Our tenth time at a Jamaican Sandals and our fifth at Negril. Why? Sandals offer a product that suits us perfectly; we know what to expect and we know we'll enjoy it.
On this occasion we had a one bedroom loft suite,well appointed and with one of the comfiest beds ever.
As always, people will have different views on the same food. We tended to have breakfast and lunch at the Bayside and ate at most of the restaurants in the evenings. The quality at breakfast and lunch was generally very good, inevitably we preferred some dishes to others but you'll certainly never go hungry at Sandals. For those requiring their fix of fast/junk food there's a pizzeria and beach bar - both always seemed very popular.In the evenings we liked Barefoot On the Beach the best but had no complaints about the other restaurants.
Clearly, many go just to relax. We prefer to be active and indulged our love of water skiing on a daily basis. A great way to work off a few extra calories!
The gardens and grounds merit a mention too. Thoughtfully planted and carefully maintained, they offer a generous splash of colour to the resort.
We've always found the staff at Sandals to be exceptional and this time was no different. They're a friendly, hard-working and courteous bunch - someone trains them VERY well. Our special thanks to two superb waitresses, Faithlin and Terriann. Whenever they were looking after us we had a great time. Also worthy of a mention is Micheal at the piano bar for mixing the finest Cosmopolitan I've ever had and Jeneisha who started every day with a big smile and delicious smoothies at breakfast. The last mention goes to two guys who ensured every day was ultra-enjoyable: Carlton and Gregory on the ski boat, we kept them as busy as our bodies would allow!
Obviously no hotel can be perfect. Sandals Negril isn't the newest and looks a little tired around the edges in parts. The main pool can only be described as small. If you like a big pool the one at Whitehouse is vast by comparison. The hotel is quite close to the road and some rooms do suffer from an element of traffic noise.
These are minor gripes though. What it boils down to is would we return?
As Arnie says "I'll be back"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com and Orbitz so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort