“Family” 4 of 5 stars

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $335 in Air Credit!
Ranked #12 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Concord, NC
“Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Our parents stayed at this resort, it's a short walk down the shore from Sandals Negril. It's a family resort and affordable. The kids have lots to do. The food is good and the atmosphere is still cozy for adults. This resort is a sister property of Sandals which means we had the ability to resort hop. We could visit Beaches for food, drinks and dancing. Another reason to visit Negril.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Polish first
Bellshill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I were moved to this hotel after the Grand Pineapple was put up for sale. I went not sure what to expect, but it was amazing, it probably misses out on the social aspect of the Grand Pineapple at night due to its size and it is aimed at the family market.

The beach was stunning. Our sun loungers were outside the waterpark near the beach bar, no noise from the children to write about. Anthony was very helpful on the glass bottom boat trip. Tyron took us sailing and we laughed from start to finish, he made sure we were ok every shift he worked. Getting us bottles of water before the bar opened in the morning, and giving us tips on how to avoid sunburn.

The beach bar was manned with great staff too Abraham you are a well mannered lovely polite young man but your secret cocktail was potent, I managed to drink 2 just to be sure. Ned, Damien,Oneil and Archer kept us topped up with drinks and chat. Samantha fetched us food when we were too tired to move from the beach bar and June served us cocktails when we were too lazy to move from the sun lounger. Simone would pop up to say hello, have a laugh, ask if we were well and even came to wave us off as we left. My only complaint would be the wasps are a bit annoying at the beach bar and the guys were constantly cleaning to try and keep them away, it might just be the season for them.

The security on the beach is good and very friendly. The guys are so protective of you but not intrusive. We went para sailing (outwith the resort) and were told that 7 mile beach is safe but beaches resort is super safe.

We never got fed up with the food and loved the Arizona and the grill. Our room was on the bottom floor 2 mins to the beach and 2 mins to the mill for breakfast, Michael your omelettes were great and your kind words meant a lot. Room was kept clean but a few flys and one mozzi, cant complain about that. You do need an insect cream with deet as the little pests come out at night.

Night life is quiet but there is that much to do in the resort through the day that you are shattered by evening. Omar keep up the singing, god loves a trier and you made me laugh.

It was nice to chat to the Managers Mr Ritchie, Adrian and Rodger, glad to see them out and about, Rodger get your kilt ready for us coming back.

Luthor helped with our luggage and always made us smile everytime we met.

We wanted a stress free chilled holiday and thats what we got. Would I go back? In a heart beat.

Sorry guys if I've missed anyone out but you all do a wonderful job you should be proud.

If you are buying gifts to bring home, buy them from the Jamaican vendors in the resort and not the shops in the town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was bumped to Beaches Negril because The Grand Pineapple had closed...WHAT A BUMP!!! everything was perfect!...
Pick-up at the airport, just go to the Sandals Suite...clean bathrooms and they took care of us!..
1 1/2 hours ride to Negril, very interesting!...
Check-in was so easy....cool towel and a drink, we didn't have to have a bracelet!!!
Off to our Beautiful and Clean room...at Beaches NO TIPPING!.....
The Food was absolutely AMAZING!....
The Drinks DELISH!....I had kids drinks, Just add rum!!!!!
The Beach and the Ocean....OMG! BEAUTIFUL! spent all my time there!...there's shade and/or sunshine whatever you want!!!!
The venders make it ~ Jamaica MON!~I bought a bunch of crap the first day....they left me alone the rest of the week!!!! lol
The people who work here ...make this place friendly and safe!!!! Thank you to them!!!
There's a guy who carves and sells his wood carvings...He's awesome!...and he'll do custom ART for you!!!!
....over all the BEST TRIP EVER!!!! No complaints from me, I'll be back someday!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
What a bump, indeed!! We're so glad to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us at Beaches Negril. The closure of Grand Pineapple was disappointing for some but we're so encouraged to read that your slight "change of plans" turned out well and you had a vacation filled with amazing experiences. Thank you so much for your review!

We hope to see you back again soon!

Cassie C.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Overall I rate this resort 3 out of 5 stars. Here’s an honest assessment of why:

Staff: The best part of this resort! Everyone was extremely friendly, outgoing and eager to please. If it weren’t for the staff, the vacation would have been a total bust. Special thanks to Lorenzo, Okeria and Sandro – the best bartenders I have ever seen! Their mix of fun, respect and hard work was perfect. They were able to entertain all ages.

Demar (photographer) – also amazing!

Transportation: The bus from the airport to the resort did take 1.5 hours. We enjoyed it as you got to see a lot of the “real” Jamaica. Operators do not work for Beaches, don’t be surprised if they are a little rude.

Rooms/resort: Upon check-in we were kindly escorted t our room by Luther who carried all of our bags up 3 flights of stairs in 90 degree weather! He explained the room and its features and even offered to submit our drink request for the refridge. We stayed in the 900’s block. Big mistake! This backs up to “Couples Resort” an all adult resort. For the first 2 nights beginning at 9:30 and lasting until after 11:30 the loud music can be heard. Wouldn’t be bad if It were just my wife and I, but my kids couldn’t sleep at all. I would have thought Beaches would look at the ages of our children when we booked the trip and not given us that room.

The next day, I went to the Concierge and asked to be moved. No problem – again the staff was wonderful and eager to please.

Our new room was in the 300’s block – close to everything. The rooms however are in need of an upgrade. They were not dirty, just very “used” and “tired” looking. Bring some sort of mosquito netting with you! Most of the windows do not have screens – all they have are wooden louvers that do not close 100%. This turned out to be very welcoming for all the bugs. My kids woke up each morning with dozens of bites. I truly understand this is a tropical island and there are bugs, but you should at least be safe in your own room.

Pools were nice, but were always filled with leaves and quite dirty. Many of the tiles were broken off and/or missing – also some green algae stains on the walls.

Food: Full disclosure – I’m an Irish American. As many of you know the Irish are not known for their restaurants – so needless to say I don’t expect much when it comes to food. Unfortunatley I was disappointed. We ate at the buffet most nights as the waits for the other restaurants were very long. The buffet had a different theme each day. However by the 3rd day we all grew quite tired of what seemed like the same food with different presentation. One positive was the pizza – coming from NY it’s not easy to impress – but it did!

Fun: There was no disappointment here! As I mentioned before the staff always made you feel relaxed and were eager to please! The beach was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. My daughter and I brought our own snorkeling gear – we saw tons of fish a few yards out. “Capitan Jack” (apologies as I forgot his real name) at the watersports booth was amazing. I did not take the sailing training and would have to wait until the next day. He saw the look of disappointment on my 2 year olds face. What did he do? He put us all on the boat and sailed with us! Great guy.

Water park was great – lazy river and the 2 waterslides – great for the kids to meet other kids.

As far as the locals on the beach they are very nice and a simple “no” will do the trick. My wife and I made friends with a few of them. Each touched our hearts in a different way. They are people just trying to make a living.

Conclusion: Although the staff were great and we had a lot of fun, I do not think we would go back, or recommend this resort. The reason? The price. For the money we spent, the resort did not meet our expectations (as described above). We went to Punta Cana the previous year – stayed in the Reserve at Paradesuius. Spent about 25% less and our experience was 5 star!

Room Tip: Avoid 900's if you like to sleep
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It's so good to read that our exceptional staff was truly the highlight of your stay. We always strive to fulfill the requests of our guests with eagerness and a friendly, positive attitude. I will be sure to forward your kind words to our managers to send compliments to all staff mentioned.

On the other hand, we regret to read that we were unable to fully meet your expectations. Because of that, please accept my apologies. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process. Therefore, your comments will be passed on to the relevant departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,
Cassie C.
South Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Amazing location, great resort. Good activities for kids - daily Sesame Street shows; also had a circus and a outdoor parade with music, dancing and dinner. Good water park with a whirlpool, lazy-river, water slides, 2 pools with swim-up bars. Ice-cream machines that my kids overused - they spent the trip making their own ice-creams and drinking coke. A XBox game room that my older kid didn't want to leave. Activities on the beach were great - horse-back riding, glass-bottom boats, jet skiing, para sailing etc. My wife loved the spa.

The staff was extremely friendly, always ready to help. They were quick to learn our names, so addressing the kids by name from day-1 had them smiling all the time. The photographers were always ready and present, taking amazing photos of all occasions. The bartenders were great - my favorite were Anthony and Samantha - always smiling and ready with a drink and a joke. The servers were friendly and helpful - Alicia, in the Arizona restaurant, was the best.

Overall, a safe and fun resort. My kids (6 and 13) were running around on their own, and we weren't worried at all.

Only downside was the 1.25 hour trip from the Montego Bay airport to the resort by van.

Room Tip: We had a room in the Savannah section, 1st floor - good room, but the view was of the kids playgroun...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Long Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This week was the best week of me and my families life! The staff really made the trip perfect! The food was great, the rooms were great, the drinks were great. Everything was just great! Let me start off by talking about the bartenders.. They were all so friendly and positive. They all put a smile on my face every time I saw them. Special shout outs to Mitsy, Anthony, Selucia, Okeria, Jason, and Jermaine. Selucia and Mitsy where my favorite girls ever! We became so close so fast! I really doubt my trip would be so great if they weren't there... They were friendly, positive, funny, kind, and had the best specials! Loved them so much! Okeria and Anthony at the bar by tex-mex were delightful. Okeria always sang and just brought so positive energy every time I ordered a drink. Anthony was so funny and kind. He never failed to put a smile to my face every time! Jason was so bubbly and I loved to be around him!
Now for the entertainment staff.. Omar was so great. He is so funny, a great dancer, and is so good with kids. Everyone just fell in love with him! He became a part of the family. Jermaine was great along with Llyod and Oshane. My favorite girl ever would have to be shaniqua! She is new in entertainment and I felt like I known her forever. She was sooooo funny, bubbly, positive, energetic, and every thing about her I just loved. Creaton from watersports is one of the best people I have ever met. He is so wise and I love to talk to him. We had the best conversations. He is an old friend that my family and I have always been very close to. I was disapointed this time because he wasn't allowed to hang around and talk to us. The managers make him leave right after his shift! We come to Jamaica mainly for the people and we were outraged at the fact we couldn't hang out with most of the workers. But it was still a great trip! Another shout out to Damian from Ceville! He is great.. This was just a great week!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Beaches Negril, it was a vacation of a life time. The resort was extremely clean and beautiful. ALL of the staff were nice, friendly and extremely helpful. There were ten of us with five bed rooms and the house staff accommodated those that slept later, while still making sure the reason of the suite was spotless. Our butlers, Novia & Conrad, treated us like royalty and keeping up with all of our comings and goings was a chore. Yet Novia and Conrad did everything with a smile. The 7 year old enjoyed kids camp; plenty of activies. Thanksgiving dinner was a little different and maybe not my idea but the food was good and the entertainment was great. The entertainment every night was excellant. Only once did I get BAD food; 1;30AM the cheeseburger was extremely over cooked, even for someone who just left the club and was looking for food before bed. EXCELLENNT TIME - Can't wait to do again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!