This was the first time my wife and I have tried a Sandals resort. We have been all over Mexico and the Carribean, Cuba and Dominican in the last 22 years. Lately we have been doing an all-inclusive for 1 week and then moving on to a B&B or a Boutique hotel for the second week. Always in January and we always try somewhere different. So this year we decided on 1 week in Negril and 1 week in Montego Bay, both at Sandals. Both spots are beautiful for sure with the white sugar sand and Turquoise waters. Negril is defineately a step above Montego Bay in location and quality of the Hotel. Montego Bay is beside the runway and you hear jets taking off constantly. Montego Bay is more like a compound that they don't want you to wander away from for safety. Negril you can walk for hours which is what we like to do. 2 Beaches resorts are close by and you can use them both if you stay at Sandals so we did and enjoyed that part. The only things that we didn't care for was the quality of the food which didn't seem to be up to par. Not saying it was bad or anything but just not great as advertised. The ala cartes were better but just marginally. The other thing seems to be the quality of the drinks. They appear to be giving you lots of alchol but......don't think so!.......watered down much!
Other than that......absolutely awesome people on staff there. Rooms are quite nice at both spots but the A/C is noisy at night. Whatever you do don't get sucked in to going to Rick's cafe for dinner. It's just bad!.....we felt so ripped off. Apparently in the afternoon, the diving and appetizers are good. But avoid dinner or you will be sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort