“BEST VACATION I'VE EVER HAD!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

You added Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril 167, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$335 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #16 of 90 Hotels in Negril
“BEST VACATION I'VE EVER HAD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

First of all we were scheduled to stay here but a hurricane hit the hotels and we were moved to Montego Bay, but sandals gave us rainy day vouchers for a FREE sandals vacation of our choice to use within 1 year! I couldn't complain! I had originally booked negril but almost decided to go to sandals Bahamas since we were just in Montego Bay for our honenymoon- but I sure am glad I decided to stick with our original reservations!

Sandals negril is amazing! I cannot even compare Montego Bay to Negril- negril is a million times better! The service from the moment we walked in to the trip leaving to the airport was phenomenal. 1st they upgraded our room from the top of the swim up suites to an actual swim up suite!!! It was the most gorgeous room we have ever been in!!! Our butlers Theda and Basil were so accommodating and pleasant. We also met friends for life on this trip- I highly recommend it! I loved it so much I'd go back (and usually I don't like to vacation in the same place twice). I also recommend if you stay here to walk down the beach to Beaches Negril- they have water slides and a lazy river- sooo much fun! We actually took a local boy from the beach to beaches and bought him a day pass- it was soo worth it to see how happy he was! He'd never been to anything like it and I'm sure he'll remember us for years.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (862)
  • Greek first
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This was our third trip to Negril and as always it was simply amazing. I remember reading all the negative reviews and being worried the first time we were going. Nothing to worry about! The resort is beautiful, located right on the 7 mile beach. Relax, you are in Jamaica - have a drink, find a nice on the beach or by the pool. If your drink or food takes a minute who cares, where are you in a rush to? Go with the flow and you will have a fabulous time. The staff wants you to have the best time possible so treat them with courtesy and respect, they will be sure to return it.
If you travel during Hurricane season expect the 'hassles' associated and don't complain about the resort or the fact that watersports are closed due to a rough sea? We noticed a lot of people with an attitude problem - we don't want to hear about it, we are there to have a good time. (I 100% agree with an earlier review that stated it will only be a negative experience if you are negative).

Rooms
We always opt for the butler service as the butlers are absolutely fantastic. Dwayne & Tavia spoiled us rotten! They are not intrusive, they simply take care of every wish you might have before you even think about it so a butler suite comes highly recommended. We stayed in the swim-up suites and while they are as beautiful as the pictures show the pool is in the shade and not heated so does get cold, we didn't mind but something to consider. The penthouse suites above are my personal favorite, big balcony and stunning views. If you are looking for a cheaper room go for the paradise building but stay on the ocean side not the garden as there is a busy road behind the resort, that does get noisy.

While I have preferred the food at other Sandals, it is still delicious with a good variety. You will always find something. Kimonos tends to be fun and entertaining. Book in advance as seating is limited here. Cucina Romana has a salad, soup and bread bar and then you can put together your own meal by picking your pasta, sauce and ingredients. Bayside Buffet is great when you are in the mood for a little bit of everything. Sundowner is romantic with great food. Barefoot is by the ocean in the sand and also serves great food. Don't miss the beach party - its a treat!

We have never had bad service at Sandals Negril. Jamaicans do tend to work on Jamaican time but you are in their land - go with the flow. They are a very happy bunch and although they may not have much they love life and will have fun with you if you let them. Especially the bartenders, they will laugh and joke with you and keep the drinks flowing.

Entertainment
This crew is by far the best & most talented I have ever seen in a resort. Join the activities or watch the shows! Willie is the funniest person I ever met! Javid, Sharea and Jiovani are born performers and great dancers. A great bunch to hang out with!

Watersports
Carlton & Jermaine are amazing. They will teach you to ski or wakeboard. Jeramine would go to beaches and grab their boat when the Sandals boat broke, find me and take me for a ski. Where else in the world would you find service like that?

Overall
You won't be sorry you booked Sandals Negril! We can't wait to come back to our second home & Jamaican family!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Paragould, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've been to many vacation spots in the world and this particular resort was hands down the most relaxing and enjoyable resort I've ever been to....I only wish there was a 6th star to give. Negril is the resort you want; the best activities and calmest beach is located here. You'll need a bit of cash on hand to tip the drivers and people handling your luggage, so I would recommend pocketing several five dollar bills. The photo packages are a bit pricey, but the work is phenominal. The staff is unbelievably hospitable. You can't help but feel like you have a friendship bond with every member of the staff you interact with. We had a bar in our room, but rarely touched it. There are several bars on the resort and will make you anything you want at any time. The food is amazing! While I was not impressed with the Japanese or Italian restaurant and will not waste a meal in either of these two when we return, I was highly impressed with the others. One particular restaurant is literaly located on the beach; you sit with your feet right in the sand just yards from the water. Everything is fire lit at this restaurant and the ambiance is truly a special experience. The Sundowner Restaurant was my favorite for taste. I literally had two of the best meals I have ever had in this restaurant. I highly recommend the stuffed Basa, and if you are lucky enough to have access to the wedding meal I highly recommend the seasoned chicken. Each bite of both dishes melt in your mouth as you savor the explotion of flavor! These two dishes were an experience in themselves; no words can properly explain them. The water is a lot calmer on this beach than any on the other resort located on the other sides of the island. There's also plenty of free activities to do. The sailing and snorkling are a must! We bought a spa package and it was amazing. The full body massage with hot rocks was fantastic. November is a great time to go....you get the "Christmas Breeze" which makes the weather and humidity perfect! When I left this resort I felt like a new man. This is one place that truly gives you the island life experience....no stress and no worries mon.

Room Tip: While the bar is a neat feature, you won't necessarily need one since there are more than enough...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at Sandals Negril Nov 10-17th. We have been to three Sandals previous but the service here was the BEST! We were upgraded to the Palms Building to a beautiful spacious room. It was a great location - just had to get use to the road noise.

Thanks to the entire Concierge Staff - especially Patrice who had goodies and flowers on our bed when we returned from Ricks.

I had sent the manager and e-mail a couple of weekds before we arrived to see if SnapShots could get some garland, small Christmas Tree,etc so we could do our Christmas Card picture. Ira in SnapShots went out of his way to help. Thanks to Mandela for the wonderful pictures. Several other guests saw our Christmas Photo shoot and wanted them also. He also did wonderful Garden and Sunset pictures.

Latoya at the Sundowner Beach and Pool was great! She is not only a good server but told us a lot about Jamacian Culture. We developed a nice friendship. Chris is a very good bartender also.

Wade at Watersports took us sailing twice. He was great!

The Lobster at Barefoot was excelllent and steak at Sundownder was yummy as well. The Returning Guest Dinner was great. Loved the Chocolate Extravaganza! We had dinner with a couple we met at last year's returning guest dinner! The Pizza is very good for lunch and the Crab Spring Rolls at Bayside. We had Natasha for our hostess at Kimono's. She was quite entertaining. She can change her voice with every sentence to speak with a different accent. The only bad service we had was at the Beach Grill when three others who came in after us were served and no one noticed until we said something.

Our housekeeping staff kept everything nice and neat. Thanks Desrine and Juliette.

The beach is beautiful with Sting Rays swimming by from time to time and Starfish. The Glass Bottom Boat Ride is a must with Smiley and Big Poppa!

We walked to the Beaches Resort. It was nice, great pool, but we prefer the all adult. Wear shoes if you go since it is not beach all the way. There are also vendors along the way but just tell them no thank you. The taxi is only $5.00 each way if you don't want to walk.

Thanks to the Soon Come Back Staff! We booked for Whitehouse next year, but hope to change to Grenada.

Overall WOW! Thanks for another wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: The Palms Rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

What can I say...just go and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed!

My husband and I went to Negril, Jamaica just because we needed a trip for just the two of us and we are so glad we chose Sandals, Negril!

The resort looks bigger in the travel pictures but it was big enough. We got to the resort around 4:00 pm. We were asked what we would like to drink while our bulter took care of our luggage. We were given a tour of the resort and shown to our accomodations that was going to be ours for the week!

We were booked into the Palms building but out butler walked us right past that, so I'm thinking ummm were are we going? We walked up a flight of stairs and I realized then we were right above the Swim up suites! We were upgraded to the Crystal Lagoon 1-bedroom suites! The room was absolutely beautiful!

It was a little hard to get used of the butler service the first couple of days, but we got the hang of it and loved every minute! Myron & Neisha took care of our every need! It was a pleasure to have met them. I think next time, I would like to know a little more about our butlers before we go.

I could go on and on for days about everything we did and saw and even ate, but all I want to really let you know is...go and stay at Sandals Negril, it's amazing, fantastic and super!!

Room Tip: Go ahead, splurge a little bit, you deserve it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

So we will share what we learned, that you might be able to enjoy it to the fullest.

It's worth the extra money to book one of the Palms rooms although they back to a noisy street (day and night). We were able to get one after complaining about how small the regular rooms were. Concierge service that comes with the room is nearly useless. They can't be bothered with anything beyond basic services. You have to go to them, they don't come to you. Better yet, if it's in your budget, get the rooms with butler service. We heard guests raving about it and observed how attentive the butlers were. Wish we had known how great it was.

Crickets are noisy and everywhere starting at about 6pm. Bring insect repellent and use it each evening starting at 6pm to avoid lots of bites by sand flies. Bring Benadryl cream for itch relief.

Room serice is very slow. No hot items before 7am. Bayside has the best breakfast and lunch. Leroy at the Grill Bar makes the best ice tea. Bar service in Lobby is very fast and friendly. Piano Bar (no one played the piano) service is slow but pleasant enough. Patio Grill serves decent burgers and enchiladas. Jerk chicken tasty but full of bones. Very limited seating around that bar. Walk up to left side to order. Wine is Stone Cellars by Beringer. Not too bad. Champagne is low end, French, but drinkable enough. Spirits in room are brands you've never heard of. Go to bars for better call brands. Still all free.

Don't worry about lack of beach chairs in the morning. Yes, people save them, but we always found some. They are always available around the pool and you can just walk from there to the sea and back. Water is warm and sand soft. Occassional sting ray so shuffle your feet as you walk. No waves to speak of. More like a lake. Great for just floating around on your raft with your cocktail. Expect afternoon rain showers when snorkeling/glassbottom boats may be cancelled without notice. Get your watersports done in the morning. Don't miss the glassbottom boat ride for lots of fun with the crew and large starfish.

Barefoot by the Sea has great seafood at dinner and very attentive service. It's a lovely setting on the sand, best enjoyed right at sunset. Spray yourself with repellent before entering as you will get bit. Conch salad is delicious and spicy.

Red Lane Spa is very nice. Stylists can do any hairstyle out of their extensive books of bridal looks. They have more experience on a daily basis than any US salon when it comes to bridal hair. Amazing to watch.

Trip from the airport to resort takes 1 1/2 hours and they don't let you spend any time to speak of in the free airport lounge. Trip back to airport takes 1 hour and the hotel will make you leave more than 4 hours before your flight. Completely unnecessary and a horrible way to end your vacation. No free lounge for departures.

BTW, you never know who might be staying there in the resort. We saw Rick and his family/friends from Pawn Stars (on the History Channel) right in front of us on the beach.

Lastly, that the resort does things on their schedule, not yours. Nothing happens quickly, so patience will make your stay much more pleasant.

Room Tip: Get the one with butler service.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I just got married at Sandals Negril Nov. 10th. We booked a year in advance and I read reviews on here religiously as we had never been and after I had read a few negative ones I became increasingly worried. First let me say that the reviewers who complain about their flight issues, their shuttle drivers (who they specifically tell you do not work for Sandals directly), the weather, lack of use of water sports due to hurricanes (would you prefer them let you out in hurricane conditions and have something go wrong? Then they'd be complaining about THAT), etc. need to keep in mind Sandals does not control the weather...pretty sure if the weather is bad at Sandals, it's also bad at Couples, the Riu, etc. Just saying. Also, they do not run the airlines; if you want to complain about that, complain to the airline.

We arrived on Thursday evening-we were supposed to arrive Thursday morning before all of our guests, but had flight issues and so, were actually the last ones there. The staff at Sandals welcomed us so warmly, took us right up to the concierge room to go over all of our wedding information, then took us to our room. Nothing prior to arriving at Sandals, no matter how aggravating (which it was) mattered once we arrived-we forgot it all immediately. Our room was a beachfront walkout onto the beach overlooking the wedding gazebo. We never heard any noise from outside with the exception of hearing the wedding ceremony music from other ceremonies, which we actually loved as we were there to be married as well...it was actually pretty neat waking up the morning of our wedding to wedding music!

We don't have butlers at home and felt no need to have them there...we didn't care what type of room we had as we did not travel all that way and spend money to spend time in a bedroom. If we needed ANYTHING at all, we were taken care of, even without a butler. I can't understand for the life of me the complaints about no beach chairs available. The weekend we were there, the resort was completely SOLD OUT-the Saturday of our wedding, there were 8, yes 8, weddings throughout the day. LOTS of people....many, many open chairs. We had a group of 13 of us and sat together every day at the beach, every restaurant accommodated us, every bar, etc.

The food was great everywhere, every day. The beach bar late night was our favorite as Mikey would cook up all kinds of food-even some not on the menu! We got a great treat one night at the beach bar when Kimonos closed and the hibachi chefs decided to come down to the beach bar for a minute. Before long they were performing, trying to outsing and outperform each other while we and some staff members cheered them on. One of the playmakers who was off-duty told me he had never seen them do that before, they typically always go right home after work!

Entertainment we loved. We are a group of 26-31 year olds who live in Boston and Palm Beach, FL so it's not like we are never exposed to good entertainment. I saw reviews saying there wasn't enough to do, or people were bored, or it was all older couples....well I guess then we just lucked out because none of those things is the case.

The day of our wedding, we were celebrities it felt like. Shermaine and Clintest in the wedding office were absolutely amazing and made our experience so stress-free and fun. Our MC for our reception Gwayne was a blast! We had a 4:00 oceanfront gazebo ceremony that was gorgeous! They had booked another oceanfront ceremony at the same time right next to us-which at first upset me as they had 70 guests too...no problem at all! They staggered the ceremonies, it was as though those people were not even there, and both ceremonies had their own moment-not a shared one as I had been afraid of. It was absolutely perfect! They took good care of us additionally with a private candlelit dinner on the beach to make up for the pre wedding worry, when really they didn't have to do a thing-like I said everything was perfect. We had so much fun at our hour cocktail reception which they did at Dino's (definitely was the best place we could have asked for overlooking the water!) we asked them with 5 minutes left if we could extend another hour! They immediately accommodated us-moving the entire bar/dj/mc setup to the garden area for hour #2 (since the restaurant was about to open for reservations) and all with huge smiles! Let me just say that second hour was the best money we spent the whole trip. The next day staff members all over the resort were talking about "the party in the garden" and how fun they heard it was...the 13 person party at that!

Long story short, this trip was unforgettable and all because of the staff and beautiful location. Have fun with your trip and make the most of everything! The negative reviews on here I truly feel are people being a little bit too nitpicky on tiny (IRRELEVANT ALSO) details. I would 200% recommend this resort for a ceremony to anyone-they made us, and all of our guests, for the entire trip (not just the day of the wedding) feel like royalty. If you're booking your trip for the amenities and interior design INSIDE a room, go somewhere where that is their specialty...although our room was beautiful, clean, and looked great inside...that was not why we booked our trip here.

Room Tip: Pick your room based on location and view...beachfront walkout is in the middle of everything (thoug...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!