“Broken-Hearted To Be Home!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$305 Spa/Tour Credit!!
Ranked #10 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Chester, United Kingdom
“Broken-Hearted To Be Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Loved it! I sailed, snorkelled, dived & swam; my kids dossed around with new friends; and my wife lay in the sun and read a book. All the while we were pampered by the most friendly staff and we ate & drank as we pleased.

What a fantastic family holiday! My biggest problem now is finding the funds and time to go back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Polish first
Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 4 nights and 3 days at the Beaches resort in Negril, Jamaica. This was a great trip for our family with twin 6 years olds! Both my son and my daughter LOVED it and did not want to leave. We went in February, so it was not unbearably hot during the day and there were even some nice breezes to cool us down a bit. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 simply because of the food. The food was not great. Additionally, the spa is way over-priced. However, there were many things that were fantastic - especially the beautiful beach! Here is a more detailed review:

The Beach
Pro's:
The beach is gorgeous! That blue, blue water and soft white sand and beautiful sunsets are hard to beat! Plenty of room for swimming, walking and tons of activities that are included in the price you pay to stay. We went sea kayaking, took an excursion on a glass bottom boat - perfect for young kids. You can also go paddle boarding, take out a small catamaran, ride those silly big tricycles or simply borrow a float from the pool.
Cons:
You have to get up early to reserve your favorite seats on the beach or by the pool. Get a beach/pool towel and hold onto it because the will all be gone by the afternoon and hard to come by.

Pool -
Pro's: my kids LOVED the pool, water slides and lazy river! They had such a great time. This resort is smaller than some of the other really giant ones, so we did not have to worry too much about them wandering off and getting lost. There are two large pools, one is more for adults, the other more family oriented. There are also 3 hot tubs on the property that were not as hot as you might expect them to be - but it is already HOT down there, so it didn't bother us too much. Kids liked to jump in there and warm up after hours in the pool.
Con's:
water slide and lazy river closed by 5:30 pm; towels are gone by the afternoon.

Rooms:
We had a honeymoon deluxe room that had a king sized bed and a fold out couch bed. Our kids slept on the fold out bed fairly comfortably, but I would not recommend this for older, bigger kids or adults! Our room was a nice size with a large bathroom and tub. We were in the 100 - 200 block of rooms which we really liked because the were all the way at the end of the property - close proximity to the kids pool and slides, but nice and quiet at night! Mostly heard crickets at night. the 300 - 500 blocks are in the middle closer to pools and restaurants. If you like more nightlife, request rooms closer to the 700-900 blocks. The 900 is at the other end and is next to the Couples resort that is adults only.

FOOD
Pro's: All inclusive makes it easy to just show up and eat. The nicest restaurant was Seville, the Italian restaurant. We all really liked the food there - but make your reservations in advance! Even before you arrive! You can always change them after you get there, but if you don't have them, you may not get to eat there. The Japanese restaurant was pretty good too, but a little salty. Pizza on the beach is great! Free ice cream near the kids slide was also a big plus and the frozen drinks for kids and grown ups were a big hit.
Cons:
The buffet food was average to bad most of the time. The fruit was not very fresh. We tended to make our own salads from the salad bar every day. The kids food is NOT healthy. We fed our kids yogurt and salads each day, but they also ate a lot of fruit loops and pizza and pasta. I was desperate for fresh fruit and salad by the time we got home. Arizona's grill is full of fried and deep fried food. Yuck. The chicken tortilla soup was good and the chicken caesar wrap was not fried, so it was ok.

STAFF:
the staff, for the most part, were delightful and very accommodating. There are times when you will want to tip and the marketing for Beaches makes it seem like you will never need another penny after getting there. We wanted to tip the people who loaded our luggage and the lovely woman that cleaned our room everyday. She made cute animal creatures out of towels and left them on their beds everyday and folded the kids clothes.

One other thing to consider - from Atlanta, it was a 2.5 hour flight + international customs + 1.5 hour bus ride from airport to resort. This made for a full day of travel there and back. It would have been better to go for 5-10 days instead of 4 nights that only allowed for 3 days at the resort. It was a long day of travel for two 6 year olds! But they listened to books on their ipods and that made it easier.

Overall, we would go again! Despite the food! And we would stay for a longer time. We came home relaxed and with very happy memories!

Room Tip: 100 - 300 blocks are at one end and are much quieter and closer to kids stuff. 400 - 600 rooms loca...
Levittown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I got to Beaches on Feb 14. We immediately made a few reservations. We rented a cabana from the 18th through the 21st, made a reservation for a birthday night at Kimono's, and a reservation at the Seville for a Tuesday night. Monday morning, we went out to the beach to enjoy our cabana, only to find someone else in it. I walked back to the concierge. We checked the reservation book, which had names scribbled all over it, only to find out that someone had crossed us out, and added a different name. All of the other were booked, so they put us under an umbrella, and pretended that it was a cabana. I decided to check on my reservations for the two restaurants. Well, both were never actually put into the reservation system. On my sister in laws birthday, we were stuck with no reservations. The concierge squeezed us in with a 915 pm reservation. This was actually after Kimonos usually closes. Traveling with 3 kids, two were almost sleeping for dinner time. My Tuesday reservation at Seville was not made either. The cabana was a good place to stay out of the shade. That's it. The person working the cabana was very friendly, but definitely not worth it. We placed a lunch order around 1145 am, and we received the order around 230pm. Well, the cabana received it around 230, I went and got lunch myself elsewhere, as I couldn't wait that long. If you don't eat fish, don't go to Stew Fish, as there aren't many other options. The buffet is called the Mill. Dinner at the Mill is always themed. French night, Mexican night etc... They go a little overboard with the theme, so if you don't like Mexican, there's barely any other choices. So, for example, if you don't like Mexican, and don't have a reservation elsewhere, you will find yourself at Arizona's or the BBQ station located by the pool. Arizona's menu doesn't change at all. Same food every day. We got stuck eating hamburgers by the pool one night for dinner. most of the staff was very friendly, excluding a bartender by the main pool, that got annoyed that I ordered a cup of ice. When we booked, we received 150 dollar spa credit, and a free catamaran cruise for two for each room booked. We had to fight with the spa, and with the concierge for 3 days to get the fees taken care of. Four separate times, we had to bring a copy of our confirmation numbers so they can photo copy them. I guess they lost it 3 times. I don't know why, but we couldn't ever find a good drink at the bar. We tried so. Many of them, but couldn't find that one great drink.
Kids camp was great. My 12 and 9 year olds loved it every day. They checked themselves in and out when they wanted to, and had a blast. Special thanks to Samantha, who was a great leader, and a lot of fun with the kids. The catamaran cruise in the Katt was a lot of fun. The GM of the escort, Adrian, took care of some of the monetary issues, and got us a personal ride back to the airport for our troubles...

