“Fantastic option on 7 mile Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $335 in Air Credit!
Ranked #11 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Floyds Knobs, Indiana, United States
“Fantastic option on 7 mile Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just returned from a family vacation to Beaches Negril. I have previously stayed there with a group of friends on an adult vacation and had a blast then. I was excited to experience it with my family. I have also visited Beaches Turks and Beaches Ocho Rios as well as other family friendly hotels. We had a great time at this resort. Staff was fantastic - super friendly, warm, & Welcoming. We arrived on a Saturday via Reggae Tours on a private transfer (which I would highly recommend) and there was a small band playing welcome to Jamaica upon arrival, drinks in hand for us, cold towels of course, smoothies for the kids. I felt like we were coming home to family. Then upon check in (concierge lounge as we were in a Beach Front Suite) they had apples and cookies for the kids which went over well. :) Everyone from maintenance to housekeeping to restaurant staff, kids club staff, etc. was just really friendly. I felt like they were just so excited to see us. They call the little girls Princess, and my 4 year old told me at one point, "They think I'm a princess!".

Beach is absolutely fantastic. Love the cabanas - well worth the money I think for at least 1 day. Makes it very relaxing. We found lots of starfish in the ocean which was neat. The beach was clean, soft, and water was gorgeous. Beauitful sunsets. 7 mile beach is public so people do walk up and down but it never bothered me as there was security always there so everyone kept moving. I never felt harassed or bothered by anyone. All i had to do was nod my head no if someone asked if I wanted to jet ski or whatever and they kept moving. That is not the case at all the hotels in Negril. I really appreciated that.

Pools are not huge but they're nice. It's more about the beach here. There are nice big water slides (have to be over 42 inches to use) and then there is a nice large splash park and lazy river. The lazy river has a really good current so is a lot of fun! We never had any problem getting rafts. The pools are deeper though they do have ledges that little ones can walk on so I was happy to have swimmies so the kids could swim around on. I saw others with babies that brought their own floats. You can also buy them in the store if you don't want to bring them.

I asked what the occupancy level was and it was in the high 70's and we had tons of elbow room so that was good. I do have to say that pool chairs around the pool that is geared towards kids are hard to get if you don't get one in the morning, but the other pool always had chairs available and tons of chairs on the beach. The resort is not large so you're always close to everything which i really liked.

Everything is well kept here with the buildings and landscaping. It was all very clean.

Food is good, not great. Beaches Turks has the best food of all the beaches. But definitely much better than other family friendly hotels on the island. I'm a vegetarian so a little bit picky, but they always had something for me and were willing to get the kids anything. We were at Kimonos, the hibachi grill restaurant, and my son made a comment about not wanting the sushi, and the waitress overheard so brought him a plateful of french fries and then went and got both the kids ice cream for dessert. This restaurant does not have this food so they had to go elsewhere to get this food. Another restaurant did this for us too so it was really great as the kids always were so attended to even when they were being annoyingly picky. :) definitely above and beyond.

We stayed in a Beach Front Suite which i really enjoyed. It's a very large suite with a king bed and pull out sofa (definitelya double and could fit 2 kids) and we had a rollaway with still plenty of room to walk around. Flat screen tv, xbox in the room, very nice balcony. There is a nice large vanity area with Jack & Jill sinks so plenty of room to get ready. There is only 1 toilet and 1 shower and the 1 and 2 bedroom suites that are there do have 2 bathrooms which would be really nice for getting ready and early morning when everyone is doing everything at once. I would try to stay in one of those again. The view is of the ocean but they are set back from the beach a bit so I would say the name is a bit misleading as they're ocean view not right on the beach so keep that in mind. I am a travel agent with Beach Bum Vacation so was privy to see the other rooms. All the rooms look great and have undergone renovations so I was very pleased to see that. Traveling with kids though that extra space is crucial! It changes the whole tone of the vacation because you're not on top of each other.

Overall we had a wonderful time and will definitely go back. It's a lot of fun, and I love the energy of the Beaches Resorts. They're so much fun from their daily activities, to the pools, the beaches, the parade (which is really cool), the beach parties, Club Liquid (fun for teens in the evening and a TON of fun for adults after 11 pm - i did that on my group vacation - we had a blast! the whole bit - I just really enjoyed it and am excited to go back whether it be with friends or with kids. They are family!

Room Tip: If traveling with kids, highlly recommend the Beach Front Suite or higher (i.e. 1 , 2, and 3 bedroom...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Polish first
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The trip from Montego Bay to this resort is 90 minutes on a winding bumpy road which our kids did not enjoy. Arrival and check in was very smooth and we were offered drinks and wet towels to freshen up. The front desk staff was friendly and very professional.

We found the hotel rooms small for a family of four with two teenage girls. The sound proofing between rooms is not very good (as others have commented) due to the connecting doors which most rooms seem to have. We had a very loud couple in the next room during most of our stay and we got to hear their shouting matches in the morning and evenings. That said, I have no doubt the Beaches staff would have relocated us if we had asked but we did not want to waste half a day repacking and moving.

The beach is very good although it is public and some guests were put off by the locals soliciting to sell you just about anything. Our girls were quite amused to be openly offered some 'funny' stuff to smoke but I can imagine some people could be quite shocked by it. Resort security does a good job of making sure guests are not overly disturbed by the sales people.

The water sport facilities offered are exceptional in our experience and our family made full use of the various boat trips, snorkeling and watercraft available. All the water sport equipment we used was in good condition. The resort grounds, gym and other sport facilities are very well looked after and all the staff we met had a genuine smile and greeting.

The food was very good. We tried all the restaurants with the Italian voted best by our family. The Stewfish restaurant on the beach also had some amazing Jamaican fish dishes.

The evening entertainment was mixed with a lot of it pitched towards families with younger children but our teenagers still found enough activities to keep themselves occupied. We paid the optional $42 for WiFi access for the week and found it to be OK for what we needed - email and general surfing but it was not up to streaming YouTube HD videos.

We have traveled to many family resorts on various islands in the Caribbean and this resort probably had some of the best recreation facilities, food and service we have experienced to date.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
great mills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We flew down to MoBay from BWI on Air Tran and would HIGHLY recommend the upgrade to business class. Not only do you get to avoid the long lines at check in, but head strait to the front of the security lines as well. Upon arrival at MoBay airport we were 1st off, had just our carry on so proceeded right to the Sandals/Beaches welcome rooms. As usual staff were wonderful and we only had to wait in the room for 5minutes before being told out shuttle was ready. The bad part was once we arrived at the shuttle van we had to wait another 25min in the hot van before our driver arrived. He told us they had to make sure no one else needed to go to Sandals or Beaches Negril. Not sure why we couldn't have waited in the A/C of the welcome rooms.
Arrived at Beaches Negril to check in to our concierge rooms. (We has asked for ground floor rooms prior to arrival). We were told the room wasn't ready just yet ( we arrived at 1pm) but that it should be ready soon so we were escorted over to lunch. 2pm, no room. 3pm no room finally at 4pm ground floor room was ready. We arrived at the room ( when I walked in I thought I saw something crawl under the bed but dismissed it, more about this later) Unpacked and headed to the beach to relax.
We ran in to our favorite Cabana attendent Denesha ( she is AMAZING!!) and she filled us in on all the new additions to the hotel and change over of staff from our visit last year. Getting a cabana even for day is a splurge well worth it. You get the cabana from 8am to 5pm and are served breakfast and lunch right on the beach as well as having bar service and a cooler filled with water, fruit juice and beer.
We went back to the room changed and headed off to Stewfish for our dinner reservations. We headed back to the room after dinner as we had a long day of travel. I was in the bathroom when something bumped in to my foot. I looked down and there was a crab about 2 inches wide walking on the floor. Needless to say I freaked out. I found a glass and put it over the crab after chasing it out of the bath area. I then looked around the room to see if there were more. We had a total of 8 crabs running around the room ( that is what I saw going under the bed when we arrived). Housekeeping came and removed the crabs and said it was crab season and it happens sometimes. Hugh the head maintenance man took care of the problem by our 2nd day as the crabs were chewing through the rubber seal at the bottom of the door. Once he replaced the seal no more crabs.
Next day we headed out on the 930am snorkel trip. Big Rick and Carlington were our boat captain and snorkel guide this year. They were AMAZING taking us over the next 6days to Middle Reed, Boobie Cay, Sand Key, Pelican Reef etc. Not only did they take us out, but went in the water and picked up star fish, sea cucumbers, sea urchins etc for us to hold even a Puffer Fish in full puff to hold.
We decided to try a photo shoot at sunset with the Beaches staff. We ended up with Adrienne as our photographer. He was funny and engaging getting us to do silly poses and really loosen up and enjoy ourselves. The pictures he took came out wonderfully. I though the picture/cd packages were way, way over priced for what you receive. $165 for 10 printed pictures and a CD.
Getting the concierge to make reservations for us ended up harder than we thought. We asked the 1st day we arrived for them to make reservations for us everynight at what was the Seville and is now called the Venetian. Concierge was unable to accommodate us so we had to wait until the evening to make arrangements. Shanea was the hostess with the mostess :) as she was able to fit us in 4 out of the 6 evenings.

