“Relaxing in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

You added Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril 167, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$250 Spa/Tour Credit!
Ranked #15 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Wilmington, NC
“Relaxing in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I just got home from a 4 night vacation at Sandals Negril. This was our 6th Sandals vacation and we enjoyed ourselves once again. We stayed in a Club Level room and I would like to give a special thanks to Kevin from concierge. Kevin made sure that our every need was met and went out of his way to find us through out our stay to make recommendations and to see if we needed anything. His smile and service were outstanding!

The beach was beautiful and we were able to sit back and relax, which is what we are looking for on vacation.

Sandals Negril is a smaller resort and reminded us of Sandals Royal Caribbean.

The jerk chicken at the Beach Bistro was amazing!!! We ate it almost every day for lunch. The dinner menus could use some adjustment, but we loved Cucina Romana and wouldn't change a thing there.

Another great trip. We are off to Sandals Grenada in the Spring of 2014.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time visiting our resort.

We can't wait to showcase our new Sandals LaSource when you visit Grenada in 2014!

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (896)
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I waited a year to celebrate our honeymoon and it was well worth the wait to come to Sandals Negril! Our room was a swim up butler suite and it was truly paradise. The property is beautiful and immaculate. There are beautiful flowers everywhere and the beach is so pristine. But the best part of Sandals is the people that work there. Everyone is so friendly and it is just such a "happy" environment. You are greeted warmly everywhere you go and there is always reggae music playing. Disney is not the happiest place on earth--Sandals Negril is! Our butlers were Craig and Theda and they were awesome! They took care of everything--setting up our beach chairs, stocking the bar, sending snacks to the room, having tables with flowers set for us at dinner, putting flowers on the bed, having a bubble bath ready for us after a long day....the list goes on and on! The beautiful breakfast hostess at Bayside was always so friendly and Jacinth from housekeeping who did our turndown and towel service at night was so sweet and funny! The food was delicious--we highly recommend the buffet breakfast at Bayside and dinner at the Sundowner. Kimonos was delicious and our chef was an Asian Jamacian guy...he was hilarious. Go to Kimonos the first night because it is a great place to meet other couples at the start of your trip. Be sure to read the activities list each day because there is always something fun going on and you don't want to miss it. Here are a few more tips for your trip: don't come in on Friday afternoon. The traffic is bad in Mobay and Lucea and you will be in a dead stop over several periods of time. It took us over 2 hours to get to Sandals from the airport and the van you will be in is not a luxury vehicle. Also, you don't have to convert US dollars to Jamaican money...everyone takes US cash and they will be asking for it---all drivers, airport workers, and anyone providing service on an excursion want tips and they are not afraid to ask for it so be prepared. There are tree frogs on the property and at night, they are LOUD. If you have a white noise machine or phone app, you will definately be using it to drown out the frogs! The free internet there is not much faster than dial-up. If you pay $40, you can upgrade to premium internet which is faster but only 3 devices can be connected to the wireless (including phones). Last, ask the bartenders for a Bob Marley and a Miami Vice! Overall, this was the best vacation we ever had and we were so sad to leave. We have been home for almost 48 hours now and we are already planning our next vacation back to Sandals Negril!

Room Tip: The swimup suites in the Sundowner building are wonderful!! Very quiet and the beach is really nice...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Sandals Negril to celebrate your long-awaited honeymoon. It was truly an honor to share such a milestone with you. We are very happy to read how much you loved your well-appointed suite, excellent service, and our friendly staff. It seems you had a great time. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The property was very nice, including lots of beach space and swimming areas. The water was very warm and there was interesting things to see when snorkeling off the shore (starfish, jellyfish, blennies). The pools were clean and refreshing and lots of activities every day at the main pool. It was not crowded and there was plenty of space for everyone. We were upgraded to a butler suite but didn't really find a butler to add a lot to our stay. The biggest perk was having someone reserve chairs in the morning and bring drinks on demand. Our butler, SherryAnn, did put chocolates on our bed at night and decorated the bed with flowers and cutely folded towels. That was a very nice touch. We only found out after arriving that we were upgraded because our original room was under construction. The whole building was under construction and the noise during the day was tremendous. It was in the center of the resort by the beach so it was hard to escape from it. This should have been mentioned up front as it was very annoying on a relaxing week away.

We found the food to be fresh and plentiful. We are not picky eaters and are happy with the basics so keep in mind we are not hard to please. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a fresh fruit smoothy bar. We did a couple days of diving and enjoyed it. We are avid divers and brought most of our own gear (we rented BCDs) so I can't speak to the equipment. Overall the dive masters were good and safety conscious but they went WAY too fast on the dives. You couldn't stop to look at anything without being left behind. With only fair visibility this means when you look up everyone is gone. This was okay with us because we are experienced but for a new diver this is extremely dangerous, and there were a lot of inexperienced divers on our boat. We heard divers complaining that they didn't see anything "cool" on the dives. Not a surprise because you didn't have time to do anything but swim after the DM. Requests to slow down were ignored. I highly recommend going on a snorkel trip as there is lots to see and it is at your own pace.

The major problem we had with our stay was our room location. The room was very nice, we were in a Sundowner Suite, and the bed was comfortable. Its location near the piano bar made it terrible for people who like to get to sleep at a decent time. We are not late night partiers but the DJ plays to 2am. Even with earplugs and a noise machine we could feel the bass vibrating the bed. Three nights we had to call and ask a manager to turn down the music. If you were standing near the bar you couldn't hold a conversation without shouting, so its not like the music couldn't be plenty loud without being heard in our rooms. The other end of the resort was very quiet at night (near the dive shop). If you like to party late, the Sundowner would be perfect. The rooms had shower products and bathrobes provided.

Bottom line: although the noise was a problem, we would return to this Sandals. We would stay in the rooms closer to the dive shop and get the concierge level service.

Room Tip: Rooms by the dive shop are much quieter. The piano bar has a DJ every night until 2am so all rooms i...
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hello Trip Advisor Community.

I have been back from Sandals Negril for a few days now...just enough to be right a objective review of the place. I'll do this in a point form, to keep it clean and quickly readable.

BEFORE THE TRIP:

- First..some background info on the trip we were looking for:

Honeymoon in an all inclusive in the Caribbean (I am 32, my wife is 26, middle class Canadians)

- Why we picked Sandals Negril

Remote, Small resorts, intimate

- What we are afraid of:

Tropical Storms, Too crowded, the food.

DURING THE TRIP:

- Dates: Septembre 23rd to October 1st
- Room: honeymoon suite with Butler Service

The Hots:

CUSTOMER SERVICE is a priority for the staff at Sandals Negril...and it SHOWS...though every staff member was delicate, polite, involved and professional, here are those that stood out.

Christopher and Shernett - waiters at the Cocina Romana:
A1 for their white gloves services. They remembered our names and our preference from the second time we went there (4 times in all)

Shelly-Ann - waiter during a romantic diner on the beach:
Delicate service during a romantic diner. Enhanced the mood by being discrete yet present and ready to serve.

Edward the hotel manager -
A very present manager on site, talks to the customers and introduce his staff member. He is proud of his resort, and it shows. Has a very welcoming presence.

Theda and Craig, our Butlers
There are so many good things I could say about Theda and Craig...They turned a great trip into an extraordinary experience. They didn't wait for us to call them with demands, they were always one step ahead. Bringing us drink before we even asked, preparing afternoon snacks for us, setting up romantic tables during of night at restaurants, reserving our beach chairs, and the list goes on. Their human and friendly approach really charmed us...

BEACH

Great long stretch of white sand and turquoise water. Well kept and clean. Though the beach is long, it is very narrow, going from 15-20 feet to barely 5. What is nice about such a narrow beach is that you are always close to it.

POOL

3 pools - a main one with a swim up bar, lots of activities in this one. A second small one adjacent to a piano bar. More calm and very close to the ocean. The Third pool which leads to the swim-up suites. Even more remote.

WEATHER

Though the resort doesn't control the weather, the way they prepare for it shows their experience. A resume of our weather for the week: Sun from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thunder and sometime storm from 4. p.m. to 6 p.m., Sky clears for sunset and starlite night.

THE ROOMS: Honeymoon suite...perfect...high ceiling, clean and comfortable king size bed with white linen. Clean bathroom. Bar was kept full at all times, ice refreshed twice a day or on demand. Great balcony with terrific view of the sea.

EXCURSIONS:

(about 90$ US each/PP)
Catamaran Cruise: If you have a young crowd, its gonna be a hell of a party, like ours were.
Rafting on the Martha Brae River: Very romantic and soothing.

The Not-so hot:

POOL:
Though the pools are kept clean, I had to use the "strainer" once myself because of the large amount of leaves and dead bugs in the water.
CLIENTS:
Mostly (90% in the week we were there) above middle-class 40+ North-American. During the first few days though, lots of honeymooners, which freshened up the crowd.
RESORT SHOP:
Lots of variety, but as with most shop...very very expensive.

The Not Hot -

Nothing...

Sandals Negril offers a small environment for those who can afford it. Their service match the price that is paid for. The butler service is was really enhance our vacation, and if you are wondering if you should pay the extra cash for....YES...you should....

The sandals family does thing differently, and it shows.

I couldn't dream of a better honeymoon.

Thanks to Sandals Negril, Edward, Theda and Especially Craig for their outstanding job!

Damien & Julie

Room Tip: Suites...pay for the suites....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy that you had a spectacular stay at Sandals Negril. You enjoyed your well-appointed room, our gorgeous property & beach and the excellent service of our friendly staff. We can't wait to welcome you back for another amazing stay in the future!
Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just came back from our trip to Sandals, Negril. Now always thinking, the Sandals franchise, this was the best. I saved our money for a dream vacation. We decided to go to Jamaica, this was a big disappointment. Now all was not horrible, but the rooms were luxurious, but had I know that ALL but 2 restaurants had no Air Conditioning, the weather is VERY HOT and HUMID, so eating and roasting and sweating was not my ideal setting. No one told us this nor did I ever read any reviews on this. The italian restaurant was nice, but still had to eat with the bugs biting us and we were so hot and sweaty that when the photographer wanted to take our pictures, I just couldn't do it because my make up was already sweated off. We had a great butler, Myron, who I would recommend, but when he had his days off, Neisha was not very helpful. Myron had our chairs out in the morning waiting for us and something strange that when Neisha was there, we didn't have chairs or she said someone took our names off the reserved chairs. Now the food, we love to experiment ever cuisine out there, we aren't considered picky people. But I actually lost weight, 3lbs, on our 8 day vacation. And the front desk staff is much to be desired. I had asked the clerk some things I needed to know on 3 different occasions with them ALWAYS referring me to my butler. Why do they not help us either? I got into an argument with her, only to have my butler call me to calm me down. I did see LOTS of great comments here, and was scared to see the bad ones. But I just ruled it as being such picky and unhappy people that are just malcontents. But I do know now that these bad comments are really true. I paid thousands of dollars to have an awesome vacation and a dream vacation, but was sorely disappointed. The only thing we loved was our room, we got the swim up room, very private and we stayed alot of our time in the rooms for the air conditioning it provided the whole property did not have. Please, believe ALL of these issues happened and Please save your money and do not go here. I'm telling everyone I know that this franchise is all a hoax. I surely wasted my money and caulk it up as a learning experience. Do not believe the HYPE, the time of our lives. Blah Blah Blah.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We strive to keep the highest standard of quality and service and we deeply regret if we did not quite live up to your expectations.

We are grateful for all feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to identify our strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We hope that you will afford us a chance to make things right during a stay that exceeds your expectations in the future.
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This holiday was booked in feb 2013 and we went September 15th. To start off with and very importantly i have to mention the charming and extremely helpful Tembi Xavier the Sandals representative that advised and sold this holiday to us. After all this is where our Sandals experience started and from start to finish it was excellent. Yes there were some imperfections, some small hiccups but they were dealt with by charming "no problem Staff" with humour and efficiency.
Sandals Negril is a holiday resort in a beautiful location, at present being renovated but the management and staff will endeavour to offer you rooms that are not effected by the building works and we were not effected by them at all.
This hotel is beautiful, the food is exceptional and the service was faultless. For me the friends made with both guests and staff were unique to Sandals, i have never stayed anywhere like it before it is unique.
Unlike many hotels the management were very hands on and actively met greeted and found out how we were enjoying our holiday on a one to one basis. It makes a difference on all levels to us and clearly to the staff that work here. Thankyou Andre, Edward and Nana.

I would particularly like to mention two men who for me made this holiday exceptional. It was there care, there humour and their friendship that i will never forget offered without asking we were lucky to of spent some quality time with them both.

Travees Simpson who works on the Beaches Catamaran, who was charming and quite apart from coming to my rescue when i sank in the open sea with a life vest on, came to see us when he could and truly cares about the guests he meets its was a pleasure to of met him. He has a special heart and way, we saw him using sign language to talk to some guests and also helping those less able bodied with great skill and dignity.

Finally i mention our friend Captain Davian smiley, he runs the glass bottom boat trips , snorkel trips and some diving. I still hear his laughter. Smiley by name and smiley by nature, his unique enjoyment of life is infectious, i know a lot of guests will miss him none more than me. A true ambassador for Sandals.

Some facts that may help you, yes it does rain in Negril, not for long and there is far more sun than rain. All inclusive at sandals negril is first class, Drinks alcoholic and non alcaholic are premium qaulity, cocktails are superb, its great to have a butler get one if you can, thank you Basil and Darren, We loved the sundowner, the beech and grounds are spotless, its a narrow beach which is stunning, the sea is clear and fish eat from your hand, lots of americans with great humour and fun, it can be pretty humid but plenty of good air con everywhere. Great entertainment, in a year or two this resort will be unequalled when renovated but its skilfully done to not effect guests enjoyment.

Well i just made some banana bread it doesnt taste the same but its good, just looked at our photos its not quite being there but its good, uh will have to go back soon, we loved jamaica and it was the jamaicans that made it special thats priceless.

Room Tip: Ask to be looking at the beech out to sea, butler service is great, find out where work being done r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Wow! Sounds like you had an amazing vacation at Sandals Negril. It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us. We strive to offer incredible experiences to our guests and we're thrilled to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations! Thank you so much for your review.

We hope to welcome you back soon with more open arms, warm hearts and true Jamaican hospitality!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The staff at Sandals Negril were amazing - especially Kera. We were welcomed with open arms, beginning with the amazing waiting in the airport (I just wish we had access to that room during our departure!). Food was abundant and the drinks kept flowing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We're so glad you had a great getaway to Sandals Negril. We always want our guests to enjoy every minute of their stay and it's wonderful to hear you did just that during your visit. Thank you for your review!

Happy Travels!

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!