tired mother get all 4 kids signed up that first night so we would be all set for the week. Tanya from the Kids Club would stop by to see us every morning during breakfast to tell us what activities were scheduled that day. She is the reason my kids never missed a fun activity...baking cookies with Cookie Monster, science fair with Super Grover, etc. We did the character breakfast which ALL my children enjoyed. It was at the Character Breakfast we met photographer Nicolette. She saw how much my kids enjoyed meeting the characters and arranged for a private photo shoot with all the characters. We have such beautiful pictures from Nicollette, Candace and Revon. The only down side is how expensive the photos are. We had 500 pictures taken over the course of the 9 days. Nicolette, Candace and Revon captured my kids knee boarding, going down the water slides, at the kids camp events, etc but to get them all on CD would have been $1500.
Our butlers Novia and Conrad made our trip so stress-free. They reserved our spots at the beach and pool. They brought my entire family lunch at the beach and arranged our massages. Conrad even watched our kids for a bit while my husband and I enjoyed a Candlelight Sunset dinner on the beach. Our waitress Simone or Monique(my husband and I disagree on her name) makes the best cup of coffee!! If you see her around the dining room, ask her for a cup. You will not be sorry.
The wait staff, Odel, Sherita, Owen and Samantha were so helpful. I strongly suggest you have Michael make you an omelette. His omelets are the perfect balance of egg and ingredients. Yummy!
The Kids Club staff, Pollyana, Tanya, Samantha, Dwight, Andre, Dania were so GREAT with my children. They didn't want to leave when we came back to get them.
And my last shout out goes to my favorite bartender and inventor of my new favorite drink, Leggon and his 'Jamaica, No Problem'.
The managers are so accessible and eager to make your trip as enjoyable as possible.
We loved it much we booked our trip back before we left!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We just returned from our third stay at this fabulous resort. After trying the Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos last year, it felt like we were coming home. The beach and the staff in Turks just can't compare with Negril. This is the resort you want if you are looking to relax on the beach and chill with your friends and family. If you don't go with friends don't worry, you will make some with both fellow guests and the staff. It is the Jamaicans though who really make Beaches Negril something special. They are wonderful, fun-loving, and do their best to give you a fantastic vacation. We'd like to send a special thanks to the following staff who took the time to get to know us and were outstanding (please forgive any misspellings): Courtney, Renato, Tracey Ann, Stacey, Ashe, Shelly, Millard, and Camelia.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hands down, the best vacation our family has taken! From the welcome of fresh lemon cold towels, to the friendly staff, this resort is top notch! Not one spot is ever crowded on the property; pools, restaurants, beach, game room, feel as if it was a custom vacation just for our family. The water sports were a ton of fun, various activities for each child and myself!
Dwight in the game room was my number one man! Onecia always had a smile and lots of energy. Lorenzo kept us entertained at the pool bar for hours and Courtney and Mr. D kept our trip in check making sure we had everything we needed. We are looking forward to coming back next year with more friends!
As others said, wish they could keep this beach more private, too many peddlers pushing their stuff……but still at that, very friendly.
Food was good, enough variety on property to satisfy several picky eaters!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!