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is my 1st time writing a review, i usually just read them. I have been to jamaica before and to DR twice. Of all the resorts I have visited, Beaches was the best. We chose Beaches because we have a 3 year old daughter. Couldnt ask for more. Everyone was very welcoming. Yes, there was a few snags here and there, but overall we will do it again. The food was very good. I am a vegetarian and had many choices at every food place. Most of the staff went above and beyond. Some special ones were Kayoline and catherine (not sure on the spelling) from the Mill. Very kid friendly. Winston from the snack place, made sure I got veggie burgers. Every bathroom on the property was clean and stocked always. The security i found impressive. Some how they knew who didnt belong there on the beach (not sure how). Entertainment for kids-very good. Tanya (?) always called by daughter by name. Did do a beach massage by Diane- a must! I do wish the photo people would of taken more photos. For trips off the resort, my husband did a fishing trip that he loved. We did go shopping, didnt care much for the shops. Rick cafe I felt we needed to go to. My advice, take a boat trip there. the divers were very aggressive for tips, boarderline rude. I forget the island tours man name but he was helpful and friendly. My only "complaint" would be the beds. I do have a bad back and the bed was unbearable. I slept most nights on the pull out sofa. If you want a excellent vacation,here is the place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are a Beaches family so this may be biased. Last year we went to beaches in Ochos Rios and broke our family’s policy of never going to the same destination twice. So we bent the rules by still staying in Jamaica, but trying the other Beaches resort and we were not disappointed. If you were to ask which one we liked better it is hard to say, both had their own niches. Ochos Rios had more waterslides and a smaller feel to it while Beaches Negril had the larger/nicer beach, but a smaller water slide park. Pros of Beaches Ochos Rios/Boscobel: Large water park facility, friendlier staff (however Negril was friendly too), smaller feel resort, much less hassle from the vendors on the beach. Cons: Longer ride from the Airport then Negril, Small yet adequate beach. Pros of Beaches Negril: Much larger/nicer beach. Mini golf course. Lots of free ocean stuff like glass bottom boat (a must), waterskiing/wave board/banana raft, etc. Cons: Still a long ride from Airport (1hr 20 min), larger resort, although still very friendly (like all of Jamaica) not as warm as the Ochos Rios resort, much more hassle from local beach vendors as this is on Seven Mile Beach (this can be irritating at times)

Room Tip: I would recommend the Savanna room section as it is located in front of beach and is located in betw...
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We just returned from 5 day at the resort and my kids had the best time of their life. (Their words not mine). Staff is so friendly which is what Jamaica is all about. All of the restaurants that we tried were very good, especially Arizona's and Stew Fish. Staff really treated our kids great and greated them by name. Special thanks you's to Stacy Ann, Gregory and Oshane at Arizona's and Oneil at Stew Fish. You made us feel at home and the kids are alreayd clamoring to go back.
We did no and use the kids camps but they had a lot to do every day and the kids that were part of them seemed to have a great time. We did make extensive use of the facilities including the Spa, watersports, and the ice cream machine. My oldest son (15) loved hanging out in Trench Town and Club Liquid. Scratch DJ was also a big highlight for him. Overall a great place.
My only complaint has nothing to do with Beaches or the Staff, it is the rude guest who think that just because they are on vacation that they can trash things, or steal things such as the ping pong paddles, and balls. We have already booked a return trip and can't wait to go back

Room Tip: We were in the 200 building and it was quiet back there.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We just returned from Beaches Negril, making this the 4th time to this resort! We love it there! We have 2 children (17 and 12) and the size and activities at this resort are perfect for our family. It is so fun to arrive at the resort and re-unite with a lot of the same staff as the years past. Courtney, Novia and Dorrette are so sweet welcoming us with hugs and Dorrette commenting on how are girls have grown (remembering them years ago in kids camp.) The scuba diving is amazing with an awesome big dive boat. The dive staff is very helpful with Craig and Samuel being extra amazing. Fun was had by all with Oneil at the Stewfish beach bar! The watersport guys made the beach extra exciting, especially Alton and Tyron! Our daughter had her senior pictures taken by the amazing Antwayne! He was so patient and took unbelievable pictures that will be keepsakes forever!! The girls met so many teenagers, thanks to the entergetic Fasha and Nicholas with the teen club. They know how to unite kids and make freindships! When we were leaving, they arranged for the kids to meet us at the front desk to give hugs and say good bye. Fasha even gave our girls a special gift! Truly amazing! The food at the resort keeps getting better each year, it is delicious with a lot of variety! We were also impressed with how the managers are accessible and truly interested in the guest's comfort. Kendra, with the Sandals Foundation, has been so helpful giving to the locals and community. We have had the privilage of working with her for 3 years. We are already counting the days until next year when we will be back to see our friends at Beaches Negril!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!