The property was very nice, including lots of beach space and swimming areas. The water was very warm and there was interesting things to see when snorkeling off the shore (starfish, jellyfish, blennies). The pools were clean and refreshing and lots of activities every day at the main pool. It was not crowded and there was plenty of space for everyone. We were upgraded to a butler suite but didn't really find a butler to add a lot to our stay. The biggest perk was having someone reserve chairs in the morning and bring drinks on demand. Our butler, SherryAnn, did put chocolates on our bed at night and decorated the bed with flowers and cutely folded towels. That was a very nice touch. We only found out after arriving that we were upgraded because our original room was under construction. The whole building was under construction and the noise during the day was tremendous. It was in the center of the resort by the beach so it was hard to escape from it. This should have been mentioned up front as it was very annoying on a relaxing week away.
We found the food to be fresh and plentiful. We are not picky eaters and are happy with the basics so keep in mind we are not hard to please. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a fresh fruit smoothy bar. We did a couple days of diving and enjoyed it. We are avid divers and brought most of our own gear (we rented BCDs) so I can't speak to the equipment. Overall the dive masters were good and safety conscious but they went WAY too fast on the dives. You couldn't stop to look at anything without being left behind. With only fair visibility this means when you look up everyone is gone. This was okay with us because we are experienced but for a new diver this is extremely dangerous, and there were a lot of inexperienced divers on our boat. We heard divers complaining that they didn't see anything "cool" on the dives. Not a surprise because you didn't have time to do anything but swim after the DM. Requests to slow down were ignored. I highly recommend going on a snorkel trip as there is lots to see and it is at your own pace.
The major problem we had with our stay was our room location. The room was very nice, we were in a Sundowner Suite, and the bed was comfortable. Its location near the piano bar made it terrible for people who like to get to sleep at a decent time. We are not late night partiers but the DJ plays to 2am. Even with earplugs and a noise machine we could feel the bass vibrating the bed. Three nights we had to call and ask a manager to turn down the music. If you were standing near the bar you couldn't hold a conversation without shouting, so its not like the music couldn't be plenty loud without being heard in our rooms. The other end of the resort was very quiet at night (near the dive shop). If you like to party late, the Sundowner would be perfect. The rooms had shower products and bathrobes provided.
Bottom line: although the noise was a problem, we would return to this Sandals. We would stay in the rooms closer to the dive shop and get the concierge level service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort