Okay, the positives first. We LOVED our butlers, Tavia and Dwayne! They were wonderful! DO NOT book a room without a butler -- it's completely worth the extra cost!!!! The rest of the staff were super friendly, too!
The beach was gorgeous and our butlers reserved a prime spot for us under shade every day. The water sports are free and great -- we water skiied, tubed on the water, snorkeled, and sailed. We played both water and beach volleyball. The bars were nice (we're not big drinkers, but we still had lots of stocked alcohol in our room!) and conveniently located. The restaurant locations were nice and the outdoor dining was great. Also, the playmakers were a lot of fun - when we couldn't get other guests involved in our volleyball game, they played with us.
Negatives: The food was not great. I am a somewhat picky eater and everything seemed to have peppers in it. Not my favorite. Also, the rooms were pretty bad. We reserved a honeymoon "suite." The bed was pretty, but the mattress was crap - I did not sleep well. Also, the bathrooms leave something to be desired - old, cracked tile around a dated bath tub ... with NO water pressure. Kind of disappointing. Next time we go we're reserving the top tier room. Hopefully it will be better.
Note: This hotel is a 60-90 minute drive from the airport. REMEMBER that when planning your trip. Also, it is 3+ hours to Ochos Rios (where they have ziplining and Dunns River Falls). We went and it was wonderful, but it makes for a LONG day. We spent 7+ hours on a bus (our bus ended up with a flat tire). Please keep that in mind when booking - there were lots of people on our excursion who didn't know that and were unhappily surprised by the time it took from our day.
To sum it up -- I'll live with the average food and somewhat crappy (yet clean!) rooms for the rest of the amenities at the hotel. You can't beat it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort