“Great family and kids vacation” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 89 Hotels in Negril
LA, CA
“Great family and kids vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Second time at beaches, first time Negril.
Great time as before, room ok but too small for 2 adults and 2 kids but roll away bed works ok.
Food first rate, drinks not watered down and young kids have great time at the pool. Weather nice if a few thunderstorms that are normal for Caribbean. Pricey but if you dive and use the kids club and like cocktails then it is actually pretty good value for money.
You can always find some picky things to complain about but we have had 2 great family vacations at Beaches Jamaics and have already put down a deposit for next year.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
  • Polish first
Discovery Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Beaches Negril exceeded my expectations. The Staff is what makes this place fabulous. I love the over all feeling at the resort. The Paris Cafe has a fantastic latte & banana bread. The Stew Fish is AWESOME!!!! has the best atmosphere! The staff in AM Troy & Diane...wonderful! Troy introduced me to the Jamaican juice sorrel...fantastic! The Fritatta was fabulous, plus Troy gave me one of his mangos, a julie mango, it was awesome! The dinners are wonderful, mango shrimp super yummy. The Coconut Cake for dessert was the best thing ever (want the reciepe!) Lesmore our waiter was so cool! I was hungry for coconut shrimp & the mill? special ordered & made it for me. The pizza place was great & BBQ was fabulous! Winston was awesome! I really did more than eat!
Our neighbors got married there on the beach, such a beautiful wedding & fabulous photographers. We met a great family from New York that has a little girl that made friends with our daughter, which made the trip even more enjoyable for my daughter.The pools are great, the water slides & lazy river. My daughter was in heaven! Mee too!
The beach was my favorite of course! Onesia with the kid's club activities on the beach...sweetest gal ever! The venders on the beach, the guy the paints bottles, shells & rocks...he painted my coconut after I drank the rum from it! He is the nicest guy ever! Next to him was a guy that made beautiful carvings, of course I bought some! Pictures to follow. I just really loved it here at Beaches Negril in Jamaica & will be back after I save enough money to return. Again,the staff is what makes this place spectacular! =)

Room Tip: ROOM #317 quiet & nice...close to the food area, gym, water slide & beach! Awesome!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The service was amazing, facilities were clean and beautiful. We went there for a wedding and had an amazing time. As a bridesmaid and sister of the groom, you could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator. They were very attentive and made the wedding go off without a hitch, even after a rain delay.

Just remember if you are coming from the US, they are on Jamaican time, which is much slower than American time. The service at resturaunts, etc. is much slower than you would experience in the US.

If you do go to Rick's and cliff dive, beware. I have a leg of huge bruises from landing wrong.

Don't forget your bug spray though. The mosquitoes are horrible, (not beaches fault).

If I had one complaint it is that the food is only so so. I was not overly impressed. It was not horrible, however, it was not great. The best resturaunt was Kimono's by far.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone! Don't know if I'll go back to this one in particular, only because I'm keen to see the other Sandals resorts in the Carribean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
St Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our third trip to Beaches Negril. Our son was married there in 2005 and now with two children, Chase 6 and Rylee 4, it was time to return and let the kids (our grandkids) enjoy Beaches. And we weren't disappointed. The facility was just as clean and neat as we remembered it. The food was good and the service superb! From check in to check out, our every need was tended to by an great staff. We were especially pleased to meet Adrian Whitehead, the general manager and his management staff during the Rum tasting event. I have to mention our two favorite people -- Michael the chef who made fabulous omelets every morning and Dwayne the manager of the Arizona, our favorite restaurant. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Beaches, Negril is an amazing all round experience for families, groups or couples. I got married there and it was the most amazing day of my life. All the staff were extreamly welcoming, friendly and helpful. They couldnt do enough for us. This hotel blew us away! Shannon our wedding co-ordinator and her team were amazing. She made our day very special for us. All seven restraurants were exceptional, The nightclub on site was very good for the adults (after 11pm) Felt like a home from home when we stayed here. Cant wait to return very soon. Absolutely beautiful site. Beach very clean and picture perfect sunsets. Bar team were very entertaining and pleasant to be around. So much fun! Truely a holiday we will never forget! We stayed in the montpelier block which over looked the garden which was lovely. (room 922) 3rd floor. Cannot thank all the staff enough for making our holiday/wedding so lovely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I have been to Jamaica with our kiddos and Beaches Negril made the experience amazing!! I would like to give a big shout out to Jodi at the pool bar by Arizona's! She knows the meaning of excellent customer service! The 7 Mile beach is to die for! (Make sure you slow down long enough to rent a cabana on the beach....perfect view!) We also enjoyed the water slides and water sports as much as the kids did! Stewfish, to me, was by far my favorite place to eat. Perfect ocean views with your toes in the sand while you eat great food...it just doesn't get any better! Shout out to Lesmore, who was our waiter at Stewfish. He made our dining experience 10x better just with his whole attitude and kindness!(and the fact that he brought us our drinks on his head!)The Beach Party was alot of fun, so make sure you don't miss that! The only excursion off the property we did was the Catamaran Cruise that went to Rick's and Margaritaville. The Kool Kat Kelly staff was AMAZING and professional! They took my 7 year old snorkeling and since it was her first time to snorkel, they went diving down and brought up sand dollars and starfish for her to hold and see! It was the best snorkeling experience for kids ever! I only wish Rick's would have been open! We cruised in the morning and it was closed....hey, maybe next time I will cliff jump! ;) Overall, if you are looking for a stress free, fun, amazing place to take your family, you found it! Thanks Beaches, Negril,..see you next time! :))))))

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Beaches Negril exceeded our expectations in every way. The front desk staff was very welcoming from the moment we walked onto the resort. We were escorted to our room which was lovely and we were able to overlook a wedding that was happening at that moment! The room was beautiful, very spacious, and the beach was so clean. Our favorite part, by far, was the service we received at the pool bar during the day. Leggon and Lorenzo have to be some of the most amazing bartenders my husband and I have encountered in our travels. We are already planning our next trip to Beaches. I highly reccommend!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!