“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

You added Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril 167, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$335 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #15 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Marysville, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We celebrated our 20th anniversary at Sandals Negril in November 2012 and our
experience was simply amazing. We booked a room with butler service and Mark & Dorrett were fabulous at anticipating our every need. They made our stay the trip of
a life time, completely worth the extra cost since we didn't have to worry about anything
and they took care of everything. We had beach chairs reserved every day in the shade, they brought us coffee in the room every morning complete with room service breakfast,
they made all the reservations for dinner and walked us right in every night. On the beach I didn't have to call them since they were there bringing us drinks to our chairs all day and even suggested some of the local drinks. We felt like royalty the entire week. The food was excellent, so much to choose from too. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the waiting staff to the activity directors and even the nurse who I had to see for an injured toe was very professional and courteous. The watersports activities are first class with wonderful snorkeling trips and boating trips, I especially appreciated the boating staff teaching us a little about the corral and history of the sea and creatures.
I loved our entire trip and can't wait to come back! Maybe some day we'll try Beaches too and bring the kids.

Dennis T

Room Tip: Get a butler suite, you won't be dissapointed!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this review as I sit here at the Montego Bay airport waiting to depart on my flight home. This was one of the BEST vacations i've ever had. Everything was simply wonderful and the staff are some of the nicest I've meet anywhere. Do yourself a favor and don't listen to the negative reviews. These ppl are just miserable hags looking to complain about anything. One thing I can say is that everyone with a concierge room or higher was very pleased with their rooms. So what are you waiting for mon? Go already!!

• Stayed November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Okay, the positives first. We LOVED our butlers, Tavia and Dwayne! They were wonderful! DO NOT book a room without a butler -- it's completely worth the extra cost!!!! The rest of the staff were super friendly, too!

The beach was gorgeous and our butlers reserved a prime spot for us under shade every day. The water sports are free and great -- we water skiied, tubed on the water, snorkeled, and sailed. We played both water and beach volleyball. The bars were nice (we're not big drinkers, but we still had lots of stocked alcohol in our room!) and conveniently located. The restaurant locations were nice and the outdoor dining was great. Also, the playmakers were a lot of fun - when we couldn't get other guests involved in our volleyball game, they played with us.

Negatives: The food was not great. I am a somewhat picky eater and everything seemed to have peppers in it. Not my favorite. Also, the rooms were pretty bad. We reserved a honeymoon "suite." The bed was pretty, but the mattress was crap - I did not sleep well. Also, the bathrooms leave something to be desired - old, cracked tile around a dated bath tub ... with NO water pressure. Kind of disappointing. Next time we go we're reserving the top tier room. Hopefully it will be better.

Note: This hotel is a 60-90 minute drive from the airport. REMEMBER that when planning your trip. Also, it is 3+ hours to Ochos Rios (where they have ziplining and Dunns River Falls). We went and it was wonderful, but it makes for a LONG day. We spent 7+ hours on a bus (our bus ended up with a flat tire). Please keep that in mind when booking - there were lots of people on our excursion who didn't know that and were unhappily surprised by the time it took from our day.

To sum it up -- I'll live with the average food and somewhat crappy (yet clean!) rooms for the rest of the amenities at the hotel. You can't beat it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at this Sandals resort in October 2012 for a wedding reception. I had really high expectations for the Sandals resort based on their name and ratings and was very dissapointed. To start the food was terribe for the exception of the habachi restaurant. The service was ok to an extent. Yhe majority of the staff were friendly and helpful, however, the day of the wedding the blow dryer broke and I called the front desk to have it replaced and explained to the attendant that I had a wedding to attend in an hour and it never came. I was there during hurricane Sandy and as it was hitting the northeast where I was to fly home but the news was reporting cancellations. The over night attendant at the front desk was rude while I was asking how to contact the airline service to check the status of my flight. The day of departure my flight was cancelled and Sandals wanted to charge my full price $400.00 to stay an extra night. (mind you I am a 25 year old female in jamaica alone at this point. The rest of the wedding party are from the south and didn't have delays). I'd also like to add they for the first 3 days of our trip the beach/water sports were closed due to the hurricane. Another aggravating factor was other hotel guests that arrived the day prior to us stated the manager offered them all a free night stay because of the storm and they informed us the thursday we arrived was actually worse than the day of the storm.
I stayed at the Riu next to Sandals the last day and had a blast. The entertainment and food was much better for $158.00/night/all inclusive.
I would not recommend Sandals resort based on my first and only experience.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Breath taking views...beaches, sunsets and the Hotel itself.
Food, food, food...ya gotta try just a bite of everything.
Experience all the pools, the shows and the water sports (you'll feel like your on "Fear Factor")
The friendly staff are the greatest, with a "ya mon" and "No Problem" attitude.
Spend the $20 and take a drive to Time Square Mall for your souvenirs then onto "Beaches" for the day, the driver never leaves you.
Reminder: put all liquids you just purchased into the suitcase you check in. Or you'll lose you Jamaican hot sauce :(
I will definitely be back...ya mon

• Stayed November 2012
Rolla,North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Sandals Negril and our experience was nothing short of amazing. The hospitality of the staff was the best we have ever experienced. They paid attention to even the smallest of details to help make our stay memorable. The serving staff, on site photographers, scuba instructors and concierge services really went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. Transportation off the resort, which was set up by the resort, made us feel safe and we arrived to our destinations in a timely fashion. We wish we could go back every year!

Room Tip: There are a variety of room choices and locations to fit a wide variety of travelers. We stayed in t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Having stayed at other all inclusive this resort was first class. The Service was amazing. From the drinks delivered on the beach to the The great scuba diving team. We stayed in the paradise building overlooking the beach. The room was small but clean and had a nice patio to hang out at. I would recommend to get at the minimum a concierge room or even better yet a butler. The food was first class and the service team was top notch. Jarvis a trainee at the pool bar always had a smile on his face and was a fantastic representative. there was one grumpy older bar tender at the beach bar who did not want to seem to be bothered tom make any drink the took any effort (ie: the Bob Marley). He was the only negative of the week. The beach did have quite a few locals pushing their goods. But a no thank you and they were on their way with a smile. I would recommend this resort

Room Tip: I like the concierge room on the third floor of the paradise building
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!