“Family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $335 in Air Credit!
Ranked #12 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Baltimore, Maryland
“Family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My 11 year old daughter said: "Mom, where do they get staff like this!???", courteous, attentive and always available. They would remember my kids from one restaurant to the other, "you should take a cookie for your sister, she liked chocolate chips the other day"!!!!!!
Room clean, supplied with drinks daily, bar staff great, we needed a pull out couch an we even had bed turning service! Our room had ocean view, looking at the wedding gazebo and noise and traffic was minimal in the 700's, even though we were near the Mill, we were not a passageway. The noise was exclusively nature made.

We preferred the main pool to the waterpark pool, it was less crowded and quieter.
Water sports were great, however paddle boards need a little updating, not enough grip.
Kids running around all over the place, it is safe but you should always supervise because lifeguards are not always available.

Food was amazing, especially the seafood and the Caribbean day, service and food were great in the Mill, Japanese food and Italian food. Loved all staff except some guy "Stefan" (obviously not Jamaican) who was a little snobby for my taste. The main chef was always around.

The entertainment was great if you are 4y/o, my kids 11 and 7 were too old for the sesame street stuff, but enjoyed a couple of the acts that were more for grown ups. The best was the parade, the drums brought tears to my eyes, not sure why.

Now, the only negative was not in the resort but at the airport. TSA has nothing on this people!!!! who knew!!, we were yelled at by a woman because our boarding pass were facing the wrong way.

Buy the Mobay club, didn't realize it would have been useful until it was too late, first you shortcut lines and staff actually is nice to you in that line, you don't get the yelling ones.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the restaurants or the pools, too noisy. Don't pack too much, you won...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

First off this resort is just for kids. Nothing to do after the sun sets except for Sesame Street shows. You can leave the resort, but the amount you spend on just getting to and staying at the resort makes you feel guilty for spending more money on the rather pricey excursions. Not to mention that no matter where you go (even on the beach) you will get hounded by the massive amounts of peddlers trying to sell you drugs and over priced trinkets. The concierge service is a joke. They stocked our minibar twice in the first two days we were there and then stopped completely. Maid service doesn't clean the room until around 5pm which by this time you are already in the room getting read for dinner. The food is NOT good. It is average at best and don't let anyone (even your travel agent) tell you otherwise. The grounds are nice, but very small. Spa is over priced and this is coming from someone that lives in the tristate area. If you don't take my warning and still decided to wasted your money. Go to Ricks Cafe and cliff dive. It was the highlight of our trip. AGAIN this place is NOT for people without children. Adults at Beaches seem to mostly be loaded with alcohol while their kids run around the resort. I don't blame them, this is the only thing for adults to do. Oh and power goes out often. Lazy river is a small circle and there are only two slides which they call a water park. Bees everywhere by the bars and in the pools...and in your drinks. Flies all over, sadly most dining is outdoor so you are forced to share your food with them.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Caribbean 5 star is not the same standard as other countries, but here the rooms are clean and well supplied. Entertainment for children was excellent, and food very good. It did not feel that safe out of the resort in the town of negrill and wouldn't advise going unchaperoned. You can get ripped off with prices of trips, especially to Ricks cafe which has a mini bus to pick you up for a minimal charge and return you to hotel free of charge.
Golf prices vary, remember you then have to pay for a caddy and a buggy. The caddy then expects a tip of 20 dollars. As long as you know this upfront it won't spoil your experience on the Negrill golf course.
Although Sandals is a non tipping all inclusive, there are some staff that expect a tip, and one in particular who knocked on the door for it.
All said we did have a very nice holiday,

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be of regular size and upgrades go to include drinks in your room upto butler service...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at Beaches Negril in early June. There were 11 of us with 4 younger kids and 1 teenager. Travel to and from the resort was easy (definitly recommend Club Mobay arrival and departure at the airport if traveling with kids). Overall the grounds were amazing and most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I only have 3 small complaints: The food in my opinion was not as good as I would expect. My wife and I stayed at a Couples brand resort last year and the food was excellent. The second item that needs improvement is the kids camp. We didn't plan on leaving our kids there all day but they wanted to take in some of the activities. The kids camp seemed unorganized and there were many kids that didn't seem as though they were having any fun. The kids loved the Sesame Street characters and my youngest son really enjoyed the pizza making activity. The third thing that I disliked was the beach vendors trying to sell jet ski and parasail rides. I understand that they are trying to make a living but it just got annoying after awhile and a few were offering drugs to me which I didn't appreciate.
With that being said; the bartenders were great and really focused on the kids, the watersports staff was great, the pool lifeguards were friendly and overall we had a great time.
My recommendation: Stay here if you are set on staying in Negril otherwise I would consider their Ocho Rios resort which has a private beach. This place is great if traveling with kids of any age but if you want an adults only vacation consider one of the Couples brand resorts. When planning your vacation at a minimum get a concerige level room or higher they really help with dinner reservations and planning your activities.

Room Tip: Concerige level room or better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay at Beaches Negril! We hope that on your next visit we will be able to surpass your expectations!
We note the concerns that you had during your stay and will be passing along your remarks to the resort management. We also encourage guests to speak with security at any time they feel uncomfortable whiles at any of our resorts. You can be assured they will assist you in the matter.
We appreciate the feedback as it helps identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and we are constantly perfecting our service!
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was an exception resort with top notch kids club for our 4 year old (that was the most important criteria). The staff and nannies were able to handle our very active little man. Everyone who worked there seemed genuinely happy to be there and so friendly. It was hard coming back to the real world and not have everyone say "no problem" when you ask a question.
I would have given it 5 start except for the extremely loud music blaring at the pool closest to our room and day care. We kept asking if they could play Bob Marley or any raggae and they kept saying the teens loved this loud American R&B/Rap. Augh! we're in Jamaica, not an Oakland Raider pre-party. Families paid a minimum of $10k to get there...I think the teens could have lived with a litle raggae in Jamaica. I was glad when it rained as the speakers would go away.