Tash the supervisor at Kimonos was funny and we had a great time kidding around with her while waiting for our chef to come out.

At the Mill where we had breakfast every morning Kamilla and Arica could not have been any nicer. We had one of them every morning and they always had the best table by the pool for us with juice and fruit delivered as soon as we sat down. Shout out to Michael who make the most amazing omlets and makes it look so easy.

This year we found the staff to be a notch better than last year. More helpful, more of everything. They even had fun teaching us a new Jamaican word everyday and making sure we practiced.

Club Mobay is a MUST for everyone. Excellent service at the airport both getting to the front of the security line but also the club at the gates ( by gate 9). A/C, clean bathrooms, showers, spa services, unl drinks, flat screen TV's, Wifi, light lunch food and snacks etc. For only $30.00 per person you cannot go wrong.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nancy Finn from MyIsland Getaways was the absolute best...
We were recommended by my best friend who used Nancy for her honeymoon. Nancy and MyIsland Getaways was the best recommendation, from the start I knew we would getting married in Jamaica seeing I was born there, Nancy helped us narrowed down the location...Beaches Negril was perfect our son was very excited and had a great time.

Upon arriving we were surprised of the upgrades that Nancy arranged for us. The ocean views from our room was amazing, the resort staffs were great. We had 21 guests and everyone enjoyed themselves; one couple is planning on making it a yearly visit. Beaches Negril was awesome, the beach ceremony was breathtaking and we enjoyed the reception on beach.

Thank you, Nancy and Island Getaways, for everything you did to make our dreams come true.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We recently traveled to Beaches, Negril for a wedding for our friends. All I can say is Holy Wow!! The staff was beyond friendly and helpful, the rooms were immaculate and exactly as described, the beach was absolutely beautiful and everything promised was given beyond my expectations. Winston at the grill, Nickoy on the beach and pools, O'Neil and Lorenzo behind the bar, and Denisha our cabana attendant... I speak for our group when I say you made our vacation more memorable than you know. I will definitely consider another vacation here again. We just got home yesterday and I'm ready to schedule another trip!

• Stayed April 2013
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for two weeks and the service was excellent! The beach was one of the best I have seen in the caribbean!
All staff were amazing, but special mention goes to O Neil and Archer at the beach bar, they took very good care of us!
We would highly recommend it for families and couples!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The service is excellent, everyone is so helpful (Daniella was great ) food is fantastic and entertainment is very good. but:
-we wanted to book two interconnecting rooms as we are a family of 4 we have two young children but they said you pay for the room and there is no guarantee to have two interconnecting room which wasn't true. We ended up booking one room which was too small for the four of us. Would advise you to book a suite if available.
-secondly, the kids club didn't meet our expectations (children 1.5 and 3year old) it was just supervision rather than animation. We used to go to club med and it is much better in terms of Childcare.
The overall experience was very good but it was just different. It is all about expectations.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!