After 10 days at Sandals Ocho Rios over the holidays we booked our last four nights at Sandals Negril. We knew we would be longing for a beach fix, a long beautiful beach... and looking at it or being on it day and night; and we got our wish...and much, much more.
Arrived mid-afternoon and having booked a concierge beachfront (lowest/first concierge category) we were whisked to the concierge lounge/check-in. A cold and delicious drink, and a few minutes later we were on our way to our "room". We were told we had an upgrade, but yikes and wow and every !!! our upgrade was fantastic. A butler suite (minus the butler) our suite was gorgeous, comfortable, luxurious. We've been upgraded before but this one took the cake (called the millionaire's suite). Funny; we'd come for the beach but didn't want to leave our room.
The staff at this resort were helpful, kind, friendly and fun, ALL of them! Did not meet one grumpy person and quickly made new friends. Bars were all very good, pool bar especially, we repeatedly would walk a ways along the beach just to get our favorite libations from the pool guys, and the Mango Margarita became a new favorite.
The water is warm and clear, but shallow forever. Hard to do any "serious" swimming, but made up for that part with a fabulous Catamaran trip to Rick's Cafe, swam in deep blue water, jumped off a small cliff and lots of music, dancing and fun. Then at sunset sailed on to a buffet at Margaritaville, and then a nice long sail back under a full moon (lucky timing). Trip is well worth the price. We also did one dive (since only there four days), it was their morning deep dive and to our surprise it was quite beautiful. Jamaica isn't known as a diver's destination but visiblility was excellent and we saw a ton of lobsters, beautiful fish, eels, giant sponges...very fun dive.
As mentioned by many, the resort goes for a long way, you are always walking along the beach, our favorite restaurants were at the opposite end from our suite: Barefoot and Sundowner. We also enjoyed Dinos, and snacks, light fare at the Bistro. We ordered room service as well, prompt and ok, with a very good breakfast. All of the service was great, and we did not wait or have any mixed up orders, loved the fresh pasta at the Italian. Plenty of exercise walking from one to the next :)
The beach vendors really won't bother you, there were a few, but "no thank you" is all you need say, and they are on their merry way. Security is ever present and no one is allowed to linger.
Having come from another resort with butler service, and having "just concierge", we were astounded one night to come back to our room to find a full bubble bath, rose petals everywhere, our bed beautifully decorated and champagne on ice. A huge thank you to Cassandra, our concierge...that was far above and beyond the expected and it was wonderful.
I wish we had been able to stay longer, there is much to this resort we didn't get a chance to try or enjoy. Also loved the outdoor game area/bar off the lobby. Great place to play pool, ping pong, take a dip, order a drink, sit on a lounge and chill, meet friends by a fire pit, etc..
This was a beautiful, romantic and intimate resort to enjoy and we will definitely soon come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort