“Beaches Negril is a great Place.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$220 Booking Bonus!!!
Ranked #11 of 91 hotels in Negril
Seattle, Washington
“Beaches Negril is a great Place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff was first class from the moment we arrived, beginning with the cool face cloth on arrival up to the moment we left 7 days later.
There was not one person that was not helpful or friendly the entire time. Our room was just as it is shown in the website photos. The beach was beautiful. The food was good with many choices. In fact the buffet food was better than I expect of buffet food.
We mostly stayed at the main pool, and the available floaties more than made up for not always having a poolside lounge available. We were pleased with all the accommodations, the pool, the staff, the restaurants, the service, the beach options. We went snorkeling, glass bottom boat, and took out a hobie catamaran.
The staff took the time to remember our names after one meeting, I will not be able to remember every name, but a few that stood out, enjoying their work and entertaining us while serving us.
ONEIL who was pouring us drinks with a smile, while rain was blustering in into his bar, never forgot our names no matter where we encountered him on the beach or the grounds.
TASHA, charming, beautiful, always a smile and efficient, love her spirit, her kindness and her beverages!
LORENZO always with a smile, quick wit and show! Made the kids feel special.
JERMAINE with the tricks and the smile! Great service, great guy, also made a point to include the kids.
Too many to name them all..... Oshane, Kenton, Jodian & Leggon at the pool bar, all made an impact and helped us to feel welcome.
I would recommend this place for families.

Room Tip: I can say I was not prepared for the stairs. But overall slept well and was happy with our garden r...

2,769 people have reviewed this hotel

1905
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Beaches Negril, 2 adults, 2 kids (15 and 12). We had a fabulous time!! The staff at this resort is amazing! Tasha, Lorenzo, Leggon, and Jodian @ the main pool, thank you for making everyday a blast. O'neil and Jermaine @ the beach bar we now know all kinds of tricks to play on our friends! The entertainment staff (O'shane :)) was great helping to get the kids involved in activities without too much pressure. Jamaica is a beautiful country with beautiful people. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone that is looking for a place to take their kids!

Room Tip: the stairs can be a bit much, I would recommend a first or second floor room. the 500 building is in...
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great place for families. The service was the best I have ever had. I wasn't happy about the one hour ride from the airport to the resort, however, once we arrived, it was worth the trip. We were graciously and warmly greeted. We attended a destination wedding and it was beautiful. Each staff member went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met. All of my family members were equally pleased. The food was wonderful! Don't bother trying to dine off the resort, the best of everything is available right outside your door!

If you take the ride to RICK'S CAFE, enjoy the sunset and the great dive. SKIP THE FOOD. The service and the food is terrible.

ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at Turks 2 years ago and recently stayed at Negril this past April. This review is for those trying to choose between the two.
1. Airport: The airport in Montego Bay is much larger and more modern than Turks. Moving in/on is fast and efficient compared to the small airport at Turks. The airport at Turks can get very crowded when people are waiting for their plane.
2. Ride to/from airport: The resort at Turks is about 15min from the airport but the resort in Negril is about 90minutes. The bus ride is actually not too bad though.
3. Resort size: Turks is much bigger, with more restaurants, larger waterpark and larger pools.
4. Food: Eventhough there is more restos at Turks we found we enjoyed the food at Negril more.
5. Service: This is where Negril shines. The service from the servers, bartenders, housekeeping overall was excellent. Very friendly, get to know your name and kids' names. Some of them really go out of their way to help you. Concierge service while friendly was not really useful. Gave us wine bottles in our room with no cork opener, had to ask 5 times before someone finally came and gave the cork opener.
6. Other guests. This resort is nowhere near as busy as Turks (we stayed at about the same time both times). This means finding beach chairs, poor chairs, towels are not as difficult as Turks (notorious for people hoarding towels/chairs all day). The guests also seem much more friendly and frankly less elitist than Turks.

Final advice: TIPPING: The porters that bring your luggage from the airport to bus and back expect tips as well as the bus driver so bring small bills. Don't bother with "beachfront" rooms. We stayed at the 900s rooms and all we had are obstructed ocean views to the side. We basically stared at another room straight on.

So there you have it. Negril is a much friendlier, better service resort than Turks and although smaller, we would gladly return (when we save up more money!).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went with my husband to attend the wedding of a friends son. Didn't have high hopes for an all inclusive resort with kids. What we found is a well run, friendly resort that exceeded all expectations in every area. We had more fun in the lazy river, on the water slides, sailing, snorkeling, going on the glass bottom boat, etc.!! Food was much better than expected, jerk chicken was addictive! Staff was beyond friendly and ready to help make your stay the best. Local golf course was interesting, fun to play, great caddies (John) and friendly staff. $87 pp with cart and caddie for 18 holes. We brought our clubs, taxi $40 rt. If you have kids, place to be! Wedding was fantastic! Best part, you don't open your wallet once you have arrived! Don't take Caribbean Air - seats hard and about 15" wide!! Hour and half ride to resort no big deal, you are too busy looking at surroundings!

Room Tip: Skip room up grades, not necessary.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Jamaica and an all-inclusive beach hotel wouldn’t be our first choice for a holiday as we like to tour independently but we were there for a family wedding. However, we found the hotel and staff to be brilliant and we would recommend to family/friends who like beach holidays.

When we arrived, we were warmly greeted and offered cold towels and a drink, but checking in and completing all the paperwork did seem quite long especially after a very long day after travelling from the UK.

We had a standard room in block 200 which was near the road but that wasn’t an issue as we only heard a little traffic now and again. The room was very nice and clean. We had a king size bed which I had emailed ahead to request and plenty of wardrobe space and hanging space for our clothes. The bathroom was split in two with the bath/shower at the front of the room and the sink area just outside. It did seem strange to be in the shower and be able to have a conversation with people outside through the vents! There was a coffee machine in the room but we had also taken a kettle as we love our morning cup of tea! The fridge was well stocked – thank you Ricardo who made a note of our favourite soft drinks and ensured we had plenty of bottled water. The TV had a good choice of channels and the electronic safe was handy and easy to use. We did have an uninvited guest in our room one morning though – a crab in the bathroom! Housekeeping was great and we loved the towel art. They did a turn down service too.

What makes this hotel is the staff, they really are a credit to the hotel – everyone was so genuine, friendly and welcoming and they couldn’t do enough for you. I have never had some many handshakes, high-5’s and hugs! One of our group had their birthday while we were there and we had forgotten to purchase a gift for them, so we bought a few items in the gift shop and asked the lady if she had any paper to wrap it – she went out of her way to find some tissue paper and tape and made sure it was wrapped nicely. All the ladies in Café Paris (where we spent most of our time!) were brilliant – in particular Vanessia and the other lady (sorry I can’t remember her name) who made our friends birthday very special by putting a candle into a cupcake and writing “happy birthday” in chocolate sauce and even sang Happy Birthday.

The food was very good and we particularly enjoyed the TexMex and the Venetian. The lasagne in the Venetian was delicious – I had it twice! We enjoyed the strawberry dariquis (non-alcoholic version) when sitting by the pool – very refreshing.

The pool area and beach was lovely and we never had a problem finding towels, even later in the day; but I think there needs to be more loungers as we sometimes struggled to find somewhere to sit. The vendors on the beach were OK too – a firm and polite “no thank you” and they moved on.

I had read previous trip reports and noted with some concern about mosquitos and sand fleas and as they like me a lot! My husband was always told to take something with you as a deterrent and that’s why he takes me as I get bitten and they leave him alone! Seriously though, I took every type of repellent with me including a mosquito net for the bed and bands to wear around my wrists and ankles as well as a natural spray repellent to wear during the day and Deet to wear in the evenings. I am pleased to say I only got 9 bites during the whole week – which was great for me! Sadly others in our group got a lot more bites.

Sadly we had to use the facilities of the nurse and doctor as one of our party had an ear infection. The nurse and doctor were brilliant she even rang him the next morning to see how he was and when we saw her later on in the week, she again checked on his progress.

Do check out the Sunny Times which you can pick up from reception to see what is going on for the day – there were lots of activities for all ages. One area which was disappointing for us was the evening entertainment which seemed mainly geared towards families and younger children – although we did enjoy the Sesame Street Parade!

The gym in the hotel is brilliant; also there are classes such as yoga, water aerobics, etc on during the day too. The gym is split into 2 buildings; one with all the CV equipment and the other weights and fitness balls. All the equipment seemed new.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend to those who like beach/pool holidays but would not personally return as we prefer to go out and about and explore on our own and as we were strongly advised to only go out of the resort with an organised tour this made our time in Jamaica less enjoyable but for those of you who prefer guided tours then this is the holiday for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Groveland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We are a family of four with children at the age 11 and 9. This was our 2nd time to Jamaica in 6 months. We wanted to share this place with our kids as soon as we could! Being their first time out of the Country (USA) we knew that taking them to Jamaica would be a perfect experience because the locals are warm hearted, friendly, helpful and respectful.It is a safe place for all ages and genders to travel!
For example: on the bus ride over to Negril from Montego Bay we stopped in a town Lucea to use the restroom and to have some tasty Jerk Chicken & Red Stripe, unfortunently I left my purse behind on the porch. As we got to Beaches Resort 45 minutes away I realised that I had left it. I totally paniced because my passport, wallet, Kindle, camera, cell phone, and medications were in there!!! My husband paid the bus driver to take him back to retreive it and he did with nothing missing. That says a lot about the trust worthy people.
While we were waiting at the resort the staff sympothised with my situation and upgraded our reservation to Concierge service. Our room was perfect, clean and cool maybe a little small but we do not spend time in our room for anything other than to sleep. The beds were a little small but we just cuddled up. (im sure that if I asked for a bigger bed I would have recieved it). Our view from the room was adirect shot to the ocean and a partial veiw to the water slide. Our housekeeper was wonderful!!! kept our room clean with more than plenty towles & toiletries, we tried to tip her and she would not take it.
The pools were all pretty big, never feeling too crowded, and they were clean. They do close them every night around 6 for treatment so we just went in the ocean... not a big deal breaker for us. The bartenders are amaizing, they make sure that everyone is getting whatever they need and they know exactally how to keep a smile on your face. A special thanks to Oneil and Ned!!! Good job fellas!
The food was good, not great... but also not a deal breaker for us. There was never a shortage, always somewhere or something to eat. The Buffett had a nice selection, plenty of fruit and veggies if you can not find anything you want. It had a great presentation and fully stocked. The Japanese reastraunt Kimono's was more like Chineese food rather than Japaneese. I celabrated my birthday that night and they prepared a cake for me making it special.
The Italian reastraunt was great, good food great service and a wonderful setting. All of the poolside restraunts have great fast food!
The 7 mile beach is beautiful!!! Lots of lounge chairs, towels and shade available. The watersports are readily availble for you and there guides are super fun and friendly. Snorkling was wonderful excluding all of the other freaks that dont know how to act in the water. Sharren known as OB was an amazing leader and photagrapher. The locals on the beach are awsome, most of them are willing to accept no as your answer but some haggle you a little more. We know they are just trying to survive so we buy our suviners and do extra activities to try to support them all. We have made great friends over the last year with COOL RUNNINGS FISHING, Devon & Colton are amaizing!!! If you enjoy fishing look them up, ask about them or look for them at the bouys ege. We have fished with them twice and gone on 2 Real Jamaica outings with them, totally COOL friends.
We have been to both Dunns river falls & Mayfeild falls. I prefer the Mayfeild falls because it is less commercialized, beautiful and have very smart natives that lead you on your tour of both land and water.
Good job to all of the staff at Beaches, we feel like we made several new friends & we look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: The 600 building was a good location, just make sure to be selective on the bed size that you need o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!