“Fantastic staff, Ok Food, Cracking service !” 5 of 5 stars

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up To $335 in Air Credit!
Ranked #12 of 90 Hotels in Negril
“Fantastic staff, Ok Food, Cracking service !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited this resort in April and after reading various reviews we really didn't know what to think, the holiday was booked via Virgin Holidays who gave this resort a huge thumbs up I'm pleased to say that we were not disappointed. The whole holiday was Fab, I really can't remember all the names as everybody (except the spar lady's) were out of this world from the guys on the beach to the great people who cleaned our room they really made us feel at home without being over the top. I can only hink of One bad thing (lack of nighttime entertainment), food is not as great as some reviews would lead you to believe Stewfish is fantastic, also the Italian however they need to step up on their game all in all a great place to visit and One I'd recommend.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
  • Polish first
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our 3rd time at the Beaches Resorts. We have booked this vacation for the spring break time of our family and coming from Minnesota the Caribean is a must!. Without any doubt I will recommend Beaches Negril over Beaches at Ocho Rios and over all Beaches at Turks and Caicos but that one is more expensive.
We went with our 9 yo and our 3 yo, we all enjoyed a lot, and we all got the opportunity to get activities and plans appropiate for each age.
The staff was super friendly with my children. The resort is newer than Ocho Rios, but the rooms are smaller. Unless you get a suite.
I liked way much better the fact the Negril has a long (7 mile beach), beautiful! and we always got chairs and shadow spots.
Another plus is that over 8 Rios, Negril is closer to the airport.
I used the kids club for my 3 year old and she enjoyed. There is an Xbox arcade that my 9 yo used too.
The shows at night were fantastic and the food was ok. We like it the buffet restaurant better than the other ones. The breakfast buffet included full meals like plantains, pork and fish wich I think is fantastic if you were having breakfast around 10 am.
I won't hesitate to spend the money at Negril over Ocho Rios. Both of them are fantastic, We went the first week of April and the weather was just perfect....it rains in the afternoons though.
The only "complain" that I will say I have is that we got a Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront concierge room and we didn't get any "special" treatment and the room was not very spacious

Room Tip: We are 4 and got a Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room....It was not very big, the view...
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Beaches Negril is so amazing it is so difficult to come back to cold weather in Chicago. From the moment we were greeted at the airport to the transportation we were amazed at the attention given to us and the hospitality. Immediately when arriving on the resort we were greeted with smiles and a warm welcome. Instantly my husband and I felt at peace and at home knowing that everyone was is good spirits and cheerful at ALL HOURS of the day (literally). The resort in general was clean ( even when there was construction) well lit and even the common areas were kept up with.
I was weary of food on a resort but I have no complaints the food was just as amazing as the people. I would recommend Beaches to everyone I know ( and have been doing so since being back to reality).

Because everyone is so relaxed there, there was a moment that I forgot we were their for our destination wedding!!

Beaches Negril staff present as having so much pride in their resort and work so hard to accommodate and provide a fun and relaxed experience. I honestly have no complaints about the resort overall. I will say I did get eaten up by Mosquitos but eh thats what Cortizone is for so just prepare some before you go.

Make sure to use VIP Vacations to assist with planning for the best vacation/destination wedding ever!!
VIP Vacations Inc. made planning our destination wedding as easy as 1,2,3. Going in to planning a destination wedding was something new for me and not having any idea where to start, a simple email to Jennifer Doncsecz started what could have been one of the best decisions I have made! The entire VIP team was helpful and informative whether I called or emailed. I was always given a quick response even if it was a very simple question. VIP made every attempt to accommodate us even when changes were made last minute and when guest became difficult. VIP was very helpful in also finding ways to save money and provided suggestions for making the destination wedding experience worth every penny. I do not regret anything about my experience and hope to use VIP for anniversaries and vow renewal in the future! The fact that VIP works closely with Beaches Negril (where our wedding took place) and other Sandals Resorts made all arrangements fall into place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We (myself, my wife, and our two young sons) vacationed at Beaches Negril from April 2 to April 9 2013. This is our second stay at a Beaches resort - we stayed at the Turks & Caicos resort last year.

In a nutshell, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. There is a reason so many people leave positive reviews of this place - the facilities, activities, food, and beach are all top notch. The staff are amazing and are great hosts. They work hard and are attentive to your needs. From the moment we arrived to the day we left I found the service to be very friendly and accommodating.

Special thanks to Lucine our concierge and Lorenzo and Jodian at the pool bar. Nadia was our server for a few mornings at the Mill and the Italian restaurant and she was great. We put our kids in the kids club every day for a few hours and they loved the activities that they did. Special thanks to Pollyanna, Samantha, Claudia, and Dorrett and the rest of kids club staff for caring for our boys during their time in the kids club.

We try to vacation once or twice a year and we have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean. There is a lot of choice out there for travelers, but Beaches Negril is above many of the places we have stayed so far. We have already decided to return next year.

Manly, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

after coming to beaches resort for a week i didnt want to leave!!!! the place is fab everyone is so friendly and helpfull there were to many names to remember but lorenzo, jodian and domonic on the pool bar made my holiday! nothing was too much for them, they were always smiling, happy and chatty such wonderful people!!! I would definitely go back there again!!! thank you so much!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our third trip to Beaches Negril and this resort and especially the staff, continue to provide us with an outstanding week in the sun. This resort is perfect for families with a perfect mix of child oriented activities, Sesame Street is a big hit with our six year old son and the characters work hard to engage and delight all of the kids. The evening shows also kept our son entertained for hours at a time and therefore kept his parents engaged as well. The food is of a good variety, changing every day and sufficient healthy food that we do not feel that we need to eat any fried food. I would ask that there be a few more gluten free options as this is important for us as a family. The activities available on the resort keep us there all week, water sports, beach, swimming pool, crafts etc., all made for a very busy week. I would ask that you maintain the watersports equipment a little better as the quantity of some was low (life jackets, paddle boards) and no proper paddles for paddle boards. I also want to mention Tanya from entertainment who is one of the prime reasons we have already booked for next year. As well Ricardo saw my room safe open and made sure that myself and the manager were aware and that nothing was missing. People such as these two are why we continue to return.

Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family & I first visited this all-inclusive family-friendly resort April, 2012 and had a great time (even though I did not write a review for some reason). We enjoyed it so much we decided to go again and were not disappointed. It was even better than the first time. Beaches opened a new place to eat the day we arrived (Cafe de Paris) which was a nice surprise. Their ice cream choices were a little limited and no one seemed to know how to make a crepe even though they have a crepe machine, but the pastries and cookies were great and everchanging. It's not a serve yourself place so it keeps the food displays neat and clean.

We were again given a concierge room which is nice and helps with making dinner reservations and other requests. We really enjoy the Nescafe machine in the concierge room for the french vanilla coffee and hot chocolate.

On our last visit Beaches was remodeling the buildings next to The Mill so it was closed most of the time - that may be why this trip was better since all of the dining options were available. We had breakfast most mornings at the Mill, but one morning we ate at Stewfish and it was outstanding. We had one dinner at Stewfish and it was probably the best dinner of the whole trip. Major improvement over last time. We ate at Kimono's twice for dinner and enjoyed it greatly. We had lunch at Arizona's a couple of times and it was great, too. The pizza place is still good, but the service is so SLOW. I guess it's worth the wait. Speaking of slow, we ate dinner at the renamed Venetian and our food took so long we were going to miss the Sesame Street show so we left to see the show and came back for our entrees. They were very accomodating of our request and the food was good and hot. The renamed Bar B Q Park had a wonderful mahi mahi wrap and my husband enjoyed the short ribs. There seemed to be a long list of fodd choices that was much improved over our last visit.

The staff was all very nice and friendly. I'm not good with names, but we recognized a few faces from our last trip and they acted like they remembered us, too. Our room maid created several cute towel animals that our daughter loved. One was even wearing her sunglasses. It seemed like everytime we turned around the Sesame Street characters were around. On our last trip it seemed limited, but this time there were lots of opportunities for pictures and interactions. We didn't pay extra for the character breakfast since it didn't seem necessary.

This trip the resort was much more crowded and it was a bit challenging sometimes to find chairs arounds the pool areas that were shaded, but if you're not too picky you can always find something. It didn't seem like anyone was monitoring the lazy river this time. People jumped in and out without any sort of thought to safety. No one pushed the life jackets or seemed to care about any sort of wild horseplay. This was one area that I thought had declined. There were more inner tubes than before.

The nightly entertainment was very enjoyable. We saw the Sesame Street show each night it was available and stayed for a few shows afterwards. They usually had some sort of dance group or someone singing. Their version of an audience participation show (which I've grown tired of at other resorts) was a staff/guest talent show and one time they had a child/parent game show. These were a nice change of pace.

This time we tried the kids camp since our daughter was now 2. We left her for one afternoon and she seemed to have a good time. They had a outing to see Elmo for story time and she had her picture taken so we got to see what she did. I felt much better about leaving her once I realized that they give you a cell phone in case they need to contact you and they showed me how to call them if I was worried about anything. The staff seemed very caring and they have lots of activities and toys for the kids.

Overall this was a great trip and we'll definitely plan to go back. I do wish the resort was closer to the airport since the bus trip and flight makes for a long day of traveling with a young child.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
The Caves
The Caves
#4 of 90 in Negril
5.0 of 5 stars 559 reviews

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!