The best thing about our trip was I got hooked up with this great travel agent, Jennifer Torren who helped us with EVERYTHING, nanny care, suggestions, and especially MoBay Club - it took us 10 minutes to get through customs and I would have never known about it without Jennifer. Jennifer gets 5 stars as she had nothing to do with the music ;-)
Jennifer Toren, TripGuy Travel LLC
jennifer@TripGuy.com, 215-510-0955
We took advantage of the scuba diving (pretty good!) and scuba. Water sports were good!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We can tell from the photos that you and your family had an awesome vacation at Beaches Negril! We regret that you found the music at the pool area a bit of a nuisance. We will definitely be passing your suggestion on to the resort staff.
We are especially happy that your children had such a fun time with our staff! They honestly do love interacting with them and allowing parents to enjoy the resort as well. We do look forward to having you back at one of our resorts in the future!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is my second time at Beaches Negril and it was so much better than my first! I will discuss each aspect of Beaches Negril in sections to make it easier to read.

ROOM: I travelled with a group of 7 and we stayed in the Savannah building in room 624 & 625. Our rooms were in the perfect location and close to everything, but far enough not to be bothered by the nightly shows and people at the pools. I highly recommend the butler service if you can afford it because it really does make a difference. NOVIA & CONRAD were our butlers and they we THE BEST. You can tell that they enjoy their jobs and they do an exceptional job at it. Even though it felt awkward actually using a butler, they always made it seem like nothing we asked for was too much trouble; so thank you, Novia and Conrad for your wonderful work! We had bottles in our room, and we were able to have our meals brought to us in our rooms, to the beach or whenever else we wanted (we were given a phone so we could call our butler whenever we needed. The bathroom is a decent size and all of the equipment is clean and working well, the water pressure is also excellent.

FOOD: It is impossible to get hungry while staying at Beaches. There is literally something for everyone. There is one main buffet (The Mill) as well as 5 restaurants: Venetian-Italian, Kimonos-Japanese Hibachi style, Arizonans-Mexican and Stewfish-on the beach serving great seafood. I am a vegetarian and many people offered to cook me tofu if the main dish I was eating had chicken or beef, which was really nice to be given that option. The Mill has something that everyone will enjoy, it even has Jamaican dishes such as akee and saltfish, fry fish and fried dumplings which was good because last time I came to this resort, the Jamaican food was little to none! There is also Cafe De Paris, which serves lattes, cappuccinos, ice cream and pastries..I went there every morning for a vanilla cappuccino.

ENTERTAINMENT: During the day, the people my age spent most of their day with Theresa, Shaniqua and Jermaine. These three are hilarious people who are always making sure people are included and having a good time. Theresa is awesome because she is always telling jokes and giving one on one time with people -she is now like a sister to me. Shaniqua is hilarious and always dancing, so I learned a few things! Jermaine is sooo kind and is an amazing dancer, I loved watching him at the Big Top each night!
Every Thursday, there's a party on the beach which is hands down, the best night at Beaches! The beach party is full of good vibes and fun people. Shoutout to DJ Asarie for always playing good music at the beach party and at club liquid every single night!
The nightly entertainment is a hit and miss, the best nights is the circus, the talent show and the steel drum band.

THE BEACH: There isn't much to say about the beach; it is beautiful and it's my favourite beach in the world. Yes, there are locals that try and sell things to you, but a simple "No thanks" will keep them away, they are nothing to be fearful of.
There is no need to wake up early to find beach chairs because there are so many on such a long stretch of the beach that you will always find a spot. For me, Novia or Conrad would go out extra early and set up an area on the beach with towels, a cooler with drinks, beer and wine and a table and beach chairs underneath a beach cabana. Beautiful beach!

OVERALL: Beaches Negril is my home away from home, I never feel unsafe here and Theresa, Shaniqua and Jermaine made my trip so much better that I'm planning on coming back in 2 months. Thankyou to all of the hard workers who made my vacation awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the awesome experience you had at Beaches Negril! I am delighted to hear that the staff did everything possible to accommodate your entire family! Beaches staff members are held to such high standards and it seems as Team Negril met them all!
We all look forward to hearing about your next visit coming up in 2 months! We are positive that you will be even more impressed!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just returned from our 5th Beaches vacation, 4th to Negril and had an amazing time! KUDOS to all the staff members who provide excellent service and help make this resort welcoming, friendly and fun. We've traveled to numerous all-inclusives in the Caribbean and Mexico and BEACHES tops the list. The food was great (thank you, Mischa (sp?), activities galore, fabulous water sports etc. A big thank you to Renato and Simone - their smiles and laughter were infectious and brightened our already sunny days! :) June was an amazing bartender and warmly greeted us at all times. Lucien and Lloyd in water sports - you rock! Courtney and Luther were quick to greet us and welcome us back. "Bubbly" Karen (Concierge/front desk) was a very visible presence and ensured all was going well. Soon Come Back staff were fantastic and we already re-booked our future BEACHES vacation.
Just an observation which hopefully can be easily fixed.... the lazy river this year was way too lazy for our boys and many older kids were bored by it. I understand there many be safety concerns with a faster jet speed, but perhaps you can stagger "lazy" river hours with "roaring" river hours. Or, have parents supervise younger children in the lazy river - we never left our boys unattended when they were younger. Ill parental supervision is a recipe for disaster in any situation! Thank you, all and see you soon!! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!