“Good family vacation spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Red Lane® Spa Bonanza!!!
Ranked #11 of 91 hotels in Negril
Ottawa, Canada
“Good family vacation spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Beaches Negril

After reading tons of reviews we didn’t have a high expectation from Beaches Negril. We stayed from Apr20-27. Weather was perfect!
The moment we passed customs in Montego Bay, our family of four were greeted by Beaches representative who took us into Beaches waiting lounge right at the airport. Our kids are 3 years and 14 months old so it was nice to have a place to refreshed ourselves with cool drinks and briefly check in before hitting road to the resort. It was a long 90 mins ride. Our daughter has motion sickness so it was a very unpleasant ride.

Conceirge Service: When we arrived at the resort we were taken to the conceirge lounge to do further check in and got our room. Suneita was very nice to move our room as requested. We wanted the 3rd level room so it turned out as an inconvenience for parents with young kids with strollers. Suneita was so sweet. She asked my little girl if she would like coconut juice so Suneita physically brought it to the room for her. She left us with a good impression. Gennette is another conceirge agent who was very patient and helpful too! I had a situation where my $250 Spa credit wasn’t on my reservation due to some miscommunication between the travel agent and the resort. They made sure it was sorted out and we got our Spa massage before we left.

Room: We stayed in the furthest building on the third level. Room #921....it’s nice and spacious. However we paid for oceanview but got a view of the opposite building. There were lots of tiny ants trials crawling around including on our bed. It was very disturbing to see. We had to ask 4 times for wine opener to our room. Finally we had to go to concierge to request for one! My god....they were slow with requests.....so expect to wait.

Housekeeping: Rooms were made up on most days. There were a couple of days when they missed it so we had to notify the concierge. Otherwise they were very nice. Annette knew we had small kids so she always gave us extra towels and changed our pillowcases everyday as we requested. Overall, they were very good!

Pools: There were 2 pools, 2 slides and a lazy rivers. They were all fun and close by to most restaurants. We liked the pool near the Mill restaurant. Cleaner, less crowded and better pool bar. Dino’s pizza is right there so it’s very convenience for pizza lovers. Simone is very cheerful serving the guests.

Beaches: Beautiful!!! It was clean and water was perfect! There were many fish swimming around us when we were in the water. We loved it!

Entertainment and Shows: We only went to couple of shows. The music was too loud for parents with young kids. They need to lower the volume. They had a snake show which freaked us out.....so we left.

Restaurants & Food: We are picky eaters and we like the food here. It’s much better than the food at Beaches in Turks and Caicos. Less restaurants but better food. We really enjoyed the Dino’s pizza, Arizona and the Venetian. Paris Cafe was nice! They make good cappucinos!!! Vanessia and everyone here were always happy and greet their visitors! The Mill serves buffet food and it’s just average. We had breakfast and dinner at Stewfish and it’s over rated. Jamaician knows how to cook their jerk chicken!!! Overall, the food was enjoyable!

Daycare: OMG....our kids are traumatize from here! We put our kids here for one afternoon and one morning. By the time we pick them up that morning, my little girl got scrapes on her elbows and knees. When we asked the babysitters, they didn’t seem to know what happened.......so we gathered that they didn’t look after my little girl carefully. They kept saying it was old wound but we didn’t see them before we drop her off. Plus my husband is in the medical field so he knew they didn’t tell the truth. We understand that kids fall and get hurt all the time and that’s fine. But the fact they didn’t tell us right away or didn’t know that our daughter got hurt was very upsetting. So we never brought hem back to the daycare again! Sharon the supervisor did come by and talked to us and apologized. She was supposed to do an investigation but we never got an explaination......very disappointed!
We later used Neja to babysit our kids in our room one night for couple of hours so we can go for dinner. She was very sweet and the kids seemed to like her. Neja knew our kids loves grapes and bananas so she and Sharon came by to the beach and delivered them to us.

Services: Excellent on most things. Majority of the staff were outstanding and happy to serve their customers. The resort is quite slow with complaints and requests. Remember to bring a calling card or get roaming plan to contact home or loved ones. Its super expensive to use your credit card to make calls.
Ms. Dian was one lady who made me feel that it was worth it to coming here. When my little boy was fussy during breakfast at Stewfish, she came by ....asked to carry him and took him around the restaurant to calm him down so I can have a peaceful meal. On our last night there, I was so disturbed by the mosquitoes so the staff at the Mill went to find me OFF. Later I decided to bring food back to the room, Ms. Dian made sure that someone was going to help me carry it. She was always friendly and you can tell she was genuinely nice.
Mr. D (Dwyane) was a gentlemen who works there that remembered his guest’s name and always willing to help. Jodiane who serve at the pool was always attentive. She often comes around made sure we were drinking and well hydrated under the sun:) Leggon was another friendly fellow who was the bartender at the pool. He’s always singing and get you smiling.
On our last 2 days, we rented the cabana.......and it was the best thing! Having young kids is really hard to get around finding towels, getting drinks and then finding your spot on the beach. Once you got a cabana booked, the cabana concierge serves you breakfast, lunch, snacks, suntan lotions, extra towels and whatever you request. We had Natashia on our first day and she was wonderful! She was always around and made sure everyone was happy! Although some people don’t give tips, but they deserve it! These guys running around under the hot boil sun to serve you. She made our stay extra fun and relaxing! I was able to spend more time with the kids!!!! Again, thanks to the staff:)

Despite some of the negative situations, we would still want to return to Beaches Negril instead of Beaches in Turks and Caico! The beach, food and service is far better than Turks. The daycare needs some improvements on their communications to their parents....and pay more attention to the kids. Especially this is a well known chain company who caters for family vacation so it’s very important that the resort needs to take it seriously and make some changes. Elmo and Big Bird needs to be around more often for pictures!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

3,066 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
Blauvelt, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had a MAGICAL wedding at Beaches Negril in May 2013 (May 8th).

Firstly, my wedding planner, Tresh was FANTASTIC!!! She took care wonderful care of us. (I was a pain in the butt, and super anxious, but I didn't need to be!) She anticipated our needs before we knew them. Already told me the answers to questions before I could come up with them, and kept everything running EXTREMELY smoothly. After the wedding she checked up on us a few times and returned my husbands lost shoes. Tresh really has a nack for details and took care of EVERYTHING. In 10 days Tresh became a lady dear to my heart, and a friend. My wedding was amazing, the guests are raving about it, and it would never have been the same without her!!! Tresh had some great help too in , Shannon and Emilie

Also, Antwayne, my photographer made my dreams come true!!! Pictures were THE MOST important thing to me, and he WAAAAAY EXCEEDED my expectations. He was the most charismatic, friendly, and helpful person EVER. I told him I wanted fun and candid, and he totally rolled with it and captured our happiness in timeless pictures. I really can't thank him enough. I am super satisfied with my pictures and we had a connection with him as a photographer. It makes me so incredibly happy that he really perfectly photographer exactly how we were feeling that day! He really really really made my day and my experience!!!

Besides the wedding our trip was wonderful too. Natalie at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. She always took care of us!

Keram the lifeguard laid out towels on our favorite spot for us everyday at 6 am. He was so super sweet and really took care of our family. He played with our son, made sure great-grandma was well hydrated and in the shade, and greeted us with a warm smile everyday. He became a part of our family on the beach everyday.

Lorenzo, June, O'Neill,and Ned really took care of us at the bar (we drank ALOT and got to know the bar staff well). They are always friendly, they mix up great drinks, and greet you warmly! (Especially June and O'Neill). June makes some fantastic shots (ask her for a jellyfish)!!!!

The dining was good, no complaints, but the service was better. There was a ton of variety, but we kept going back to the same spots because the service we got was great.

Lesmore was a jolly guy at The Stewfish. We ate there EVERYDAY for breakfast JUST to see Lesmore. He is more than happy to go above and beyond, and do it for you with a smile on his face. Like if you ask Lesmore for a table, he will set you a table with flowers, a towel, and your favorite drink. (SUCH A SWEETIE!).

Nordia at Stewfish was great, she made our intimate dinners on the beach just a little more special. She would anticipate our needs (like bringing me a side of potatoes when she noticed I was eating my husbands off his plate, and bringing him cleaner for his fingers after crab claws).

We were there on Mother's Day, and Winston at the BBQ place served me a special surprise lunch. He brought it right to me and even made me cover my eyes. He was totally sweet and fun. Winston was always smiling, laughing, dancing, and genuinely enjoying himself (which totally makes it a great experience for the guests).

The staff at the resort really does a great job to make your stay so special. They are friendly, obliging, relaxed, knowledgeable, and FUN!

Overall, we got great service and had a great time.

The resort is beautifully manicured, and looks like a movie set everywhere you turn. Its really gorgeous. The locals in the area are fun (persistent, but amusing.) The resort is also very safe, and they cater to every detail.

Every single tiny tiny detail was well executed and well thought out by the resort.

Overall, I have absolutely no complaints. I would return in a heartbeat, and live there if they let me!!!

See you next year friends!!!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are nice, but most rooms are pretty close to the beach anyways. Choose the 800s b...
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to be asked to attend a friends wedding at Beachs. Everything was beautiful. It was our first out of the US trip and what a great first trip! The staff is amazing-Check out Ian, O'Neil and Lesmore if you travel. So friendly, helpful, polite, caring and just remarkable. Ian helped us with early check-in so we could join the rest of the group. He went as far as carrying our luggage to our room--way outside of his duties. He even checked back into make sure we were ok during our stay. Our first night we went to stewfish...and met O'Neil and Lesmore. The service they provided was amazing...above anything we have seen before. And their service and friendliness continued our whole trip. They remembered every one in our party by name. The bride requested O'Neil to be one of the servers at her wedding because he was so great. There was a young woman at the hibachi rest. who sang...I wish I could remember her name....but 4 days after we met her, only once, she saw me on the beach and came to say hello and addressed me by name. We felt so at home on this trip. Every staff member we met was great and stood out to us. Beaches has some of the most amazing employees I have ever seen..I am HR manager and these are the kind of team members every employer dreams of.

We would come back again....to see our friends that we made and that beautiful beach! We felt very safe even at night on the beach.

The wedding was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever attended and the staff went above and beyond to make my friends day amazing.

Thank you for an amazing trip!! I highly recommend Beaches Negril and hope to visit again soon!!!

Room Tip: We had a king garden deluxe room and the view was amazing. we could see the ocean and many of the we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Southbourne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the hotel and can not wait to go back again.
This time we stayed over the Christmas and new year period and what a great time the whole family had. There is nothing you could want for and the staff are the best, a big thank you to DJ Brian, for letting me win at pool ever night, Colman for all the tennis coaching he has really improved my game.
Sam and all the bar staff what a great service and so genuinely friendly you really do not want to leave the bar.
Desrick the boat captain and all the dive crew thanks for some great dives, we were lucky to see dolphin on most of our dives not forgetting Rose back at the dive shop.
School boy for all the snorkel trips round the bay he new just where to drop us off to get the most out of our snorkel.
And not forgetting Howard he was like a big brother to our sons, taught them how to water sky and nee-board, with several trips out on the banana boat each day.
This is for us the the best holiday and hotel we have ever had thanks to you all at Beaches Negril.

Room Tip: Go for the honeymoon suits if you are traveling with children or I would have 2 rooms next to each o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff was first class from the moment we arrived, beginning with the cool face cloth on arrival up to the moment we left 7 days later.
There was not one person that was not helpful or friendly the entire time. Our room was just as it is shown in the website photos. The beach was beautiful. The food was good with many choices. In fact the buffet food was better than I expect of buffet food.
We mostly stayed at the main pool, and the available floaties more than made up for not always having a poolside lounge available. We were pleased with all the accommodations, the pool, the staff, the restaurants, the service, the beach options. We went snorkeling, glass bottom boat, and took out a hobie catamaran.
The staff took the time to remember our names after one meeting, I will not be able to remember every name, but a few that stood out, enjoying their work and entertaining us while serving us.
ONEIL who was pouring us drinks with a smile, while rain was blustering in into his bar, never forgot our names no matter where we encountered him on the beach or the grounds.
TASHA, charming, beautiful, always a smile and efficient, love her spirit, her kindness and her beverages!
LORENZO always with a smile, quick wit and show! Made the kids feel special.
JERMAINE with the tricks and the smile! Great service, great guy, also made a point to include the kids.
Too many to name them all..... Oshane, Kenton, Jodian & Leggon at the pool bar, all made an impact and helped us to feel welcome.
I would recommend this place for families.

Room Tip: I can say I was not prepared for the stairs. But overall slept well and was happy with our garden r...
Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Beaches Negril, 2 adults, 2 kids (15 and 12). We had a fabulous time!! The staff at this resort is amazing! Tasha, Lorenzo, Leggon, and Jodian @ the main pool, thank you for making everyday a blast. O'neil and Jermaine @ the beach bar we now know all kinds of tricks to play on our friends! The entertainment staff (O'shane :)) was great helping to get the kids involved in activities without too much pressure. Jamaica is a beautiful country with beautiful people. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone that is looking for a place to take their kids!

Room Tip: the stairs can be a bit much, I would recommend a first or second floor room. the 500 building is in...
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great place for families. The service was the best I have ever had. I wasn't happy about the one hour ride from the airport to the resort, however, once we arrived, it was worth the trip. We were graciously and warmly greeted. We attended a destination wedding and it was beautiful. Each staff member went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met. All of my family members were equally pleased. The food was wonderful! Don't bother trying to dine off the resort, the best of everything is available right outside your door!

If you take the ride to RICK'S CAFE, enjoy the sunset and the great dive. SKIP THE FOOD. The service and the food is terrible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!